ITALY - MILAN

Is about 2 hrs longer bit more if hit lux at wrongfime

Have used it when ban on in france
Would say if filling with 1000ltrs plus would be cheaper overall

But 4 hrs roundtrip more at least

Personally i go calais reims
Then st diz and down towards langres
Knocks some toll off and good road
If not in major rush come off nr langres run national towards dijon then motorway
To blanc

gettin-on:
Is about 2 hrs longer bit more if hit lux at wrongfime

Have used it when ban on in france
Would say if filling with 1000ltrs plus would be cheaper overall

But 4 hrs roundtrip more at least

Personally i go calais reims
Then st diz and down towards langres
Knocks some toll off and good road
If not in major rush come off nr langres run national towards dijon then motorway
To blanc

That’s the way I would go - easy life and save two hours.

harry:

limeyphil:
We’ve tried both. Straight down the middle and going via Luxembourg. It makes no difference to the overall cost of the trip.
Is it viamaster?

What about difference in time taken?

That is a problem. You lose far too much time. A load that would normally tip Monday, would tip Tuesday. Imagine the losses over a year.

Phil I would say opposite
If finished loading fir night in Milan and got back to carisio or aosta
Then a shift sat would see you into lux
Sunday into uk park at drop
Or if north do last bit Monday morning

Other way in France Sunday 24 off
So either a night shift to get there of south uk
Or Tuesday morning delivery

In that case and like op first card on the weds
Lux would be quicker coming home

So France down - Lux back?

Only in scenario like op
Starting on a weds fresh 6 cards
Would save a day being parked in France so could keep running on a Sunday
And to make it cost effective aswell max fuel in lux
During week unless above scenario or bank Hol I do France in reverse to what i put earlier

The free French Nationals are a waste of time and fuel, you get the agricultural traffic from slow tractors to large harvester machines.
Also, there are numerous roundabouts that effect the load and wear out the tyres, then you get more tired on these roads.
The positive issues are lots of places to park up for meal breaks and over nighting.
The next issue is the tourist season is kicking in soon with the Easter break and Summer not too far away, and these roads get very busy, as every man and his dog and wobbly box will be using them.
The toll motorway will be a smooth and quiet ride due to the design of the porous structure in the tarmac road surface, you get this floating effect while driving.
They have aire de repos or rest areas every 20 to 30 kms, free parking with picnic areas in a forest, they are built away from the road and are very quiet to sleep in.
In Italy, the road signs in rural areas and towns do not make sense, the chance of getting lost and ending up on a weight limit road is high,
or get the truck stuck in a village with low over hanging balconies, most are too narrow to get a trailer around, and you may get stuck with no space to turn around.

I can say the subbies for via master come via lux and namur, charlois, mons and lille and don’t hang about.

they know exactly what they are doing and have it worked out to the minute so would have no problem pointing you in the right direction.

I agree with the comments european drivers still have to much off the coffee in the routiers rather than " cracking on with the job ".

It was not Viamaster it was Archb----