Stena Line Cairnryan ferry parking?

Hi all, again.

Basically. I’m on lowestoft tonight, heading to Peterborough services for a 45 hour break then heading straight to the stenaline cairnryan ferry port to get to Belfast.

Google maps doesn’t have a picture of the port as I’m guessing it’s a relatively recent build? Has anyone here used it and is there anywhere there or nearby to park up for a 9?

My schedule kinda looks like this.

Arrive at Peterborough services approx 3am (early hours tomorrow/Saturday)
Leave after 45 hours rest at 00:01 crack of Monday, drive straight to cairnryan.
Get 9 hour reduced, ferry check in 6pm.

I just need to know if I can park at or inside the port, or if somewhere is really nearby as I’m gonna be tight on time.

Also, any helpful tips for a first trip to N Ireland & ROI much appreciated

Thanks, no bickering now!

Not really sure if you are allowed to park up in the port. But I would say you’d be better heading to the big sea front car park in Market St, Stranraer. Lorries allowed to park there and its 2 mins from chippies, pubs, shops etc.

Not sure of the Cairnryan bit Hammy but I can recommend a better place in Peterboghorror to park for the weekend. Pubs and food outlets within a 5 min walk, no facilities though (shower etc) if you wanna know then PM me (don’t want my spot spooling you see :smiley: ).

damoq:
Not really sure if you are allowed to park up in the port. But I would say you’d be better heading to the big sea front car park in Market St, Stranraer. Lorries allowed to park there and its 2 mins from chippies, pubs, shops etc.

Thanks I’ll have a look at that.

I’ve parked in the port its not a problem - Check in with Stena and just let them know that you need to take a 9. Just past the check in there are quite a few Manfreight units parked up and they will generally let you park there. If not you can simply go further up the road and there are a few lay-bys to park in.

As for advice for Ireland - Well there’s nothing to know really. Just enjoy your trip and also enjoy Ireland. Its a great country North and South.

9hrs is a long time in Stena Cairnryan unless you need a shower or good kip but noisey :exclamation: :exclamation:

Best go down into Stranraer and park in 2nd carpark along road to right (as boyracer brigade hang about the 1st one :exclamation: :exclamation: :imp: ) past old abandoned Stena quay
(which is locked up :neutral_face: )
I can easily get the full artic yoke parked on Wed nights and handy dander to pubs/grub etc plus VERY quiet plus 10/15mins drive up A77 north to Stena Cairnryan :wink:

Big Truck:
9hrs is a long time in Stena Cairnryan unless you need a shower or good kip but noisey :exclamation: :exclamation:

Best go down into Stranraer and park in 2nd carpark along road to right (as boyracer brigade hang about the 1st one :exclamation: :exclamation: :imp: ) past old abandoned Stena quay
(which is locked up :neutral_face: )
I can easily get the full artic yoke parked on Wed nights and handy dander to pubs/grub etc plus VERY quiet plus 10/15mins drive up A77 north to Stena Cairnryan :wink:

+1…thats the best advice…do not go past the stena ferryport roundabout at cairnryan as theres nowhere to turn for miles,stop in stranraer.