Driving to Milan

Glad it went well. Karma for the guy behind at the tunnel entrance! As Muckles says, relax, with more time and less worries on the return trip the scenery should be even better! The trouble is, a cloudy day up there is cold and miserable. The A40 is a great piece of road engineering. Coming down from the tunnel youll notice the corner called the "Wall of Death". Its obvious when you see it. Looking across from there is the “Ski Slope” you have just gone up.

Off till 7am Monday unable to park at the exhibition hall as police charge you. Had to park 4.5 miles away on an industrial estate. Out here for two weeks now building standby and travel back. Hopefully home a week on Friday/ Saturday. Site seeing next weekend.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

When weekended in Milan I used to use a bar called the Racana pub on Via Sanio. One of the owners was an English lady. It is a great bar and as far as I know it is still there. As a bonus it used to be frequented by quite a lot of British nannies, Au pairs, nurses etc! :smiley: :smiley: :blush: Definitely worth a visit. :wink:

bullitt:
When weekended in Milan I used to use a bar called the Racana pub on Via Sanio. One of the owners was an English lady. It is a great bar and as far as I know it is still there. As a bonus it used to be frequented by quite a lot of British nannies, Au pairs, nurses etc! :smiley: :smiley: :blush: Definitely worth a visit. :wink:

I don’t know you’re in a City steeped in history, architecture and culture and all you want to do is drink beer and find totty. :laughing:

muckles:
…I don’t know you’re in a City steeped in history, architecture and culture and all you want to do is drink beer and find totty. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: Generally yes!! :laughing: Although I did get taken out and about a few times, The Duomo, the Central square and a place that had something to with Leonardo De Vinci that escapes me now! Then it was back to the bar and then, and…well, you know. :wink:

No doubt you may have some ladies of the day standing by the road, or the industrial areas .
They do not wear much in the summer, a bikini or just underwear.
In the winter, they make bonfires or use an oil drum with a fire in it to keep warm .
Most are Russians or Eastern European and some Ukrainians .
One of the tunnels has a glacier, amazing to look at, shiny blue and a frozen waterfall .
The pizza in Italy is nothing like the rubbish in the UK, five litre jug of red wine to wash it down with .
If car hire is available, tour the lakes, George Clooney lives by one of them .
The local council fine tourists who get too close to his property to be nosey, he has an exclusion zone for boats .

Toby…‘The No Nonsense Tour Guide’ :smiley:

toby1234abc:
If stopping at Aosta, you will see the truckstop from the toll motorway, to walk to the centre of Aosta will take about half an hour, then look for the cable lift to the top of the mountains .
It’s possible to walk to the mountain top on a twisty road.
In Aosta there are Roman ruins and a leisure centre with a pool .
Headlights on in the daytime is one of Italy’s laws .
Watch out for slow agricultural machinery on rural roads .
Milan at commuting time can be tedious and slow .

if go from France to Italy and stop at services(Carefour supermarket).How can get via motorway to Aosta to cable lift.?Or what best place to park truck and go to Aoosta cable lifting.

If coming in to Italy from leaving France, to park the truck in Aosta, you will see the leisure centre buildings with the swimming pool.
Exit at any motorway junction and park near the leisure centre .
Then walk to the cable lift , there is coach parking there, not sure about lorry parking by the cable lift .
Or park in truck stop on motorway, there: is a long walk next to the river, it goes past a prison, which was not pleasant as the inmates shout out of their windows .

toby1234abc:
If coming in to Italy from leaving France, to park the truck in Aosta, you will see the leisure centre buildings with the swimming pool.
Exit at any motorway junction and park near the leisure centre .
Then walk to the cable lift , there is coach parking there, not sure about lorry parking by the cable lift .
Or park in truck stop on motorway, there: is a long walk next to the river, it goes past a prison, which was not pleasant as the inmates shout out of their windows .

Thank you.I ready haveplan for this.First thinking call to taxi but my Italian language…If you been in cable lift that what is best time for relax now or wait till will be all green.How many hours taked all this?