Routes to milan

Ive got to go to milan on tuesday in renault master van towing twin axle trailer overall length approx 8 or 9 meters.
I’m thinking swiss way but heard big traffic delays at gotthard tunnel.
Any advice on restrictions etc.
Thinking peages through france and mont blanc might be quicker.
Havent been this way for years.

I’ve been near there in me car and if I remember right I went down to Dijon, Pontarlier, Lausanne, Sion then over the Simplon Pass and then it’s all downhill and flat to Milan.

For France,you will need to wear a hiviz vest if stood in the road for breakdowns and two warning triangles.
One in front of the vehicle,one behind.
Any Satnav that can detect speed traps and radar is now illegal.They can seize the vehicle or issue a hefty court deposit on the road side.In bad weather,the speed limits are lowered on the toll roads.
In Italy,headlghts on in the day time.
I would go via Lyon to Chambery to Italy.
If using Mount Blanc or Frejus tunnels,adhere to the speed limit in the tunnels.Radar inside the tunnels.
For transiting Switzerland,a Vignete is needed.
The free national roads are slower.Toll roads save fuel.
Plenty of free parking all over Europe.
In France,eat in the Rouitiers.Set price meals.
Only take original vehicle documents.No photocopies.

Been a while but used to do it regular, gave up on Swiss and went france, mont blanc.
Calais.
Reims.
Troyes.
Dijon.
Bourg en bresse.
Mont blanc.
Ivera.
Novara.
Milan.

In our van & trailer I go Reims A26-a31-Dole a39-Geneve a40-Monte Bianco-Milano…8hrs to hotel we use nr archamps from Calais…

Thanks for all the info just one more query would this be classed as class 4 on french motorways because i think it will be over 3.5 ton.

We go regular with a van and its Lyons, Chamberay, Frejus every time.