eddie stobart

hello I ve just come across the TV program on tube tube called "eddie stobart trucks and trailers ". I m an ex psv/hgv driver from the uk back in the 1970 s and I cant believe how much the job has changed. I know there is a certain type of hype and glamour with these type programs we have the same in Canada such as “ice road truckers and highway through hell” but I wouldn’t care to work under that much pressure obviously its a young mans job .Do they pay OK?. Also I cant believe how big the company has grown must have taken over a lot of other companies… The company must be as big as BRS in its heyday .I think the planners might have a little more challenging job dealing with Canadian truckers.

That programme bears no resemblance to reality. Just something for Eddie spotters to ■■■■■■■■■■ over.

PaulNowak:
That programme bears no resemblance to reality. Just something for Eddie spotters to ■■■■■■■■■■ over.

:smiley:

It’s on a par with ‘Only Fools & Horses’,
Pure comedy gold !

" In tonights episode, Mark (not his real name) is collecting an urgent load for Bristol from the depot in Dagenham. He is booked in for 0700 next morning. He arrived in Dagenham at 1330. Will the warehouse be able to load him in time? Any delay could mean that he arrives late for his crucial delivery. "

"After waiting for 3 hours the tension is becoming unbearable. If he doesn’t get loaded soon, he may run out of time. Bristol may run out of soft drinks if he does not arrive on time. So Mark has decided to cook a meal, and is contemplating shutting his curtains. "

Don’t miss the next hilarious episode, where Mark (not his real name) reacts with total indifference, when he arrives late at his delivery tomorrow.

robinswh the reality of uk trucking is uk work is way easier than usa/canada to start with u get paid wether u rolling or not as for ice road truckers cannot watch it u would have to be brain dead for to actually watch this c…p :smiley:

stevejones:
robinswh the reality of uk trucking is uk work is way easier than usa/canada to start with u get paid wether u rolling or not as for ice road truckers cannot watch it u would have to be brain dead for to actually watch this c…p :smiley:

I recorded some of these ages ago and made other half watch it with me :blush: :grimacing:
Maybe I have no brain :laughing:

robinswh:
Do they pay OK?.

Not really. But not the worst, far from it.

robinswh:
hello I ve just come across the TV program on tube tube called "eddie stobart trucks and trailers ". I m an ex psv/hgv driver from the uk back in the 1970 s and I cant believe how much the job has changed. I know there is a certain type of hype and glamour with these type programs we have the same in Canada such as “ice road truckers and highway through hell” but I wouldn’t care to work under that much pressure obviously its a young mans job .Do they pay OK?. Also I cant believe how big the company has grown must have taken over a lot of other companies… The company must be as big as BRS in its heyday .I think the planners might have a little more challenging job dealing with Canadian truckers.

ITS BEEN ON CHANNEL 5 MATE ,WHERE YOU BIN

Don’t forgot the tricky blindside reverse…in a rigid :smiley:

PaulNowak:

+1

robinswh:
Do they pay OK?

Automotive did but that’s now been sold to BCA[emoji57]

villa:

robinswh:

ITS BEEN ON CHANNEL 5 MATE ,WHERE YOU BIN

Calgary Alberta Canada, since the 70’s

The range of these digital TV transmissions is greatly reduced in comparison to the old analogue signals so he might not get quite such a good reception over 4200 miles away :laughing:

I remember some Irish guy having to do an “epic” journey over to Blighty. Turned out to be 18 miles in Ireland and 17 miles over here. Hardly a TV event.

But the bit where Dixon had a hissy fit when all by himself, got stuck in some snow was comedy gold. Proper mard arse, demanded for the cameras to be switched off. Even told the film crew to dig him out. Knob

PaulNowak:
But the bit where Dixon had a hissy fit when all by himself, got stuck in some snow was comedy gold. Proper mard arse, demanded for the cameras to be switched off. Even told the film crew to dig him out. Knob

The one where he could have turned around at a roundabout but chose to carry on, funny as flip… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

xichrisxi:
Don’t forgot the tricky blindside reverse…in a rigid :smiley:

7.5t Atego

I used to deliver to the same bay in an 18 tonner

My daughter has just texted me back, apparently she seems to think that Dixon’s current motor is Olivia May, although she’s not certain. She follows him on Twitter Terwatter. She never asks where I am though!!!

I love ice road truckers .

Ive started videoing it.

Then i fast forward to Lisa bits .

Unarguably the worlds 3rd hottest totty .

Well I’m speechless… :open_mouth:

3rd hottest? Who the are 1 & 2…

boredwivdrivin:
I love ice road truckers .

Ive started videoing it.

Then i fast forward to Lisa bits .

Unarguably the worlds 3rd hottest totty .

+1
The wife has started to get suspicious that the moment I get back on the weekend I watch it on catch up, nice to take a break from driving in front of the telly though.
Calling her ‘Lisa’ during the vinegar stroke of coitus doesnt help matters.