Containers out of Liverpool

Does anybody do/has done the above work out of Liverpool’s container terminals? looks like my firm might be starting to collect containers out of there for one of our customers.

Anything of note? I’m guessing it’ll mean another card/induction type. Anywhere close to park that’s safe? Or any yards local that you can park in?

Or anything else of note?

Tia

You gotta pay about £20 for a card that all drivers must have to get into the container port [emoji2369] bloody scousers [emoji1787] if early enough I go to Skem truckstop, if I get stitched up then it’s into Lymm [emoji26] Regent road is always spoken about for free parking but we’d get 10 lashes with the cane if found parked on the roadside [emoji1787] it does get busy like all the other big uk ports but the queuing system they use is um interesting [emoji106] the 1st time you go in head for the container terminal but stay to the left and tell they guy in the booth you need to goto customer service to get a card, then head towards TA1 and park on the left behind the trucks and walk to the office. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Concretejim:
Does anybody do/has done the above work out of Liverpool’s container terminals? looks like my firm might be starting to collect containers out of there for one of our customers.

Anything of note? I’m guessing it’ll mean another card/induction type. Anywhere close to park that’s safe? Or any yards local that you can park in?

Or anything else of note?

Tia

be very aware of port police, make sure your tacho is in order, if parking up i used to park on Atlantic street or surrounding streets when i was working out of Ireland … a short walk to Asda or go past the strand shopping centre and weatherspoons is just around the corner… the briar rose i think

Take a thick book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P.M’d you Jim

Thanks for the replies.

What’s the turnaround times generally like? Or is it hit and miss.

Anything from 5 minutes to 5hrs !

The queing system for the loading bays takes a bit of getting used to

Jim, as stated, you will need a card, and it is about 20quid. Apply on site. Container control will take your pic and your money.
VOSA hang around the gate, and you can be pulled for check once on the terminal by port authorities…what fun eh.
There is a fuel facility by the entrance, but few places to park and take a break.
You will need your VBS details logging beforehand, and you will be given a timed slot. This does not mean you won’t queue…on T1. Once all bays are full, trucks line up alongside each other facing bays. So if you see its busy, make sure you remember the truck that went in before you, and park next to him. Then go in the next empty bay after he goes…do not hesitate, or everybody will just pull around you.
T1 is right in front of you as you exit the VBS gantry, and T2 is off to your right. Follow the road to riverside then along to terminal. Book in at portacabin. He will give you a tag, that you put on window…radio controlled crane will put ctr on you…slot number given by guy in portacabin. Return tag once you have your box and make your way out. Parking along riverside…very scenic…but not overnight. I can see my house from there…so near, yet so far!
I would always have wipes or gel to use after booking in using the VBS terminals. You know why.
If the weather is a bit blowy, look out for flashing lights on top of cranes…that means they won’t be working. You can see the cranes as you come down Dunningsbridge Road. Get Peel Ports number from website, so you can call if in doubt. If they are winded off, turn left at roundabout for Bootle rather than right for docks and either pick an industrial estate, go in the Alex gate, or head for Dock Road and chillax until chased by boss or weather calms down a bit.
Back in the day, there was a canteen on every terminal, now there is nothing. Make sure you have what you need before you go in. You can never tell how long you will be. Obviously, morning and late afternoons are busiest. Dead over the weekend. Good time to pull boxes out.