stobarts

Andy smg:
The chipliner boys aren’t hanging about.
Had a couple go by me on the limiter on the A9 last week.

I was told that they get extra money for tipping, so they fly around.

Was asked to go to interview for that job last year, but I was on hols when they were interviewing, not sure I could do that job though tbh.

ady1:

footprint:
as anybody else noticed stobart drivers have slowed down. at one time you coulnt catch em. now its like there falling asleep. is this a sign of disgruntled drivers. :confused:

t.o is now making the decisions on whether you can/cant put more fuel in for your run[i.e driver are told to not fuel up when they get back if 1/2 tank or over],so if youve half a tank when you start shift you have to ask for more,and THEY now make decision as to whether you can have more or not,mate asked for more,told he had enough,he did snodland,hoddeson, and had to put £10 worth in at thrapston services to get to corby[worked it out that would just get him there],then made them give him £10 out of petty cash,ive of late had collections changed but couldnt do them as not enough fuel to get to anywhere other than my alloted collection,this might be the reason your seeing fridges going slow as were really running on fumes at times,trying to just get back at times,my mate asked for fuel card when he got back the other day,they asked how much fuel he had,he said no idea,they said what does your gauge show driver,nothing its on the bottom of the red,so if you want a guess the tanks as good as empty :unamused: :unamused: ,im sure at times if i ran on the limiter id not make it from a-b-a etc,im knocking it off just to try and make sure i can get back,originally when this started we could ask for more fuel/card and wed get it,now its been taken out of our hands and if they say its enough ,its supposed to be enough,horrible feeling at times,that gauge dont half seem to drop quick below 1/4 of a tank :frowning: :frowning: ,it may not explain all going slow but it may explain why some are.

Interesting. I think if I had to keep asking for fuel I would have a tendency to run out and watch them moan when they had to call someone out at considerable expense to bring some fuel to me.

I know I wouldnt be putting my hand in my pocket to pay for company equipment.

waynedl:

Andy smg:
The chipliner boys aren’t hanging about.
Had a couple go by me on the limiter on the A9 last week.

I was told that they get extra money for tipping, so they fly around.

Was asked to go to interview for that job last year, but I was on hols when they were interviewing, not sure I could do that job though tbh.

No extra for tipping, just get a fiver a day ‘dirty money’.
Don’t often have booking in times so you can work the job to get Ashraf of yourself for early finishes or better parking etc.

Asking a tm permission to fuel up? You know what the saving is on weight on half a tank of diesel in mpg terms? Well i dont know the exact figures but i bet its something along these lines 0.00000000000000001mpg. In a car it makes a massive difference but in a 44ton truck its nothing. What next asking drivers not to bring a bag with them or fining the fat ■■■■■ a fuel excess :laughing:

merc0447:
Asking a tm permission to fuel up? You know what the saving is on weight on half a tank of diesel in mpg terms? Well i dont know the exact figures but i bet its something along these lines 0.00000000000000001mpg. In a car it makes a massive difference but in a 44ton truck its nothing. What next asking drivers not to bring a bag with them or fining the fat [zb] a fuel excess :laughing:

I was baffled about this. Our only fuel related instruction is to fuel in depots as much as possible. Is it possible that somebody from adys depot has maybe been helping them selves to a little bit of derv, so now the office is monitoring each driver…sounds strange but he seems to have muppets in his office!

happysack:

merc0447:
Asking a tm permission to fuel up? You know what the saving is on weight on half a tank of diesel in mpg terms? Well i dont know the exact figures but i bet its something along these lines 0.00000000000000001mpg. In a car it makes a massive difference but in a 44ton truck its nothing. What next asking drivers not to bring a bag with them or fining the fat [zb] a fuel excess :laughing:

I was baffled about this. Our only fuel related instruction is to fuel in depots as much as possible. Is it possible that somebody from adys depot has maybe been helping them selves to a little bit of derv, so now the office is monitoring each driver…sounds strange but he seems to have muppets in his office!

Been on Stobarts twice this week and both times I’ve been asked to fill the tanks whenever possible, preferably as close back to the yard as possible without going out of the way, so Stoke usually.

merc0447:

its not actually to do with mpg so were now told,its to do with TIME saved by not fueling up,they say it was taking 10/15 mins for a driver to diesel up,by him not dieseling up when he gets back[leaves it with 1/2 tank] that truck is back out delivering the next load 10/15 mins earlier,but were now struggling to do all jobs requested as not enough fuel to get there,diverting across country to get fuel,walking round yard trying to find whos got diesel card[only now got one master were alowed to use],to be honest its a load of ■■■■■■■■ but they say the orders come from very high up so has to be adhered to,
im just suprised they havent tried to find a way of fueling on route[like planes] so the truck doesnt need to stop at all :unamused: :imp:

DadsRetired:

ady1:

footprint:
as anybody else noticed stobart drivers have slowed down. at one time you coulnt catch em. now its like there falling asleep. is this a sign of disgruntled drivers. :confused:

t.o is now making the decisions on whether you can/cant put more fuel in for your run[i.e driver are told to not fuel up when they get back if 1/2 tank or over],so if youve half a tank when you start shift you have to ask for more,and THEY now make decision as to whether you can have more or not,mate asked for more,told he had enough,he did snodland,hoddeson, and had to put £10 worth in at thrapston services to get to corby[worked it out that would just get him there],then made them give him £10 out of petty cash,ive of late had collections changed but couldnt do them as not enough fuel to get to anywhere other than my alloted collection,this might be the reason your seeing fridges going slow as were really running on fumes at times,trying to just get back at times,my mate asked for fuel card when he got back the other day,they asked how much fuel he had,he said no idea,they said what does your gauge show driver,nothing its on the bottom of the red,so if you want a guess the tanks as good as empty :unamused: :unamused: ,im sure at times if i ran on the limiter id not make it from a-b-a etc,im knocking it off just to try and make sure i can get back,originally when this started we could ask for more fuel/card and wed get it,now its been taken out of our hands and if they say its enough ,its supposed to be enough,horrible feeling at times,that gauge dont half seem to drop quick below 1/4 of a tank :frowning: :frowning: ,it may not explain all going slow but it may explain why some are.

Interesting. I think if I had to keep asking for fuel I would have a tendency to run out and watch them moan when they had to call someone out at considerable expense to bring some fuel to me.

I know I wouldnt be putting my hand in my pocket to pay for company equipment.

so im led to believe someone did run out or didnt have enough fuel to get to a garage/or somewhere to refuel,they had to send someone out with fuel ,there was a tri last week V.O.R because it had no fuel at one of my collection points,crazy,but it still continues,as i say its a horrible feeling looking at that gauge at times,never heard of this idea before

ady1:

merc0447:

its not actually to do with mpg so were now told,its to do with TIME saved by not fueling up,they say it was taking 10/15 mins for a driver to diesel up,by him not dieseling up when he gets back[leaves it with 1/2 tank] that truck is back out delivering the next load 10/15 mins earlier,but were now struggling to do all jobs requested as not enough fuel to get there,diverting across country to get fuel,walking round yard trying to find whos got diesel card[only now got one master were alowed to use],to be honest its a load of ■■■■■■■■ but they say the orders come from very high up so has to be adhered to,
im just suprised they havent tried to find a way of fueling on route[like planes] so the truck doesnt need to stop at all :unamused: :imp:

I want to be a spectator for that one! :laughing:

happysack:

merc0447:

were baffled by it as well,why your lot,green fleet etc come in yard and can fill tanks to brim and weve not,the answer is it comes from high up and we must adhere to it,as i say there saying it turns the truck round quicker[10 mins],in yard,well your logging off etc,next drivers checking it over,you get out,he gets in,its gone,t.o bod said there looking at the truck exiting yard 15 mins after its entered[15 mins being the check over time],thank god im going tramping :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
n.b i did suggest we maybe could change over in layby on A1 and save the time comming off the A1 and going into yard[irony],he said its certainly worth looking into :open_mouth: :unamused: [god help us]

merc0447:
What next asking drivers not to bring a bag with them or fining the fat [zb] a fuel excess :laughing:

That’s me buggered :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Another stobart idea to save money. Gotta keep the trucks rolling to pay for the agency drivers doing the ot runs. A mate of mine is in purfleet at the mo. Last Thursday he started at 1800 and went to britvic becton for a 1930 thurrock. Tipped by half 8, trailer change britvic chelmsford, trailer change britvic lutterworth for 0300 welham green. Got a bollocking for needing a break and getting to welham at 0330, tipped by 5, back to purfleet for an 0700 aldi chelmsford. Dropped trailer at chelmsford and ran out of time on the a13. Got told if he’d ran over his 4 & half instead of having a break at toddy he wouldn’t have needed picking up. Friday night they gave him chepstow with a reload bridgend when he only had a 9 hour drive left. He ran out of driving at clackett and they said you’ve got the duty just come back and write day man no night out gear on a print out. Tossers :unamused:

ady1:

footprint:

t.o is now making the decisions on whether you can/cant put more fuel in for your run

Corby not closing down soon? :unamused: t.o can’t make decisions that’s where you got off on the wrong foot! Lol :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

stopstart247:
You only have to watch some of those [zb] on ■■■■ and Trailers to see that all you need these days to drive for Eddie Stobart Ltd. is a hole in your arse & the ability to walk unaided!!

Tell us who you work for sock cooker give us a laugh! :grimacing: Cream cake haulage our kid? :smiley: easiest job in the world here, piece of cake! :sunglasses: lost constar contract last one Sunday night!040312! :unamused: :question: :bulb:
As for fuelling up I put £615 in at Swindon truckstop yesterday because some lazy git left half a tank! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Strike a light, some crap in this thread! :unamused:

What kind of “professional” driver runs over his hours because he has no night out gear?

If somebody told me to do that, they’d be - rightly - told where to go & I would be fetched in, by two blokes, one to drive the truck back & one to drive me back, this has happened to me plenty of times, hey ho, its part & parcel of this ■■■■ job, and its a ■■■■ job regardless of who you drive for these days alas!

I ALWAYS fill my tanks to the brim, on company instructions.

If I speed, which is a rare event, its to suit me, not them.

Who do I work for? Stobart. (Made redundant, taken back on 1 day later with continuation of service, thats quite another thread though!)

footprint:

i passed a tesco/sainsburys/morrisons/maritime wagon last night.
are they disgruntled as well? :laughing: :laughing: