Eddie Stobart

Why is it that eddie stobart get such a bashing ok some of the stars of there latest publicity stunt where ■■■■ but there kit is 1 st class i dont there wages are that bad and imm sure your alwys runnung straight so whats so bad abut that

i too don’t understand the bashing they get on here,i think we should start selling car stickers saying “i’m an eddie basher” and have a league table giving points to the “basher” that has abused or insulted the most eddie drivers. but when i pass my class1 i’m going to drive for them.

Hi every-one.
I’m new to this, and have never worked for Stobbarts. I know one guy who went there from an independant haulier, and he recons he’s better off due to the regular hours, regular money, nice wagons and safety of self and license due to the strictness. I shouldn’t immagine they get as much hassle off the authorities and public, because they have a positive company immage and on the whole, a lot of people like them. Like any driving job, if you turn up on time, don’t go sick, don’t break the law and don’t crash, you’ll probably get left alone.

Now the other side. Stobbarts looks to me like the Tesco of the haulage industry. Their sheer size lets them undercut independant hauliers and win contracts. They can probably afford to run at a very low profit or even a loss on some jobs in order to expand market share. Ok, business is business, but tell that to the shop-keeper who gets shut down by the big supermarket who can open a flash new shop just so they can colour in another bit of a map. And then there’s the whole shirt and tie and no smoking etc.

To me, a driver is a driver and we’re all out there trying to make a living. As long as we treat each other with courtesy and fairness, it doesn’t matter who we drive for. I drive to pay the mortgage and have some sort of a life as well. Some of stobarts’ lads and lasses might be living their dream in one of his trucks but that’s fair enough. They can have their dreams and I’ll have mine.
That’s enough philosophy for one night. Time to switch web sites and look at …some dreams.

danny-jones:
Now the other side. Stobbarts looks to me like the Tesco of the haulage industry. Their sheer size lets them undercut independant hauliers and win contracts. They can probably afford to run at a very low profit or even a loss on some jobs in order to expand market share. Ok, business is business, but tell that to the shop-keeper who gets shut down by the big supermarket who can open a flash new shop just so they can colour in another bit of a map…

There’s your answer in a nut-shell :exclamation: ( Allegedly )

bjd:
Why is it that eddie stobart get such a bashing ok some of the stars of there latest publicity stunt where ■■■■ but there kit is 1 st class i dont there wages are that bad and imm sure your alwys runnung straight so whats so bad abut that

Not what I was told recently by someone who worked there but he was agency so they can be treated differently from their own blokes. Yes he was a mate of mine but I’ve known him a few years and he’s not the BS type and it was what happened to him personally. :wink:

I think its down to the program it could have been done to do alot to help drivers but it was just used for stobart propagande.

44 Tonne Ton:

bjd:

Not what I was told recently by someone who worked there but he was agency so they can be treated differently from their own blokes. Yes he was a mate of mine but I’ve known him a few years and he’s not the BS type and it was what happened to him personally. :wink:

I’ve worked for them for over 3 years and have never run bent!!
The planners will plan occasionally over 15 hours!!! And that’s because most of them are ex burger flippers!! So I was told by a few old hands!! Well if your mate can’t say no then that’s not
Stobbies problem!!