Driver car parking @ Stena Birkenhead

JON LAD:
Yeah thats it off. Fb… Shippin tractor n trl with first load on Sat sailing
So i be good to go Sunday… Uk bulker haulage

Sending a Volvo im told…not sure if its a Fh4…or Fh13…

Got plenty of work from what ive seen/read

Defective bulb?
Send it back for the workshop to fix.

[emoji2]

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Got photos of truck - arriving Sat teatime boat----- im chuffed its a Volvo FH4-- not a bad yoke!

1st load of peat from Ireland to Doncaster for Mon 7am :slight_smile:

Let the work begin---- keep on trucking!!! :slight_smile:

Have fun, and don’t get too close to the edge of the road if you’re tipping at Thorne :smiley:

TheUncaringCowboy:

cav551:
Have I got this right, your employer wants you to drive your car to the port to pick up the lorry and leave your car there for the week, rather than report to the yard for him to arrange how to get you to the port? That will all be ‘other work’ on the tacho as well.

Are you actually for real? The port obviously is the yard in this instance.

When you drive to the shops do you record that as other work? What about cutting the grass or doing the dishes?

Edit:-

By your logic he should drive from home to the port, get the boat over, drive to the yard then get his employer to work out how to get him to the port (back on the original side of the water), to pick up the truck.

Genius.

The port is not his permanent place of work, so yes he is at work as soon as he walks out of his front door. Also his car has to be insured for business use for the trip to the port.

zaax:
The port is not his permanent place of work, so yes he is at work as soon as he walks out of his front door. Also his car has to be insured for business use for the trip to the port.

Wrong.

Morning

Well got myself to port… Got kit in truck… Left my car at Stena car park with Long Stay
A4 parking permit from freight office in windscreen… Lots of cars with the same long stay notice in window… Lots of solo units parked up on access rd… So yes it looks like
It is a Yard of multi users.!

Tractor is ok order… 2014. FH4… Got couple of small jobs need doing… Needed quick
Cab wipe round with the parazone wipes… Quick blast of air freshner… Job done

One job required is new curtain clips on drivers curtain… Half are broke and dont sit in
the rail… Will get some from J29 today and fuel when tipped at Thorne

Have a good week guys n gals…!