Who owns Stobarts

First im not Stobart bashing.
Just in our yard yesterday someone said he knew for a fact Tesco owned ‘65%’.
Then later on someone said he was in the know and it was something different.
Just out of interest does anyone really know?

LASHHGV:
First im not Stobart bashing.
Just in our yard yesterday someone said he knew for a fact Tesco owned ‘65%’.
Then later on someone said he was in the know and it was something different.
Just out of interest does anyone really know?

Its either the Mormons or the Jeehovahs witnesses ! :smiley:
Well, so i heard.

Its like a modern day myth :smiley:

i have heard it was bill gates and all the new wagons will have a media centre in them to keep the drivers entertained while on the tescos jobs! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i heard stobarts and irlams were brought together cus a member of each company got married…
also that way before the takeover took place, the chelwell drivers got the pasyslips one day and they were on stobart headed paper!!

all wrong im affraid, the company is actually owned by the old scottish couple who travel round the uk on the pretence that they are ‘eddie spotters’ if fact they are just keeping tabs on the drivers!. they made the money to buy the company off the back of selling morman bibles whilst out on the road!. there you go god’s honest truth as told from a driver at an rdc who knew them personally…well he knew a bloke who knew a bloke who went to school with the couples son’s tennis coach,… :slight_smile:

Stobart Group was formed through merger in September 2007, when the Company, previously named The Westbury Property Fund Limited, acquired Stobart Holdings Limited. On April 4, 2008, it acquired 100% of the voting rights of James Irlam & Sons Limited along with the business and assets of Irlam Storage LLP. On April 4, 2008, it acquired 100% of the voting rights of WA Developments Limited. In July 2008, the Company acquired the chilled and ambient goods operations of Innovate Logistics Limited, from its administrators BDO Stoy Hayward.

Stobart is a PLC and is owned by its shareholders.

Subsidiaries:

Eddie Stobart Ltd;
Eddie Stobart Group Ltd;
Stobart Holdings Ltd;
Marsh Maintenance Ltd;
Victa Westlink Rail Ltd;
AHC Westlink Ltd; AHC (Isle of Man) Ltd;
Stobart Properties Ltd; Westling Storage & Shipping Co Ltd;
WPL Ventures Ltd;
WPL Investments Ltd;
Endeavour Guernsey Ltd;
Westlink Group Ltd; Inhoco 3185 Ltd;
Westlink Holdings Ltd; O’Connor Properties Ltd;
O’Connor Container Storage Ltd;
O’Connor Container Transport Ltd;
O’Connor Group Management Ltd; Eddie Stobart Insurance Ltd;
Eddie Stobart Belgium NV;
Eddie Stobart Promotions Ltd

Eddie Stobart was bought out by WA Developments. WA Developments was owned by his brother William Stobart and Andrew Tinkler. WA Developments has since been renamed Stobart Rail and falls under the auspices of the Stobart Group, which lists it’s directors as Eddie Stobart, James Irlam, Stobart Ports, Stobart Properties and Stobart Rail. Confusing…!

The WA Developments manouvre was a way to get listed on the stock exchange cheaply

So Tesco has no money in it then

Who knows - they may own shares but nowhere near 65% - in fact they would have to declare 5%. I suspect it’s just a commercial arrangement.

Could be Tesco long term want to get out of the haulage and storage business and will contract out all their work. We may see DHL et al in there yet as they won’t want all their eggs in one basket.

Santa:
Stobart Group was formed through merger in September 2007, when the Company, previously named The Westbury Property Fund Limited, acquired Stobart Holdings Limited. On April 4, 2008, it acquired 100% of the voting rights of James Irlam & Sons Limited along with the business and assets of Irlam Storage LLP. On April 4, 2008, it acquired 100% of the voting rights of WA Developments Limited. In July 2008, the Company acquired the chilled and ambient goods operations of Innovate Logistics Limited, from its administrators BDO Stoy Hayward.

Stobart is a PLC and is owned by its shareholders.

Subsidiaries:

Eddie Stobart Ltd;
Eddie Stobart Group Ltd;
Stobart Holdings Ltd;
Marsh Maintenance Ltd;
Victa Westlink Rail Ltd;
AHC Westlink Ltd; AHC (Isle of Man) Ltd;
Stobart Properties Ltd; Westling Storage & Shipping Co Ltd;
WPL Ventures Ltd;
WPL Investments Ltd;
Endeavour Guernsey Ltd;
Westlink Group Ltd; Inhoco 3185 Ltd;
Westlink Holdings Ltd; O’Connor Properties Ltd;
O’Connor Container Storage Ltd;
O’Connor Container Transport Ltd;
O’Connor Group Management Ltd; Eddie Stobart Insurance Ltd;
Eddie Stobart Belgium NV;
Eddie Stobart Promotions Ltd

hey, don’t spoil all the myths by posting the actual truth :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

im afraid you are all wrong… i own stobarts and all the other big companys out there. thats why they are green to represent the irish

acceptme:
im afraid you are all wrong… i own stobarts and all the other big companys out there. thats why they are green to represent the irish

In that case can you put a v8 in my bag o■■■■■ 420 topliner and ill have the limiter off too please.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

ive no idea who owns stobarts but they must have deep pockets , since theyve took over every truck has to be checked in and out our depot , we run 24/7, so basically its a full time job for at least a couple of blokes , 60,000 per year just checking the trucks in and out for damage and cleanliness .with all the depots they have it must cost millions .
so much for theres no money in haluage :exclamation: :exclamation:

ady1:
so much for theres no money in haluage :exclamation: :exclamation:

(Maybe rumour again) - but I heard they make their money out of warehousing and storage and hardly make a profit at the haulage aspect

IF i owned Stobarts there’d be up roar. A fleet of red scanias all blinged up :laughing:

MR VAIN:
IF i owned Stobarts there’d be up roar. A fleet of red scanias all blinged up :laughing:

but could the afford all the wheel bearings■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Sorry Rob

Giblsa:

MR VAIN:

but could the afford all the wheel bearings■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Sorry Rob

OUCH! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Wounded :laughing:

It shocked me on friday when I went into Sunny Scunny to do a collection out of Innovate’s confectionary depot. I got confronted by a bloke wearing green and had Stobarts on the back of his shirt.

If, after talking to Innovates at Chesterfield, its true… Stobarts paid £1 for Innovates ambient.