Dual Purpose Vehicle with Trailer

They will go for export.

Riho:
They will go for export.

For hire or reward then?

Not too sure about that, as I buy them myself, then bring them back home, export them, and sell them only when they are in the country of destination.

So technically the vehicle is mine in time of transport and could be said that Im buying a second car. Not too sure if VOSA will believe that though :laughing:

It’s not in connection with your business yiur being paid to move the cars. So its hire and reward straight away you’ll need an olicence and tacho straight away

Riho:
Not to make new topic was looking to clarify the following.

If I have a 4x4 Isuzu Trooper, and a trailer Gross weight 2700kg and Im using it to carry my own cars, that I have bought from ebay, gumtree, etc.

Do I still need a tachograph as it is not for hire or reward, but rather for my own use?

If you read the Guide To Operator Licensing this mentions that the Traffic Commissioners appreciate there are some people have hobbies that may well raise some money, but that the money in turn simply funds the hobby. This is not a business and therefore no O licence needed.

So you buy a car £500. Do it up, sell it for £600 then buy another. You have another full time job perhaps, this helps demonstrate the vehicle buying is a hobby.

Might be worth read

Wildy:

Riho:
They will go for export.

For hire or reward then?[/quote

That’s not hire or reward as they are your cars after you’ve bought them, if you export them it makes no difference.

alix776:
It’s not in connection with your business yiur being paid to move the cars. So its hire and reward straight away you’ll need an olicence and tacho straight away

How is he being paid to move them if he’s bought them, tacho only no need for O licence

If you’re going to argue it’s a hobby make sure you’re not using motor trade or business insurance.

Riho:
They will go for export.

your not doing it for free so its reward.

iguana:
No need for o licence or dcpc, but does have to have tacho, for own goods use or hire & reward,

Your wrong. Use of a tacho is purely for commercial use. No requirement for any of the above. You do need a licence though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pickandmix:

iguana:
No need for o licence or dcpc, but does have to have tacho, for own goods use or hire & reward,

Your wrong. Use of a tacho is purely for commercial use. No requirement for any of the above. You do need a licence though lol

Own goods and hire and reward are both commercial.

Own Account Driver:

pickandmix:

iguana:

Own goods and hire and reward are both commercial.

i mean personal use