Stobarts have acquired Irlams!

Is there any stopping stobart group ltd. Looks like no companies safe from being swallowed up by stobarts I work for someone who subbies for stobarts at tesco middlewich, always have had plenty of Irlam`s in their. Lets face it theres been enough rumours about stobarts and irlams in the past!!!

Yes, just heard the same on the local Border news. A big business now.

SO long as they do not overstreach themselves
but what ever they (BOSSES) do it still requires
a work force of ““motivated workers”” to ensure that
the goods reach the customer ;who hopefully will
buyi the goods carried.

steady eddie’s official announcement

STOBART GROUP MAKES FIRST ACQUISITIONS

part of the article reads

The Stobart Group Limited (“Stobart”), the leading provider of multimodal transport and logistics solutions, has today announced its first acquisitions since listing on the stock market in September 2007. Stobart proposes to acquire James Irlam & Sons (“Irlam”) and two smaller acquisitions, alongside a placing and open offer of new Ordinary Shares.

who are the two smaller acquisitions :question:

jon

Probably DHL and Norbert Dentressangle :laughing: :laughing:

jonboy:

jon

Roadtransport.com

WA Developments and Carlisle Airport :question: thought they were already part of the Stobart group already :wink:

Denis F:

jonboy:

jon

Roadtransport.com

WA Developments and Carlisle Airport :question: thought they were already part of the Stobart group already :wink:

William Stobart and another guy owns WA and the airport, but I suppose if there a stobart involved there will be another Stobart a long in a minute :laughing:

The two smaller companies are the airport and WA developments. So Stobart is buying the companies from Tinkler and Stobart. In effect they are using the shareholders money to buy the companies from thereselves. This obviously means the two of them are well cashed up so if anything goes wrong they have already filled there boots. I usually think that when they start ducking and diving like this, particularly as the economy takes a turn for the worse it’s time to be careful.

whoo hoo :cry: It may be us next, but then again can’t be any worse… : :slight_smile:

" The enlarged company will have net assets of over £320m and employ more than 3,500 people across the UK. As a result of the acquisition, Stobart will operate more than 1,300 trucks and 2,300 trailers."

Wonder where that puts him in regard of being the the biggest european hauler ■■?

Fallmonk:
" The enlarged company will have net assets of over £320m and employ more than 3,500 people across the UK. As a result of the acquisition, Stobart will operate more than 1,300 trucks and 2,300 trailers."

Wonder where that puts him in regard of being the the biggest european hauler ■■?

Some time ago now,I heard that Willi Betz has over 6,000 trailers.

Westy:
Looks like no companies safe from being swallowed up by stobarts

unfortunately i think we might be - but just in case, eddie’s brother can feel free to PM me for my bank account details :laughing:

Fallmonk:

still well in the little leagues i’d imagine really

They may be growing but he’s not yet as big as companies such as TDG and Wincanton, They have 1000’s and 1000’s of vechicles

dhl must be biggest in this country…but i might be wrong

the bigger they are the harder they fall. :smiley: :smiley:

remember city transport :frowning: :frowning:

Some time ago now,I heard that Willi Betz has over 6,000 trailers

…and the difference you have there, Stobart is now owned by shareholders but Betz is still privately owned.

Is Betz still privately owned ?. By who, anyone know ?. I was once told that the Mr Betz was shot to death, is that true or just diesel talk ?.

The MD Thomas Betz, (I think) is on his way to spend some time contemplating his misguided bussiness ethics as he his going to prison for a stretch!!!