stobarts

as anybody else noticed stobart drivers have slowed down. at one time you coulnt catch em. now its like there falling asleep. is this a sign of disgruntled drivers. :confused:

passes out tin hats

dew:
passes out tin hats

Don’t I get any popcorn with my tinhat?

footprint:
. is this a sign of disgruntled drivers. :confused:

On the tellybox they all seem relatively gruntled.

footprint:
as anybody else noticed stobart drivers have slowed down. at one time you coulnt catch em. now its like there falling asleep. is this a sign of disgruntled drivers. :confused:

If this was yesterday, then it was probably me you passed, I rush for no man - plus the Scumia I was in was limited to 53mph, even other stobarts were passing me, sure they were laughing :imp:

I think there may have been a day of reckoning, the insurance must be brutal.
Hence the move to get you to become an owner driver, or franchisee as they call it.
You only have to watch some of those [zb] on â– â– â– â–  and Trailers to see that all you need these days to drive for Eddie Stobart Ltd. is a hole in your arse & the ability to walk unaided!!

footprint:

Welcome Home :grimacing:

stopstart247:
I think there may have been a day of reckoning, the insurance must be brutal.
Hence the move to get you to become an owner driver, or franchisee as they call it.
You only have to watch some of those w****rs on â– â– â– â–  and Trailers to see that all you need these days to drive for Eddie Stobart Ltd. is a hole in your arse & the ability to walk unaided!!

I don’t think you actually need to walk unaided as they will prise you into the cab and there you stay! :smiley: :smiley:
Reducing speed from 56+ish to 52/53 can show a significant fuel saving so perhaps they just want to reduce their fuel bill

ps: really good to see a Stobart thread :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

They will all be rushing about soon to get home for the next edition of â– â– â– â– â–  and twailers is it just a coincidence it was advertised in the middle of cowboy builders.

Saw one of them overtaking one of our trucks on the A5 by Rugby services on my way in this morning. So they may have slowed down but the ■■■■■ haven’t figured out the speed limit yet.

footprint:

t.o is now making the decisions on whether you can/cant put more fuel in for your run[i.e driver are told to not fuel up when they get back if 1/2 tank or over],so if youve half a tank when you start shift you have to ask for more,and THEY now make decision as to whether you can have more or not,mate asked for more,told he had enough,he did snodland,hoddeson, and had to put £10 worth in at thrapston services to get to corby[worked it out that would just get him there],then made them give him £10 out of petty cash,ive of late had collections changed but couldnt do them as not enough fuel to get to anywhere other than my alloted collection,this might be the reason your seeing fridges going slow as were really running on fumes at times,trying to just get back at times,my mate asked for fuel card when he got back the other day,they asked how much fuel he had,he said no idea,they said what does your gauge show driver,nothing its on the bottom of the red,so if you want a guess the tanks as good as empty :unamused: :unamused: ,im sure at times if i ran on the limiter id not make it from a-b-a etc,im knocking it off just to try and make sure i can get back,originally when this started we could ask for more fuel/card and wed get it,now its been taken out of our hands and if they say its enough ,its supposed to be enough,horrible feeling at times,that gauge dont half seem to drop quick below 1/4 of a tank :frowning: :frowning: ,it may not explain all going slow but it may explain why some are.

footprint:

also our gauranteed hours get dropped from 50 hrs -45 hrs from 4th march-30th june,maybe some have got there dates wrong and have slowed up already :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

footprint:

We’ve took our magnets off! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: the wires are off and the fuses are back in! :smiley: :laughing: :sunglasses: paid by the hour lads! :grimacing:

where you out of ady1 cos i was having a few pints at a christening on sunday with my mate who runs out of goole and he said 45 hours finish 3 march and they back to 50 and he said quite a few at goole had been on the 50mph since it was implemented

baxterlillie2717:
where you out of ady1 cos i was having a few pints at a christening on sunday with my mate who runs out of goole and he said 45 hours finish 3 march and they back to 50 and he said quite a few at goole had been on the 50mph since it was implemented

fridges,havent been on it last few months like alot have,but were now going on it from 4 th march-30th june+ they were also going to cut fuel bonus by 50% but i thinks reps would only agree to £1 per day cut,so its 45 hrs from march-june +£1 a day cut in f/b.
those in the know recon it will only apply to about 9 drivers out of 200 ish as most do over 50 hrs,but theres nothing in my opinion to stop them giving you short runs all week,or just telling you not to turn up when youve got to 45 hrs.
lets be honest if it was only going to apply to 9 drivers why do it in the first place,i think all the drivers who are sure it wont apply to them are in for a shock.i think eventually theyll be after a nil hours contract ,thats my gut feeling

The chipliner boys aren’t hanging about.
Had a couple go by me on the limiter on the A9 last week.

Andy smg:

I was coming down past the camera at killiekrankie, sitting at a steady flat out, backed it of slightly at the camera, and a traffic car pulled out and past me. Must have been sitting close behind because I never saw him and have no idea how long he’d been there. Can’t see a thing behind a loaded chipliner!! I was sure he was going to pull me, a I hadn’t been hanging around!

happysack:

Andy smg:

I was coming down past the camera at killiekrankie, sitting at a steady flat out, backed it of slightly at the camera, and a traffic car pulled out and past me. Must have been sitting close behind because I never saw him and have no idea how long he’d been there. Can’t see a thing behind a loaded chipliner!! I was sure he was going to pull me, a I hadn’t been hanging around!

Your biggest worry on the A9 is the mobile camera’s in the laybys. The traffic boys seem to give the HGV’s a little slack. Common sense on that road I suppose.

I started late Yesterday and noticed every second of our Trailer with a Stobard Unit.
had to ask the TM if it is out for a Job at stobby.He didnt answer :slight_smile:

ady1:
t.o is now making the decisions on whether you can/cant put more fuel in for your run[i.e driver are told to not fuel up when they get back if 1/2 tank or over],so if youve half a tank when you start shift you have to ask for more,and THEY now make decision as to whether you can have more or not,mate asked for more,told he had enough,he did snodland,hoddeson, and had to put £10 worth in at thrapston services to get to corby[worked it out that would just get him there],then made them give him £10 out of petty cash,ive of late had collections changed but couldnt do them as not enough fuel to get to anywhere other than my alloted collection,this might be the reason your seeing fridges going slow as were really running on fumes at times,trying to just get back at times,my mate asked for fuel card when he got back the other day,they asked how much fuel he had,he said no idea,they said what does your gauge show driver,nothing its on the bottom of the red,so if you want a guess the tanks as good as empty :unamused: :unamused: ,im sure at times if i ran on the limiter id not make it from a-b-a etc,im knocking it off just to try and make sure i can get back,originally when this started we could ask for more fuel/card and wed get it,now its been taken out of our hands and if they say its enough ,its supposed to be enough,horrible feeling at times,that gauge dont half seem to drop quick below 1/4 of a tank

:open_mouth: :laughing:

Hopefully the airlines aren’t doing the same thing.