ELKESLEY

Quinny:
My brother in law, who is ex traffic Northumbria, told me that the 10% + 2, is not compulsory, only discretionary.

Ken.

That is correct.

tmcassett:

ScaniaUltimate:

tmcassett:
I have just been done by a mobile speed van in my car last week in Nottingham when taking my little girl to nursery.

I totally missed the van at the time of the offence as the first I knew about it was a week later when I got a letter from Nottinghamshires finest - I was doing 35 in a 30 so no 10% +2 here.

Speeding around nursery starting & finishing times whilst not paying enough attention to spot a police van suggests a speed awareness course would be useful.
Your speedometer would have been showing above 35 MPH too; likely 37+ MPH.

I’d like to correct a few inaccuracies in your statement there as you have wrongly assumed a couple of things.

First of all I was over 1 mile away from where the nursery actually was so I wasnt speeding around a nursery, nor its start or finish times.

Secondly the stretch of road I got done on was a dual carriageway with houses set back from the road and separated by another road that runs alongside the dual carriageway. I’m fully aware it’s a 30mph limit as I use it every day. While I have every intention of driving at speed limits it’s easy to creep over without realising from time to time - particularly on a dual carriageway when the limit is 30mph

Lastly where the van was placed from what I can see on the NIP letter I recieved was set well back from the road and behind a footbridge that passes over the road so very sneaky and easy to miss.

Bottom line, I was unknowingly travelling over the limit and I got caught so will accept whatever I end up with. It’s just one of those things.

Lastly, I would like to throw some praise your way for never ever creeping over a speed limit in however long you have been driving. That is a pretty amazing thing to have achieved, you must be so proud!

I did not state you were speeding around the nursery; just around the nursery start & finish times.

Interesting that you were taking your little girl to nursery outside their start time time; I think my assumption you would be taking your little girl there around their start time was a reasonable assumption.

I also didn’t state I had never crept over a speed limit.

I did not state you were speeding around the nursery; just around the nursery start & finish times.

Interesting that you were taking your little girl to nursery outside their start time time; I think my assumption you would be taking your little girl there around their start time was a reasonable assumption.

[/quote]
Not sure of the relevance of the nursery time comment in that case then but anyway.

You may not have stated you had never crept over a speed limit but your post came across as holier than thou and patronising.

ScaniaUltimate:

Not sure of the relevance of the nursery time comment in that case then but anyway.

You may not have stated you had never crept over a speed limit but your post came across as holier than thou and patronising.

msgyorkie:
Had a massive upgrade of the road a few years back but kept the 50mph limit!! Ridiculous.

It’s due to the crappy junction southbound for the airport and the first one northbound into the village and the Starbucks.