eddie stobart

Adonis.:

truckman020:
just watching an episode from 5 5 17,never understand H&S bxxxxxxt,driver tim fox is delivering woodchips he’s in the open,nothing above him and he’s wearing a hard hat,WHY,unless i’m missing something what the hell is going to hit his head,maybe a block of ice from a passing plane,a suicidal bird who don’t like eddie drivers,i can’t think of anything that would hit him on the head,as I said maybe i’m missing something

Stops the dust getting in your hair.

I had to wear a hard hat yesterday for the dangerous task of opening my curtains. How I’ve managed to avoid smashing my skull in the other 4 trillion times I’ve opened the things I’ll never know.

A.

i’m allright with the hair bit,i don’t have any,lol

Rowley010:

robroy:
Travis Perkins are the worst for it, the driver has to wear a hard hat, but everybody else in the yard is exempt.
Probably some insurance type crap idea.

Ha I was only at tp warrington yesterday. You know what it’s like, hazards on, told off for parking in the wrong place, high viz, hard hard, keys in, stop sign up.

Whilst tipping there’s a bloke from the office walking about round the trailers that are being loaded/tipped with canvas style pumps on his feet, and no hard hat. I was thinking then, how is he exempt from all the h&s ■■■■■■■■.

I would have asked why he wasn’t in ppe

I wouldn’t work in a walking floor or chip liner that’s been/being tipped without head protection, you don’t know what the masochist in the 360 dislodged when loading. Those ■■■■■■■■ are brutal!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

nsmith1180:
I wouldn’t work in a walking floor or chip liner that’s been/being tipped without head protection, you don’t know what the masochist in the 360 dislodged when loading. Those [zb] are brutal!

Even more so if said 360 operator is a sadist…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

nsmith1180:
I wouldn’t work in a walking floor or chip liner that’s been/being tipped without head protection, you don’t know what the masochist in the 360 dislodged when loading. Those [zb] are brutal!

Even more so if said 360 operator is a sadist…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

True

lolipop:
I used to deliver to a store in Luton Arndale the warehouseman always wore safety glasses.When I asked,out of curiousity,why he said he once had an accident sometime back which could have caused him a serious eye injury,so now he takes no chances. although he has never had another accident since.
All down to personal preference and Company H&S rules

A tyre fitter came out to me once and he did the job with no gloves, hi vis, ear defenders etc, but he did wear goggles as he lost an eye in the army so he is now very protective over the good one :sunglasses:

mrginge:

lolipop:
I used to deliver to a store in Luton Arndale the warehouseman always wore safety glasses.When I asked,out of curiousity,why he said he once had an accident sometime back which could have caused him a serious eye injury,so now he takes no chances. although he has never had another accident since.

A tyre fitter came out to me once and he did the job with no gloves, hi vis, ear defenders etc, but he did wear goggles as he lost an eye in the army so he is now very protective over the good one :sunglasses:

I got had a go at the other day for getting out of the cab before putting my HiVis on. The bloke wanted to know how one of this MHE drivers was going to see me stood by the truck without a Hi Vis jacket on. My response was that given that I was stood right next to the lorry with the door open, I shouldn’t be a risk too or at risk from MHE. After all, if they miss me the should see the 14ft tall, 8ft wide hunk of white metal I was stood right next too. Then I also pointed out that there was a reason my truck and my uniform were opposite colours, because a black shirted and trousered man would stand out a lot better against a white truck than almost anything else.

I think he got a bit confused because he walked away muttering and shaking his head.

mrginge:

lolipop:

Wonder if this guy you’re describing will start wearing ear defenders when he’s half deaf from workng next to a rattly noisy air pump? And start wearing gloves after catching metal splinters in one his hands?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

truckman020:

Rowley010:

robroy:
Travis Perkins are the worst for it, the driver has to wear a hard hat, but everybody else in the yard is exempt.

Ha I was only at tp warrington yesterday. You know what it’s like, hazards on, told off for parking in the wrong place, high viz, hard hard, keys in, stop sign up.

Whilst tipping there’s a bloke from the office walking about round the trailers that are being loaded/tipped with canvas style pumps on his feet, and no hard hat. I was thinking then, how is he exempt from all the h&s ■■■■■■■■.

I would have asked why he wasn’t in ppe

Working on the agency for a well known block and brick manufacturer a few years ago, I was delivering to a TP site, but the only thing was, artics couldn’t get into this particular yard as it was too small, so you had to tip outside, whereas the forkie would come and take your packs away.

So I jump up on the crane, and hadn’t got my arse on the seat, when Adolfs grandson came goose stepping over the yard and told me to put my hard hat on. When I politely reminded him of the fact I was sat 12 foot up in the air, and the likelyhood of a 747 landing on my head was remote, he got all H&S with me and started the company spiel. When he had finished the lecture, I reminded him further that I wasn’t actually in his yard, so not under TP rules, and tipping at the side of the Queens highway, whereas his forkie was taking them away from inside the gate where I put them. I then asked him to provide barriers for to block the footpath, and another person to marshal it in case of pedestrians, to which he soon scuttled off back to his bunker.

He did report me, but I told the TM the full story, and it went no further.

Ken.

Rowley010:

robroy:

Yep, XPO at Trafford Park last week. Wouldn’t let me on site because I was wearing shorts (I had hi-vis, toe tectors, hard hat). ‘But I’m not even getting out the cab’, I said.
‘policy’ says the security guy. So, I went out down the road to screw fix and bought myself a pair of hi viz pants.
Once on site, H&S is nowhere to be seen; no traffic lights on bays, no-one takes my keys, pallets and skips all over the place, the most uneven ground I’ve ever had to manouvre on, etc etc.
The H&S Nazis are all over the easy, low risk stuff, like a tramp on chips, but anything serious/expensive, they seem unable to see!

UKtramp:
If it is company policy and you fail to wear any item of the PPE, in the event of any accident your claim would be null & void.

This is what I love about H&S

And I know for a FACT this is CRAP !!!

YOUR CANT BE BLAMED FOR AN ACCIDENT THAT WASNT YOUR Fault !!!

Hi viz or NO hi viz.

I`ve got the bank balance to prove it!!!

Shandy123:

Rowley010:

robroy:

Yep, XPO at Trafford Park last week. Wouldn’t let me on site because I was wearing shorts (I had hi-vis, toe tectors, hard hat). ‘But I’m not even getting out the cab’, I said.
‘policy’ says the security guy. So, I went out down the road to screw fix and bought myself a pair of hi viz pants.
Once on site, H&S is nowhere to be seen; no traffic lights on bays, no-one takes my keys, pallets and skips all over the place, the most uneven ground I’ve ever had to manouvre on, etc etc.
The H&S Nazis are all over the easy, low risk stuff, like a tramp on chips, but anything serious/expensive, they seem unable to see!

Did you ask for a copy of the H&S policy■■? bet you didn`t

truckerjimbo:

UKtramp:
If it is company policy and you fail to wear any item of the PPE, in the event of any accident your claim would be null & void.

Hi viz or NO hi viz.

WOW calm yourself down you lunatic. I never said you can’t be blamed for an accident that wasn’t your fault, however if you had a head injury because you wasn’t wearing a hard hat, or get something in your eye because you were not wearing eye protection then how is it the fault of the company if they supplied you the PPE. It is your duty to wear any PPE that your supplied with. I also have no interest in your bank balance.

UKtramp:

truckerjimbo:

UKtramp:

Hi viz or NO hi viz.

WOW calm yourself down you lunatic. I never said you can’t be blamed for an accident that wasn’t your fault, however if you had a head injury because you wasn’t wearing a hard hat, or get something in your eye because you were not wearing eye protection then how is it the fault of the company if they supplied you the PPE. It is your duty to wear any PPE that your supplied with. I also have no interest in your bank balance.

PMSL :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I was crushed by a FLT. My company policy stated I must wear a Hi viz vest. The site where the accident took place had lots of “must
wear hi viz vest” signs.

My claim wasn`t “null & void”

The accident was deemed to be 100% FLT drivers fault. Simple.

And guess what ■■?

exceptional circumstances will always exist, plenty of cases where people have had claims counter claimed through negligence of not following company policy & not wearing supplied PPE. Your case is a different ball game and extreme being crushed by an FLT.

UKtramp:
exceptional circumstances will always exist, plenty of cases where people have had claims counter claimed through negligence of not following company policy & not wearing supplied PPE. Your case is a different ball game and extreme being crushed by an FLT.

if you say so. Just ask a good solicitor. I can recommended one. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

truckerjimbo:

UKtramp:

if you say so. Just ask a good solicitor. I can recommended one. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I do say so and no need for a good solicitor thanks. Your accident may have happened regardless of any PPE being worn. Totally different circumstance, it’s not your solicitor that’s any good. :unamused:

truckerjimbo:

UKtramp:

It must be a very good solicitor if it can explain away a bloke being too blind to see a 2t fork truck coming and too stupid to jump out of the way.

I smell a walking floor full of bull s**t.

nsmith1180:

truckerjimbo:

UKtramp:

It must be a very good solicitor if it can explain away a bloke being too blind to see a 2t fork truck coming and too stupid to jump out of the way.

I smell a walking floor full of bull s**t.

Nothing to explain really. The FLT was too blind to see me and crushed me. Simple really. It was a 5T FLT.

Jump where?? UP !!!

I smell the sweet smell of £££. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: