Cheap Eastern European hauliers

According to the head honcho of the RHA , our EE cousins are gone forever from next year as they can’t afford to be parked up for days or longer and need to be rolling to make money , if this does happens, that will finish the export from the UK to Europe and beyond as nobody can compete with their cheap rates and nothing will be imported from Europe so no more cheap tat that the English will queue for hours to buy and have no idea where it came from .
If you take a large EE fleet of 6000 trucks , and 500 are parked up not earning in the UK , can you blame them ?
And who would want to be a driver when young see 20 mile queues of lorries on the motorway with no toilet, hot food and showers .

And yet more ■■■■■ posted by a remoaner!

Who wants underpaid exploited East Euro drivers under cutting our own doing third country haulage which SHOULD be classed as similar to cabotage.I thought the EU was all about stopping the race to the bottom.
We managed just fine before the EUSSR with permits.
Why is jobs for EE drivers at the expense of our own good for us.

Good, anything that helps to improve wages and t&c’s is a good thing, hopefully the EE’s that accept zero hours contracts, Ltd employment, minimum wage can all do one as well.
It’s the companies knowing theres a pool of cheap labour willing to accept any wages and terms that have dragged trucking into the gutter, remove the cheap labour and it can only improve.

Tarmaceater:
if this does happens, that will finish the export from the UK to Europe and beyond as nobody can compete with their cheap rates and nothing will be imported from Europe

Absolute utter unadulterated bollox. Just how do you think it was done prior to 2004 when Poland joined the EU and 2007 when Bulgaria and Romania joined the EU?

Just how much extra do you think it puts up the price of a tin of baked beans that comes in loads of tens of thousands per lorry if you put up the rates even €200 a load? It doesn’t even add a single penny a tin.

no more cheap tat that the English will queue for hours to buy and have no idea where it came from .

That mostly comes from China and the rest of Asia you and arrives on container ships.

Things will carry on as they did before EE joined EU, well after a bit of initial turbulence.

Anyway tarmaceater don’t tell me that you think that British manufacturing and consumers benefit from cheaper rates from the Eatern hauliers, in many cases it’s the Freight Fowarders and Logistics companies who benefit. They’ll have to get used to surviving on 10-15% which they used to make off their subbies, rather than the 40-60% they make of the eatern brethren.

Funny how the owners of these companies don’t have a problem with their drivers sitting about unpaid when it suits them. Was speaking to a Pole in Auxerre who was paid by the km and had 4 days to go from Auxerre to Crick a distance of roughly 750km minus 40 for the ferry unsurprisingly he wasn’t in the best of form.

Tarmaceater:
According to the head honcho of the RHA , our EE cousins are gone forever from next year as they can’t afford to be parked up for days or longer and need to be rolling to make money , if this does happens, that will finish the export from the UK to Europe and beyond as nobody can compete with their cheap rates and nothing will be imported from Europe so no more cheap tat that the English will queue for hours to buy and have no idea where it came from .
If you take a large EE fleet of 6000 trucks , and 500 are parked up not earning in the UK , can you blame them ?
And who would want to be a driver when young see 20 mile queues of lorries on the motorway with no toilet, hot food and showers .

Oh dear how sad nevermind…

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Don`t forget the EU insist on a"level playing field" before the UK get a trade deal,irrespective that countries in eastern EU have been undercutting the UK working conditions and pay for years.

I’m s ure most of the cheap tat and stuff we buy comes from.china and the far East. So won’t be affected by brexit anyway

Grumpy_old_trucker:
And yet more [zb] posted by a remoaner!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

polytrotter:

There.

download.jpg

Quinny:

polytrotter:

There.

That’s the one…[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Mazzer2:
Funny how the owners of these companies don’t have a problem with their drivers sitting about unpaid when it suits them. Was speaking to a Pole in Auxerre who was paid by the km and had 4 days to go from Auxerre to Crick a distance of roughly 750km minus 40 for the ferry unsurprisingly he wasn’t in the best of form.

I work with a few Poles, who used to do international haulage out of Poland, working for Polish hauliers, they keep in touch with their mates in Poland still doing this job and they said, no driver in Poland works or would work for a haulier paying by kilometer, they all mostly are being paid by day.
They mostly all get paid for weekending away, although not much, so either someone took a pass of you telling you BS knowing you would believe it anyway, you had troubles communicating, understanding each other, or you are making it all up as you go, trying to make it all more dramatic than it really is, and I suspect it is a combination of all these three.

internetfan:

Mazzer2:

I work with a few Poles, who used to do international haulage out of Poland, working for Polish hauliers, they keep in touch with their mates in Poland still doing this job and they said, no driver in Poland works or would work for a haulier paying by kilometer, they all mostly are being paid by day.
They mostly all get paid for weekending away, although not much, so either someone took a pass of you telling you BS knowing you would believe it anyway, you had troubles communicating, understanding each other, or you are making it all up as you go, trying to make it all more dramatic than it really is, and I suspect it is a combination of all these three.

Can only go on what the man told me no reason to make it up this was 2 years ago and have no interest in making it a drama out of it. But it if the driver was being paid by the day then the haulier would have made a considerable loss on that load, I know the rate for the load we load it one day and tip it the next, there is certainly not enough in it for an extra three days pay in the rate.
Are you sure your contacts are 100% truthful and not just trying to paint Polish haulage in a better light, swings and roundabouts and all that. It is well known that drivers are rarely 100% truthful about wages, but even taking what the driver told me with a pinch of salt knowing the rate for the job there is no way he was going get a decent wage by any standards for that run.

internetfan:

Mazzer2:

Polish minimum wage is around 600 Euros per month.
Let’s say double that 1,200 euros per month.( Doubtful ).
20 days worked per month = 60 Euros per day 300 Euros per week.

But cheaper cost of living and not expected to do anything but the job of a driver because they’ve undercut western europe on distance work.
Ok so when the wheels ain’t turning the driver isn’t earning but that beats being put to work in a warehouse or factory etc and/or being fed a constant diet of zb work instead.

Carryfast:

internetfan:

Mazzer2:

But cheaper cost of living and not expected to do anything but the job of a driver because they’ve undercut western europe on distance work.
Ok so when the wheels ain’t turning the driver isn’t earning but that beats being put to work in a warehouse or factory etc and/or being fed a constant diet of zb work instead.

Yeah, but, you have to drive a death trap…

Carryfast:
/quote]

Hard to fathom a person who spends his obviously very boring life arguing on the internet about haulage actually has no clue whatsoever. EE truckers have always had tax-free night out money as their main subsistence. Always. In my last job as a driver I got paid €400 in wages. Plus €2000 in n/o money. €80 per day, every day regardless if driving or weekended. That was in 2016, it’s up to around €3000 a month net by now.

The whole of 2012 I drove for a Swedish company after subbying for three years. 400SEK daily wage, 700SEK daily night out money.

The money british drivers get paid is nothing to be envious of.

And you have to search really hard to find someone who gets paid pure mileage. Didn’t know of anyone who got that even back in 2016.

internetfan:

Mazzer2:

This wouldn’t surprise me as the Polish drivers I’ve spoken too are now complaining about Bulgarian and Romanian hauliers undercutting them by using even cheaper drivers on worse contracts.

Was worked in UK for about 2400-2800 per month.Now work for Eastern Europe companies.My earning 2100 euro per calendar month after tax for any hours,no magnet,one card,nobody push.Not big difference with money.Lithuanian company pay more,about 2400 euro per month.It is British ■■■■■■■■ who all Eastern Euro work for small money.