is it true

i,ve been cheking a financial web site and read that waberers transport is going to bid for eddie stobart. is this true.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :confused: :confused:

browncow2:
i,ve been cheking a financial web site and read that waberers transport is going to bid for eddie stobbart. is this true.

stobart■■? :laughing:

browncow2:
i,ve been cheking a financial web site and read that waberers transport is going to bid for eddie stobbart. is this true.

HUNGAROCAMION :sunglasses: yes it’s true! :open_mouth: William hates living with the Cheshire set! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

what?

Can you post the link please, should be amusing!

Who?

I hope, its a joke. I do not wanna work for them, no way. Their drivers fork for a pittance. I HATE HUNGARIAN COMPANIES.

Fatboy slimslow:

browncow2:

HUNGAROCAMION :sunglasses: yes it’s true! :open_mouth: William hates living with the Cheshire set! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

No, the Hungarocamion is gone and this one has been made from a different, small Hungarian company.

browncow2:
i,ve been cheking a financial web site and read that waberers transport is going to bid for eddie stobart. is this true.

I doubt it, at least not all of it because Norbert Dingledangle owns 30% of Eddie. And Nobby doesn’t like selling at all.

Besides, isn’t Waberers buying Eddie kind of like the goldfish trying to eat the cat?

nsmith1180:

browncow2:

I doubt it, at least not all of it because Norbert Dingledangle owns 30% of Eddie. And Nobby doesn’t like selling at all.

Besides, isn’t Waberers buying Eddie kind of like the goldfish trying to eat the cat?

According to Waberers website they had 1430 trucks in 2004 and by 2007 that had risen to 2294. Quite what it is now I have no idea. I know that you see large numbers of them in all corners of Europe. Stobart on the other hand is only huge in Britain, has a bit in Ireland and practically nothing worth talking about in mainland Europe. I cant see this being serious, but at the same time Waberer are by no means a jonny quango eastern european outfit. They’re a large well experienced company that have fingers in many pies and descend from what used to be Hungarocamion, which has to be one of the most prestigious and respected companies of all time. They may possibly be smaller than Stobart (maybe not, I dont know) but they’re definetely no goldfish.

robinhood_1984:

nsmith1180:

browncow2:

According to Waberers website they had 1430 trucks in 2004 and by 2007 that had risen to 2294. Quite what it is now I have no idea. I know that you see large numbers of them in all corners of Europe. Stobart on the other hand is only huge in Britain, has a bit in Ireland and practically nothing worth talking about in mainland Europe. I cant see this being serious, but at the same time Waberer are by no means a jonny quango eastern european outfit. They’re a large well experienced company that have fingers in many pies and descend from what used to be Hungarocamion, which has to be one of the most prestigious and respected companies of all time. They may possibly be smaller than Stobart (maybe not, I dont know) but they’re definetely no goldfish.

OK, fair point. I dont do Euro work so I dont see the size of a lot of the foreign boys and didnt think of that, but even so, 2294 trucks is still quite small. ND had 1300 new Renaults last year, and we run ours for five years or half a milllion ks so thats got to mean a fleet of 4000+ units.

Also, dont know if its been said on here already, but ESL have bought out Autologic, so they just got bigger by the tune of about 200 +11s.

nsmith1180:

I might be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that Waberers is biggest haulier in Europe…

Wrong orys you pleb :exclamation:

Are warberers the blue and yellow ones with the t mobile logo on? If so I’ve been seeing more and more of them recently

Kevwall:
Are warberers the blue and yellow ones with the t mobile logo on? If so I’ve been seeing more and more of them recently

Yes, thats the ones. They’ve been expanding steadily over recent years with a lot of their trucks now on Romanian plates with cheaper Romanian drivers. A worrying trend in itself when a company from a country that is considered to be eastern European and a source of cheap transport and labour itself is then moving east for even cheaper drivers while operating more and more in and between western European countries. They’re heavily involved in the movement of car parts for example between the UK and other western European plants.

comet:
Wrong orys you pleb :exclamation:

Year ago they were sixth according to some sources, and third (after ND and WB) according to other. Here the source in English: industryeurope.net/ViewArtic … ?taid=4763

My mistake was that the article I read was saying it’s the biggest company in Central and East europe. Thank you for pointint it out, you peasant :slight_smile:

nsmith1180:

browncow2:

ahem… Norbert doesnt

Shareholders holding over 3% of shares
Invesco Asset Management 35.91%
M&G Investment Management 13.42
Directors 9.45%
AW Jenkinson 4.83%
Aviva Investors 3.62%
Legal & General Investment Management 3.41
Laxey Partners 3.38%
William Stobart 3.23%

Mr George Waberer owned and ran a small Budapest haulage company called Volan Tefu. He managed to buy out the Hungarian state transport company Hungarocamion, which was huge, in the same way that Willi Betz bought the Bulgarian state transport company he became huge too. Both companies could park Stobarts in the corner of their depots :laughing:

The nearest we have to compare is British Road Services which became DHL

Be careful what you wish for! :stuck_out_tongue:

Willi Betz has over 220 Car Transporters too, maybe George wants a bash at them

Pretty much immaterial, the labour legacy of stuffing the working class as they have the formans job at last ect. You think the poles hammered us, just wait for the onslaught of the gypsies.

Hope you have saved well, as minimum wage will be a cracking earner. :slight_smile: