A1 speed camera roadworks

I was heading heading North about 0300 this morning and having just gone round the worksop roundabout (the one before Blyth) the carriageway is coned off into 1 lane and a speed limit of 40

I had the CC set to just under 40 when I got a flash …there was a car up my ■■■ and a truck behind him…Now I did not see any cameras not a road I use often and there was only one Flash…not sure if it was a CAMERA or car.

Anyone know if there are cameras on that stretch or any of the other streches approaching or leaving the roundabouts. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

North bond - I don’t think so - none of the lads in DHL newark as seen or said about this one. I do know that there is one before Blyth that is set at 50 IIRC (just before the bridge) and that is a forward facing one.

Got to be careful with the 5 Lanes End roundabout (worksop) as you need to get into the outside lane at the last moment to get the A1 (on the sign is A1 use lane 2 but under a line under the A1 sigh is a 6-6 Width limit. Heard of a few bangs there.

i didnt spot a camers this morning at 430 an i was going over 40mph . no flash !!!

yes xlthunter . one of the day agy lads enroute to leeds hit 2 cars there last week . isnt the sign bad as you approch . it basicly says if you are over 6-6 you have to go on either the a57 or the a614 and not the a1

xlthunter:
North bond - I don’t think so - none of the lads in DHL newark as seen or said about this one. I do know that there is one before Blyth that is set at 50 IIRC (just before the bridge) and that is a forward facing one.

Got to be careful with the 5 Lanes End roundabout (worksop) as you need to get into the outside lane at the last moment to get the A1 (on the sign is A1 use lane 2 but under a line under the A1 sigh is a 6-6 Width limit. Heard of a few bangs there.

one before bridge , isnt that markam moor :question: , if so ive never lifted for it and not been flashed

thecoder0:
I was heading heading North about 0300 this morning and having just gone round the worksop roundabout (the one before Blyth) the carriageway is coned off into 1 lane and a speed limit of 40

I had the CC set to just under 40 when I got a flash …there was a car up my ■■■ and a truck behind him…Now I did not see any cameras not a road I use often and there was only one Flash…not sure if it was a CAMERA or car.

Anyone know if there are cameras on that stretch or any of the other streches approaching or leaving the roundabouts. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

not seen any cammeras and ive been up and down all week including this morn,

it sounds like he had gone round 5 Lane end roundabout , there’s a small stretch at 40mph , but not a lot

there ain’t no cameras north bound came through today, there’s plenty off f###### idoits though. Love the new one lane idea down there at the moment!!

thecoder0:
I carriageway is coned off into 1 lane and a speed limit of 40

I had the CC set to just under 40

why■■?

As the thecoder0 wrote (40MPH speed limit) so the OP set CC under 40mph… I would do the same as well 1 or 2 MPH under the limit.

If fact the road for about 1-2 miles after the roundabout (north bound) is a single carriage way - so in effect its a 40mph zone for HGV :wink:

Driveroneuk:

thecoder0:
I carriageway is coned off into 1 lane and a speed limit of 40

I had the CC set to just under 40

why■■?

Thanks for the Info guys.

Driverone I thought would have been obvious…as XLhunter says to keep under the limit. (ish) :unamused: :unamused:

If the road ahead is clear and conditions otherwise permit it, and the limit is 40, then i will do 40 and no less.
Camera ain’t gonna trigger anything under 44.
Annoys the hell out of me following people (mostly cars admittedly) through temp 40 limits at 30 -35

Jonathan

32yrs without a penalty point.

Driveroneuk:
If the road ahead is clear and conditions otherwise permit it, and the limit is 40, then i will do 40 and no less.
Annoys the hell out of me following people (mostly cars admittedly) through temp 40 limits at 30 -35

Jonathan

CONGRATULATIONS !

Trust in the calibration of the vehicle is not something I am happy to do so I will drive just under :unamused: :unamused:

26 years without a penalty point !! arent we the clever ones :unamused: :unamused:

thecoder0:

Driveroneuk:

Jonathan

CONGRATULATIONS !

Trust in the calibration of the vehicle is not something I am happy to do so I will drive just under :unamused: :unamused:

26 years without a penalty point !! arent we the clever ones :unamused: :unamused:

Coder, I believe that speedo’s tend to under-read rather than show you are going slower than you actually are.

hammer:

thecoder0:

Driveroneuk:

Jonathan

CONGRATULATIONS !

Coder, I believe that speedo’s tend to under-read rather than show you are going slower than you actually are.

Hammer thanks for that mate did not know that …we never stop learning in this game do we ? :blush:

There is a forward facing Truvelo camera just by the bridge before the brow of the hill before Markham Moor which now sits inside the temporary 50 mph speed limit for the roadworks, I always slow for this one both in the truck and the car roadworks or not!

As regards the signs for the temporary roadworks at Fiveways (A57/A1 roundabout) I hope somebody from the Highways Agency Traffic Office has been reading these posts, because whoever planned the road layout has never driven a car never mind a truck, they are dangerous and contradict each other on approach. Another example of excellent customer service from the HA!!!

Talking of dangerous, travel a few miles more N/bound to Blyth. Who the hell thought about that junction!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
You come up to the new slip road junction and have to look to approx the five o’clock position to give way to vehicles coming from the right at a very badly thought out bit of the roadworks. It’s not helped by the large barriers that car drivers stuggle to see over. There has got to have been quite a few prangs there over the past few weeks.