German marques: various

To collect data, pictures, history of the German-market…this thread is ‘all’ about trailers, cabs,
bodies and special equipment.

To have a kick-off:

Ackerman-Fruehauf
Blumhardt
Culemeyer
Doll
FFH
Gofa
Goldhofer
Hermans
Kässbohrer
Kögel
Krone
Langendorf
Meiller
Meyerling
Scheuerle
Schmitz
Seag
Spitzer

First addition…

Graf

Luther
Mössbauer

Krupp! Robert :slight_smile:

2lx8pw.jpg

Mercedes in Swiss with typical front wheels and narrow axle.

All were correct that this thread also should contain the lorries and not only (what was intended)
cab- and bodybuilders!

To give it a bump here:

Borgward

Büssing

FAUN

Goliath

Gutbrod

Hanomag

Hanomag/Henschel

Henschel

Kaelble

Krauss Maffei

Krupp

Lloyd

Magirus Deutz

M.A.N.

Mercedes-Benz

Mowag

Opel

Südwerke

Tempo

Volkswagen

Autounion
DKW
Titan

Hanomag “Garant”

Both Krauss and Maffei were from origin builders of locomotives in southern Germany (München)
and inevitably Krauss was also known for their war-equipment (like Krupp and many others) but
since 1949 together also involved in lorries. Perhaps the first German twin-steer before the MB
LPS333?

In 1955 a twin-steer tractor was developped for the Deutsche Bundesbahn and 10 tractors were
produced. Power by a 170hp Daimler Benz. Also busses were in their range however sold to MAN
(very close to München) in 1965.

Krauss-Maffei-KMS302-1955.jpg

michel:
Mercedes in Swiss with typical front wheels and narrow axle.

Nice to see specific Swissair input with Krupp and MB! I have been told that
the so called artillery wheels (mot only trilex) where by law described hence
White and Mack had some advantages in Switzerland? Not sure if width also
was restrictie to 2.30metres that consequently.

Also Ford (Köln) and International Harvester (Heidelberg) should belong in the list?

Ford Koln.

International CO with Perkins engine built in Neuss-Heildelberg.

Brilliant picture…we all see some resemblance with the Bedford TK and the Ford D I guess?

ERF-Continental:
Brilliant picture…we all see some resemblance with the Bedford TK and the Ford D I guess?

Yes indeed! I wonder which came first. Robert

I am too! What I know is that International Harvester Company did had a factory in Neuss-Heidelberg
for their agricultural (McCormick) tractors and to compete with Ford Köln (previous with their lorries)
IHC also started with lorries.

Strüver and Staufen

Pictured in 1981 (at least 13 years of age then) on the yard of Van Steenbergen. They ran in total
about 15 Krupp’s and carried the complete parts-inventory when Krupp (Belgium) ceased in 1968.

Note: quite unclear you can see “Bafma” on the tilts bought from UK

ERF-Continental:
Pictured in 1981 (at least 13 years of age then) on the yard of Van Steenbergen. They ran in total
about 15 Krupp’s and carried the complete parts-inventory when Krupp (Belgium) ceased in 1968.

Note: quite unclear you can see “Bafma” on the tilts bought from UK

Nice Krupp pics from a good fleet, A-J. Here are some more pics of this handsome model. Robert

krupp.jpg
Krupp-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
ptabr.jpg
thumbify.jpg