Eddie Stobart to buy transport company for £50m

I nearly went to work for green group…maybe dodged a bullet there then [emoji57]

I saw two BJS(Doncaster) tractors pulling Stobart trailers yesterday on M62.

nomiS36:
I nearly went to work for green group…maybe dodged a bullet there then [emoji57]

Can’t see £50,000,000 in Osborne yet. Did he get the work out of the butty mine in Knotty Ash

“Green Group”? Is that anything to do with Philip Green of BHS fame? Buys the company for millions, nicks all the pension money then sells it for a quid…!!!

Stobart last years lost or don t want care on Britvic contract.Wincanton taked new truck,trailers,employed drivers and start do job with Downton .In the spring Stobart back to Britvic .Now Wincanton lost plenty million in this job and Britvic sign contract with Stobart.Wincanton do warehouse job but no more Wincanton truck in this job.All now by Stobart truck.

Andrejs:
Stobart last years lost or don t want care on Britvic contract.Wincanton taked new truck,trailers,employed drivers and start do job with Downton .In the spring Stobart back to Britvic .Now Wincanton lost plenty million in this job and Britvic sign contract with Stobart.Wincanton do warehouse job but no more Wincanton truck in this job.All now by Stobart truck.

why have wincanton.lost the transport :question: , when ever I did it , it seemed a very straight forward job ,

I understand the Britvic job was up to 150 deliveries per day,Wincanton was presumably trying to sub a lot of the loads like they did when they got involved with the brick industry,however the remaining private hauliers who actually have equipment of there own need in my opinion £3 per mile to justify the investment.I wonder if any of the Britvic work came close to this figure ?

dozy:

Andrejs:

why have wincanton.lost the transport :question: , when ever I did it , it seemed a very straight forward job ,

Just been there.No more Wincanton truck but Stobart have now base with some 20 truck with transport office and Esl staff.My friend was worked in office there and have choice-stay with Wincsnton but transfered to somewhere,transfered to to Stobart or go for any 4 side.Warehouse operation not affected now but when Britwic build new depo ar Rugby that i thing will some changes.

dozy:

Andrejs:

Wincantpn don t have so much return load .Plenty truck back empty,Stobsrt have less empty miles.

TPN - The Pallet Network

acd1202:
TPN - The Pallet Network

Yep, confirmed…

The operator confirmed today (28 June) that it had entered into an agreement to acquire the share capital of the pallet network

You need to be signed up to MotorTransport to read the full story > motortransport.co.uk/blog/2018/ … se-of-tpn/

Expect bridge strikes to double.

ezydriver:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I was just about to post the same. Will be carnage on the roads at night with the chumps they’ve got driving for them.

Rob K:

ezydriver:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I was just about to post the same. Will be carnage on the roads at night with the chumps they’ve got driving for them.

I thought all the TPN double decker trunking was local company franchises liveried up in TPN, afaik (or assumed) it’s only the actual hubs that are TPN staffed.

Marvelous…

TPN will just be a warehouse(s) and management… Interesting that they are described as a ‘competitor’. Wasn’t aware Stobart had any involvement with pallet networks…

Dinkies?

Guess they’ll be going after small companies that ship half a dozen pallets or less and try to plan it into any spare capacity they’ve got at the time and if not shove it through their pallet network. Or maybe there’s contracts that have a lot of full loads but need to overnight single pallets too and they want to go after those.

Reef:

Rob K:

ezydriver:

I thought all the TPN double decker trunking was local company franchises liveried up in TPN, afaik (or assumed) it’s only the actual hubs that are TPN staffed.

Actually it’s only the main hub in Birmingham that is TPN, the smaller regional hubs are also run by a local franchise member. I think that there could well be a few changes in how things are organised over the coming months, but could be totally wrong. I wonder what the local depots will say to repainting their double decks green when ESL may well be a competitor in other parts of their business.

Gardner6LYT:
I understand the Britvic job was up to 150 deliveries per day,Wincanton was presumably trying to sub a lot of the loads like they did when they got involved with the brick industry,however the remaining private hauliers who actually have equipment of there own need in my opinion £3 per mile to justify the investment.I wonder if any of the Britvic work came close to this figure ?

It can do, depends on the urgency of the load or the difficulty of the destination, but its achievable, especially in this weather :wink:

acd1202:

Reef:

Rob K:

ezydriver:

Actually it’s only the main hub in Birmingham that is TPN, the smaller regional hubs are also run by a local franchise member. I think that there could well be a few changes in how things are organised over the coming months, but could be totally wrong. I wonder what the local depots will say to repainting their double decks green when ESL may well be a competitor in other parts of their business.

I didn’t realise they’d moved from Rugby, I’ve just done a quick Google maps look and and it’s a Continental tyres rdc now… I’m getting old. :blush: