English channel ferries

Are there any need to transport of containers ostende ramsgate, on the main deck it is possible to have mafias with 2 tier containers, maybe some dedicated departures where we primary ship with containers

we intend to begin latest 15 december this year maybe before, we are opening to book but not paying now, we hope to attract combinations but also drop trailers where we will give some good start discounts

what about haz loads inc class one ?

I use to use this route in my Italian days. You could pre book your sailing saving queuing at Dover/Calais. You could then hit Luxembourg in 4 1/2 hours driving. There were very few English drivers on this boat when I did use it. If you do get it up and running I hope you make a go of it.

As far as I know about the roro ships I wish to use should be able to load this cargo

hotel magnum:
what about haz loads inc class one ?

As mentioned in another forum. P&O when ostend spirit were available a few days on the open market they would not sell to us who could compete with them, so why TEF a good question

eiamunk:
We have being in contact with the breaker, he is not permitted to sell it to trading,that P&O have demanded. There are some debt from the TEF time which is not solved therefore it is still in tilbury

eiamunk:

glen958:

eiamunk:
Some of the ships we have being offered can only take drivers, so there we can concentrate of givng you all a good voyage ramsgate - ostende

Well ostende Spirit is layed up in tilbury so why not charter her

They have refused to talk with us, as far as I can find out from the day they decided to sell it to demolition. I am not sure what the problem there is regarding the ship now, since she still have not gone. We would like to buy/charter her

Dont take this the wrong way but do you really think you can make this route work and turn a profit? In my opinion that route just takes too long. Its much easier to use Calais. As an outsider looking in it seems no route round that area will work while Dover has everything ■■■■■■■. LD Lines tried with various routes from Boulgne, and even had a joint venture with TEF but pulled out, and they had deep pockets. Even Newhaven Dieppe is a failure only kept going by (probably illegal) state subsidy from the French. It seems you need to be a certain distance from Dover - Calais for it to work! And the likes of Caen Portsmouth can offer overnight crossings and you still land in UK earlier than if you went via Calais. I hope you make a go of the route but I’m not optimistic. And if you do go for it, using old uneconomical tubs like the ones mentioned on this thread doesn’t seem like the best option. I used TEF a few times, I would have prefered to swim. And I cant swim.

On the flipside to Luke, I loved the TEF service and would use it whenever I could.
Lead to a nice relaxing break, free food and beer at 70p a bottle.

LD and TEF’s troubles started when they seemingly put the core business of freight aside to expand the pax business and cut the route to a 2 ship service. The route was never really advertised or pushed much either.
I lived in Ramsgate 2001 - 2003 and all the TEF ships were packed on most crossings, they even had a dedicated overnight boat for unaccompanied only. As an accompanied driver, the boats had plenty of room, you always had your own cabin and the staff were very friendly (even if they didn’t have a very good grasp of English). I would come off the boat in Ramsgate on a Friday afternoon, park up on the dock (our operating centre) and book my outbound Sunday night crossing before going home, Sunday I’d mosey down to the truck and if I was running late, they’d see the truck on the dock and hold the boat for me. Can’t see any other operator providing that sort of service.

A lot more relaxing than the overcrowded Dover boats.

Hi
Ernst Munk
I try to be realistic the 2 roroships I negotiate is from 2001 and 2003.
the commercial drivers can use these 3-4 hours as a part of the demanded rest period because there will be available beds/bunks to them. Most days there will be very little waiting time so they do not waste a lot of time with that.
Yes I belive it is possible but cuts in numbers of the employed in the ports needs to be done
using more modern ways to book and registration when they come to the ferry.
A much better marketing
Write to me directly on einarmunk@yahoo.dk it makes it easier
Ernst

switchlogic:
Dont take this the wrong way but do you really think you can make this route work and turn a profit? In my opinion that route just takes too long. Its much easier to use Calais. As an outsider looking in it seems no route round that area will work while Dover has everything ■■■■■■■. LD Lines tried with various routes from Boulgne, and even had a joint venture with TEF but pulled out, and they had deep pockets. Even Newhaven Dieppe is a failure only kept going by (probably illegal) state subsidy from the French. It seems you need to be a certain distance from Dover - Calais for it to work! And the likes of Caen Portsmouth can offer overnight crossings and you still land in UK earlier than if you went via Calais. I hope you make a go of the route but I’m not optimistic. And if you do go for it, using old uneconomical tubs like the ones mentioned on this thread doesn’t seem like the best option. I used TEF a few times, I would have prefered to swim. And I cant swim.