Dutch marques: Verheul

Soon to be released but feel free to input already

Verheul was wellknown for coach-bodies as well as trucks! From Waddinxveen, close to Gouda-The Hague,
many chassis were build and also for heavy transport.

Verheul-Waddinxveen.jpg

This top picture shows that very distinctive Dutch cab style reminiscent of the service buses in Holland of the period, and also of the DAF DKS and the ‘Juke Box’ DAF before that. Robert

L0010.jpg
6934537195_88f6a203a2.jpg

An other with sleeper cab.
[/URL]

If Verheul also built bodies for coaches, I guess that those lorries had the cabs built in-house. Am I right? If so, did Verheul build cabs on any other makers’ chassis?

michel:
An other with sleeper cab.
[/URL]

It looks more like a crew-cab than a sleeper cab. Robert :confused:

@Michel…thank you for your contribution!!! Never saw this one…

@Anorak (what is your name by the way?, I don’t think carryslow though :slight_smile:) Verheul, Hainje, Den Oudsten
were body-makers for busses and there is some matching with the lorries-cab

@Robert…indeed, the company was active in installations of garages, halls to be erected…

Mind right rear-door (opposite of course) for crew to have access…Holtrop of Assen had some for
their brick-transportations by road…Hulo of Pannerden with their magnificient cranes! Also Carlo
Pesci and later Kennis of Budel came to eat from the cake!

6674069805_0205be8d3e_z.jpg

Hi ERF was A.S. a derivative of Verhuel or a separate company altogether as I have seen a few pictures of them mostly 6x4 heavy haulage but also general haulage wagons
cheers Johnnie

Verheul made also cabs for Dutch AEC Moguls.

Johnnie (Sammyopposite)…Both A.S. and Verheul aimed on the more heavy part of the market.

A.S. and Verheul were separate companies, Verheul started begin 20th century and after a fire
in 1970 the production ceased. On the location of the factory later British Leyland opened offices
and workshop for Holland. Den Oudsten of Woerden (close to Waddinxveen and Gouda) took care
of the bus-divison of Verheul. Other coachbuilders (body) were BOVA, Berkhof now all VDL Group
and Hainje as well as Smit. Verheul was also importer for AEC, Thornycroft and BUT.

Hi ERF thank you for that information as I was unsure if they were different marques and I thought the A.S.was more a heavy haul motor
cheers Johnnie

Hey, H and S

Good tip tiptop! Found several on rotterdamstanktransport.nl

Some other/extra Verheul’s of Hempenius, later H&S

Verheul-H&S-5.jpg

Oeps, previous given picture was already given by tiptop495, sorry

Herewith another picture of the thoroughly restored Verheul T-5SHF from Den Hartogh.
The vehicle is from 1963 and had a 109hp diesel, probably Perkins…

I just found an advertisement of 1959 from “Dieselmotoren” by C.W. Stants M.S.A.E.

mv23p4.jpg

On the red drawbar outfit above, there are a couple of badges on the grille, similar to the one on this Verheul-bodied car:

riley-verheul-1950.jpg
The badges crop up on all sorts of Dutch vehicles- what are they?