A1 Elkesley 50mph northbound

Hi…has anybody driven northbound through Elkesley roadworks within the last couple of days…im wanting to confirm whether the speed limit has returned back to 50mph all the way through albeit still on average speed cameras…thx in advance Rob

I’m sure it’s up to 50 now, but my mate said that they reduce it to 40 if they’re working near the carriageway/foldy down signs.

Why ? Have you been a Naughty Boy ?

Cheers Martin…no i dont think so lol…i just expected it to drop to 40 at some stage and it didnt…as i left to go back to national speed limit i spotted in my mirror that on the southbound carriageway it was 40…made me think thats all…been a long day up since 3.00 am

It was 40mph at 0230 Saturday, but they did have it coned off to 1 lane that side :wink:

Cheers Eddie…it looks like they change it daily.

Went through it last night, definitely 50, I checked every sign as I approached :smiley:

Went through it yesterday morning and it definitely said 50 northbound. Though my sat nav said 40.

When I went trough today It was 40mph increasing to 50mph on the southbound and 50mph all the way trough on the northbound. (Average speed cameras).