ITALY - MILAN

I have a question been out of work (redundant) after 16 yrs and a reputable company asked me for an interview here is what they asked me to do .Set of Wednesday Leeds 11am 3 drops Milan and a collection by Friday 5pm calling on the way to Lux for fuel . Be back Tuesday pm on the way back fuel again in Lux and to do 2 drops Rainham and Blackburn and finish in Leeds. Told them to stuff it was I right. Thks

Depends on how much you wanted the work. It’s achievable but no time for poncing around and dragging it out like most would do.

So you trans Swiss?

Want work desperately but not willing to break the law every . had to go through the tunnel M Blanc , This I thought was a good company

FREDERICK:
Want work desperately but not willing to break the law every . had to go through the tunnel M Blanc , This I thought was a good company

Thats over 200 miles extra on the round trip?

I know and then he said we will let you use the tolls until you get used to it at that point I said no thanks

Very do-able but 90 in a fortnight would be the problem for doing it every week…

Lrm…

FREDERICK:
I have a question been out of work (redundant) after 16 yrs and a reputable company asked me for an interview here is what they asked me to do .Set of Wednesday Leeds 11am 3 drops Milan and a collection by Friday 5pm calling on the way to Lux for fuel . Be back Tuesday pm on the way back fuel again in Lux and to do 2 drops Rainham and Blackburn and finish in Leeds. Told them to stuff it was I right. Thks

You’ve been looking for a while we all know that so why not give it a whirl ,!!

What have you got to lose ?

Sounds doAble to me to

Quite a few go via lux now
Then down to blanc

No time as said for tossing it off but end of day your paid to work not party

Which way did they want you to ship over? It’s doable to to get to Zeebrugge for an overnight boat Sunday for a Monday morning UK tip.

Leave Leeds at 11am down to Dover on Wednesday

Still doable via calais
As long as sat back into lux can run sunday
Home for monday

Going down a doddle leave leeds
11am down to dover

Be in belgium that night 9 off

Next night be down nr blanc a40 somewhere

Friday deliver collect and allow some time
For this say get back to carisio/aosta

Saturday lux border
Sunday night in rainham easy shift
Tip mon morning upto blackburn
Hopefully tip thst and home monday night

I agree, do able. Two days down, drops and collections on Friday then run back. Dont see where they are asking you to break the law. They probably do exactly the same every week, breaking the law would probably be too much of a risk. Problem is too many drivers (not judging you) think Europe involves stopping for coffee every two hours and 12 hours off a night. Its not like that anymore.

Worse case you didnt get out of france saturday 24 off
Still doable by tuesday night

That’s well do able!!!
I used to do that every week, Fuel in Lux both ways. the only thing that can go wrong is the unloading in italy.
(enough said)
Also done the same run through france except throught through Frejus tunnel. Mont blanc to thirsty for my old firm.
Euro land is nothing like UK driving 700 Kms everyday in under 9Hrs. (once you have got your route sorted and know where your parking up at night)

I Never run bent and never will.

bald bloke:

FREDERICK:

You’ve been looking for a while we all know that so why not give it a whirl ,!!

What have you got to lose ?

Not wishing to be critical of the OP but if he did it for a week and didn’t get on, for whatever reason, no harm done - and a weeks work.

FREDERICK:
…we will let you use the tolls until you get used to it…

Ok, so its been along time since I was running around Europe, and whilst I agree that it is do-able, would the above statement make a lot of difference? From what I have read the French are trying to keep trucks off the Nationals, surely there would be little (if anything) to be gained by running the Nationals now-a-days? If anything will eat your time up, it will be running the Nationals, through and around towns and villages, avoiding weight limits etc,

We’ve tried both. Straight down the middle and going via Luxembourg. It makes no difference to the overall cost of the trip.
Is it viamaster?

limeyphil:
We’ve tried both. Straight down the middle and going via Luxembourg. It makes no difference to the overall cost of the trip.
Is it viamaster?

What about difference in time taken?