EE curtain sided vans?

Wheel Nut:

muckles:

milodon:
The dog wasn’t secured in the cabin, but it had had all the necessary vaccinations and such and can therefore continue on its journey with his master.

I prefered the Google translation to yours. :laughing:

Me too. I am going to nick that and save it for a future post [emoji23]

I’m having it as my signiture, that’ll confuse anybody who hasn’t read the thread. :laughing:

i just spent 30 mins translating all the other links to read…best entertainment from tnet ever…google translate is the dogs doodahs :smiley:

Blimey! I’ve had a few unmarried dogs in the cabin…!

dieseldog999:
i just spent 30 mins translating all the other links to read…best entertainment from tnet ever…google translate is the dogs doodahs :smiley:

Could be the way forward for these sympathy centre of attraction posts that keep appearing, Translate Roulette makes a bollox post more interesting :laughing: :laughing:

Ever done a three way?
No. Not that sort.
Take an English word, auto translate into a second language, then from second to third language and from the third back to English. Can be surprising.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

nomiS36:
I’ve had the misfortune to get the S/E run this week so have seen hundreds of them. What is the business model for them? I ask because UK firms don’t run them really so they must have found a niche no?
It surely doesn’t pay to send a van that can only carry about 6 pallets all the way from Poland does it?[emoji848]

I think they stand out just because the body type. There are so many ‘traditional’ panel vans on our roads that may be doing European deliveries but they don’t stand out.

You will find the rates on JIT work are generally better than 44 tonner work.

Google translate has made this thread a reet laf [emoji23]

Seen them in GE Aerospace Hamble.

Darkside:
You will find the rates on JIT work are generally better than 44 tonner work.

One would generally tend to agree, but after seeing loads and loads of them waiting after work for days at a a time from Stockholm to Lisboa (particularly the Volkswagen factory in Lisboa and the BP at A7 Barca) one would gather that the price is dependant on supply and with supply a plenty, no 44t price warrants to be expected :wink:

grumpyken52:
The lot I used to work for often picked up work delivering the overloads at Dover docks .
Always urgent and usually car parts for JLR . Always straight to delivery point and tip straight away as production was waiting .
We also ran deliveries the other direction , usually aircraft parts for an aircraft sat at an airfield somewhere.
You delivering the missiles?
No I’m delivering the targets the missiles are on another wagon .
The conversation had at an MOD range delivery of an overload from Germany.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Neither the UK or Germany let just anyone loose with missiles. If the job is for the MoD then the carrier would need a section 5 license, and you can’t get that unless you are a UK company.

milodon:
The dog wasn’t secured in the cabin, but it had had all the necessary vaccinations and such and can therefore continue on its journey with his master.

Was it married or not though?

There all going to be well and truly buggerd when o-licensing extends its authority to commercial stuff under 3.5t.

Concretejim:
There all going to be well and truly buggerd when o-licensing extends its authority to commercial stuff under 3.5t.

Which according to the north west traffic commissioner, there are no plans to do.

albion:

Concretejim:

Which according to the north west traffic commissioner, there are no plans to do.

Much like the long awaited addition of tacho units to them, that’s been a rumour since the digi started

albion:

Concretejim:

Thats interesting then, as i have been told the total opposite from the dvsa.

Concretejim:

albion:

Concretejim:

Curious, I was speaking to the TC face to face (not a tea and biscuits moment :wink: ), and asked the very question. Was back in March, but he was very definite at the time.

Guess we will just get back to being mushrooms, kept in the dark etc.

albion:

Concretejim:

albion:

Concretejim:

Curious, I was speaking to the TC face to face (not a tea and biscuits moment :wink: ), and asked the very question. Was back in March, but he was very definite at the time.

A shame as that will just totally ruin yet another part of the UK transport industry … :frowning:

albion:

Concretejim:

albion:

Concretejim:

O licensing these vehicles wouldn’t be just a uk initiative, it would have to be European wide otherwise it defeats the object.
In Germany if they are pulled by the BAG they have to show the old activity log book, not exactly hard evidence they took a break when the book says they did, but it shows that it’s been noted they need more stringent rulings put in place.

The whole things a mess grumpy dad. I’d rather they brought everything under EU regs and did away with British domestic. We run a mixed fleet, here and abroad, right pain running to two systems.

Our sprinter van where I work has a tachograph fitted. One of the office bods does the odd delivery so obviously doesn’t use it but I always do, especially when I’m pulling the trailer. Do I have to or not? I rarely drive the thing so it’s just occasionally on a Friday to take a couple of pallets locally if that makes a difference?