Myferrylink escapes closure

For now at least

truckingtopics.co.uk/myferrylinkstays.html#!

those of you who use the short-Channel, which ferry do you prefer, or would you rather use the tunnel?

MyFerryLink, because its quiet and you can roll up 30 minutes before the next one and get on, whereas often you’ll just be queuing that long for P&O. I dont eat on it though.

Is the food bad on MFL?

I haven’t been on a cross channel ferry since SeaFrance when it was running with the ex-Sealink fleet. The fumes in the boat on the way back were so bad I had to sit outside on the deck for the whole voyage.

I use P&O a fair bit simply because MFL don’t seem to operate before 0700, but the few times I’ve used them they’ve been ok and the food is no better or worse than an MSA.

They do operate before 7. Think first from dover is half five and there is a half 2 from Calais. As for the food…well MSA food is indigestible muck so that covers that!

Is that a freight only service? Ive been going across in my car regularly lately and cant get a crossing with Myferrylink between about 2300 and 0700, yet have been on the train and P&O at both ends of that time shot and it’s been packed.