Du du dum dum dum Another one hits the bridge

What’s so difficult about being aware of your vehicle’s dimensions,recognising traffic information signs,or simply taking in information that your eyes tell you?

Rowley010:

AndrewG:
4m max height in the UK and it wouldnt happen, no need for anything to be over that height…

It doesn’t need a max height of 4m. It needs drivers to…

• not use car sat navs
  • read the road signs if you are using a car or truck sat nav
  • if using a truck sav make sure correct height is put in
  • know the height of the truck/trailer
  • set height indicator to that height
  • check all sat nav or google routes with a proper map showing bridge heights
  • don’t chance it just because someone else told you your 15 foot trailer would go under a 14’9 bridge.

With all the obver followed there is nothing wrong with high trailers.

In real terms it has ■■■■ all to do with sat navs broadly speaking mate.
Trucks and bridges were around LONG before sat navs were invented.

The Sat Nav does not drive the truck it’s the d/head who totally relies on it and takes it as gospel that ‘‘drives’’ it, so only HE is to blame…not the sat nav.

Some of us get by quite well using a car sat nav with a map back up, thank you.

If these guys who use these 300 quid all singing all dancing jobbies, still hit bridges when using them, then they are beyond help and should have their licences snipped in 2 pieces to protect themselves and every ■■■■ else around them. :bulb: :unamused:

robroy:

Rowley010:

AndrewG:
4m max height in the UK and it wouldnt happen, no need for anything to be over that height…

• not use car sat navs
  • don’t chance it just because someone else told you your 15 foot trailer would go under a 14’9 bridge.

In real terms it has [zb] all to do with sat navs broadly speaking mate.

The Sat Nav does not drive the truck it’s the d/head who totally relies on it and takes it as gospel that ‘‘drives’’ it, so only HE is to blame…not the sat nav.

If these guys who use these 300 quid all singing all dancing jobbies, still hit bridges when using them, then they are beyond help and should have their licences snipped in 2 pieces to protect themselves and every [zb] else around them. :bulb: :unamused:

Totally agree with you Rob. The driver looks ok though…

Quality driver.png

If these guys who use these 300 quid all singing all dancing jobbies, still hit bridges when up.sing them, then they are beyond help and should have their licences snipped in 2 pieces to protect themselves and every [zb] else around them. :bulb: :unamused:

I don’t know how we managed! Why don’t they just open their eyes and read the signs, certainly shouldn’t hold Vocational Licences.

There is no hope.

MickM

robroy:

Rowley010:

AndrewG:

• not use car sat navs

In real terms it has [zb] all to do with sat navs broadly speaking mate.

If these guys who use these 300 quid all singing all dancing jobbies, still hit bridges when using them, then they are beyond help and should have their licences snipped in 2 pieces to protect themselves and every [zb] else around them. :bulb: :unamused:

Oh yeah rob, totally agree and that is what I’m saying. I’d driving a truck with a car sat nav then back it up with a good atlas.

My whole point is regardless of what sat nav it is take nothing as gospel and don’t do everything it says.

Oh and know your height and READ THE FRICKIN SIGNS

All part of today’s h&s culture.

Once upon a time,morons were freely allowed to wipe themselves out…thus diluting the gene pool.
Now they are protected,and actively encouraged,especially in this industry.
If it weren’t for autoboxes and"truck navs"half these retards wouldn’t make it out of the yard.

commonrail:
If it weren’t for autoboxes and"truck navs"half these retards wouldn’t make it out of the yard.

^^^^^^
+1

robroy:

commonrail:

^^^^^^
+1

+2

I believe the driver measured the height of his trailer like that fatasafox

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

commonrail:
All part of today’s h&s culture.

Once upon a time,morons were freely allowed to wipe themselves out…thus diluting the gene pool.
Now they are protected,and actively encouraged,especially in this industry.

Is that thw drivers fault though? Or the fact that your allowed to gain your full licence in an auto and because of this many training providers teach you in an auto. I learnt in a manual but I know many don’t!

If you’re a moron…you’re moron.
Some ■■■■ came up to me the other day and informed me that the fine for using a car sat nav in a truck,would be far higher than the price of an all singing all dancing truck nav.
I’m driving a flat bed ffs :unamused:

I agree with robroy, a lot of us been driving lorries long before satnavs been invented. I pull 16’.3 trailers most of the while without hitting anything.
If you make a mistake and start to go down a road with a low bridge, you can always either reverse back or turn around, and yes I have been called a w&%ker a few times by car drivers, I just smile and agree. Why do drivers keep going past the signs and try & fit the trailer under the bridge is beyond me.

Think the police should make them go to specsavers cos the signs are big enough to read! there is no excuse

nomiS36:

robroy:

commonrail:

^^^^^^
+1

+2

+3. there’s a bridge in Plymouth area that has been hit THREE times by drivers from our operation.the last one just a few weeks ago,and the steering wheel attendant parked up for the night waiting for the store to open.well it rained all night and ruined half the goods on board :frowning: :laughing:

You’d think it would be easy to relate “Don’t hit the low bridge in bridgtown” - but that’s among us mere mortal local folk I guess.]

Meanwhile, Truck - on it’s side.
Bridge - Not a scratch even in the paintwork.
Cost to “pass bridge as fit” - Over £100k?

We’re in the wrong job!.

yourhavingalarf:

carryfast-yeti:
some clown ‘driving’ a Wilko’s decker crashed into a rail bridge in Pompey yesterday :open_mouth:

Marked as 15’ 9"…

So let’s have a go with a 16 footer.

portsmouth.co.uk/news/lorry- … -1-8148439

Yeh… He kinda has given that trailer a “Haircut” looking at the debris there. That kid on the side looks as surprised as the driver! :unamused:

truckyboy:
Its getting beyond a joke now, and more bigger sentencing is needed…it wont stop it, but will slow it down…ha ha
maybe the answer is to compulsory sign trailers…put bridge heights way before you get to them…with turning points, and maybe a big sign saying `If you go past this sign higher than this ( insert height limit ) its gonna cost you £500 minimum…something on those lines…and also limit trailer heights to 4M…or special routes for double deckers…can anyone draw any other conclusions:

Alas, even big signs of the very type you suggest there - don’t seem to work.

Another one i witnessed on Wednesday…

Romiley, Stockport

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … k-13614674

Alfa1M:
Another one i witnessed on Wednesday…

Romiley, Stockport

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … k-13614674

Thats forked it!!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

It’s like the 15ft bridge just off the M69 towards Hinkley even got flashing signs and places to spin round,
But have a go heroes think its clever to get stuck retards.