Dutch marques: cab- and bodybuilders

Some additions…

1. Unknown who manaufactured both cab and body, but another DAF ( D50 diesel) from
    transportcompany Van Namen, at the canal in Eindhoven, 1950

2. Paul & van Weelde manufactured both cab and body for this 1600 from 1959

3. Koster of Oud-Sabbinge (Wolphaarstdijk) made the cab and cattle-body for this DAF (A50
    petrol) with serial-number 13, so an early chassis! The cab offered place to 6 persons, so the
    merchants for the cattle could travel to/from the market/auctions

DAF-50-vanNamen-1951.jpg

ERF-Continental:
An update

hey thanks, we bought them at Spillier Belgium, and they came in from Holland with sleeper and they looked the same as Daf’s own sleepercab from '61 on. Only they didn’t have lookers, maybe Daf bought that company, as Scania bought Bé Gé ■■?

Eric,

Most early DAF’s were ready for shipment to cab-manufacturers just as the attached picture shows!

DAF-chassis-1953.jpg

Last update, by no means complete …

Some input on BuCa (Buchten Carrosserie from Buchten) and Koster

KHD-Buca.jpg

Henschel-Buca.jpg

Hanomag-Henschel-Buca.jpg

FIAT-693T-Buca.jpg

Commer-Buca.jpg

Some input on ‘rare’ companies

1. Loeffen from Wijchen

2. Van Dijk from Lunteren

3. Bakker-v.d. Vorm (BAVO) from Schiedam

Bavo-1946.jpg

Van Dijk Lunteren.jpg

Loeffen-Wijchen-Kromhout.jpg

Loeffen-Wijchen-DAF.jpg

Here’s another unidentified cab, this time on an AEC:

AEC 4 Bugler.jpg
The windscreens resemble those on a Roset cab, but nothing else does.

ERF-Continental:
…Drawbar with sleeper (sort of semi-top) made by Paul & Van Weelde
from Nieuwerkerk a/d IJssel and this model is from 1964-1965…

They had lots of them:

Then they did the same with 2600s:

There are more photos of this fleet here:
zwntransport.nl/Nostalgie/Zu … nnamen.php

Here’s more of the work of Paul & van Weelde:
heynen-transport.magix.net/a … 9-6026654/

According to my shaky German translation, the cab was built on a bonnetted chassis. Given that, by the 1960s, Mercedes-Benz was building forward-control lorries as a matter of course, why bother to employ a coachbuilder to do a conversion?

Here’s another extended DAF:

Here’s an odd one:

Who built the cab on that, then?

Source:
flickr.com/photos/daf-2600/6898579104/

I for one never knew that Hondebrink used to make complete cabs :open_mouth: There just famous in my book because of the “popular” topsleeper conversions they used to make, does anybody got some pics of those?

Patrick

The Leegwater 6x4 (the roof-indicator shows there is a trailer) MAN is superb…me thinking of
the cab also being installed by a nothern body-maker…perhaps HEIWO (HEIda of WOlvega) but
in any case not a manufacturer that far from the home-base!

ERF-Continental:
The Leegwater 6x4 (the roof-indicator shows there is a trailer) MAN is superb…me thinking of
the cab also being installed by a nothern body-maker…perhaps HEIWO (HEIda of WOlvega) but
in any case not a manufacturer that far from the home-base!

There is a Heiwo badge superimposed over the photograph. I did not notice it, at first!

I do not recal HEIWO known as cabbuilder but as thermo

I wonder what this one is (from Enschede ‘all my troubles seem so far away…’ :laughing: ). Robert

getimage2.jpg

Robert…we keep it secret, as you would like to know if a ■■■■■■■ NTC335 and Fuller 9-speed
are installed…and though without Kysor, visor etc, you again would drive her to a M/E region?

robert1952:
I wonder what this one is (from Enschede ‘all my troubles seem so far away…’ :laughing: ). Robert

There is some information on that vehicle here:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=116938&start=30

@ A-J: yes, I’ll take it if it’s true!

@ Zb: thanks, I must have missed that one!

Robert

Dercks of Wijchen (close to Nijmegen where also Floor and Nooteboom were located) made some
nice realisations, this time a tanker-trailer with quite some resemblance to York and Stevens with
the holes in the chassis-frame