Drawings from past to future

a scania vabis for change,cheers benkku

one more then ,to start up the new page :grimacing: cheers benkku

Vanaja from home ,Aec 690 turbo and fuller, cheers benkku

bma.finland:

Benkku, You are a marvel at detail, Great stuff my friend keep then rolling please, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

bma.finland:

Benkku, You are a marvel at detail, Great stuff my friend keep then rolling please, Regards Larry.

How come Larry that these Scandinavians could,all those years ago,match a spec like the AEC engine and the Fuller box when WE couldn’t,it beggars belief eh! all this was going on when Stokes and the Labour goverment were ■■■■■■■ everything up in British industry in the 60’s and 70’s they should be “dug up” and ■■■■■■■ shot eh! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

bma.finland:

How come Larry that these Scandinavians could,all those years ago,match a spec like the AEC engine and the Fuller box when WE couldn’t,it beggars belief eh! all this was going on when Stokes and the Labour goverment were [zb] everything up in British industry in the 60’s and 70’s they should be “dug up” and [zb] shot eh! Cheers Dennis.

I agree with you Dennis, But of course its all too late now, Things have gone ■■■■ up in every Industury, But mind you IMOO, A lot of the british workers in our manufacturing industry were to blame for a lot of the problems, Striking at the drop of a hat, Because they thought they were badly done to, I wonder if these arsoles if they are still about ever sit back and think about the problems they caused for millions of other working people who went to work and earned their money and respected their employer, And did a decent days work for a decent days pay ?, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

bma.finland:

How come Larry that these Scandinavians could,all those years ago,match a spec like the AEC engine and the Fuller box when WE couldn’t,it beggars belief eh! all this was going on when Stokes and the Labour goverment were [zb] everything up in British industry in the 60’s and 70’s they should be “dug up” and [zb] shot eh! Cheers Dennis.

I agree with you Dennis, But of course its all too late now, Things have gone ■■■■ up in every Industury, But mind you IMOO, A lot of the british workers in our manufacturing industry were to blame for a lot of the problems, Striking at the drop of a hat, Because they thought they were badly done to, I wonder if these arsoles if they are still about ever sit back and think about the problems they caused for millions of other working people who went to work and earned their money and respected their employer, And did a decent days work for a decent days pay ?, Regards Larry.

110% correct Larry but unfortunately the arsoles you refer to still argue the toss’ and won’t admit the fact! take a place like Barrow-in Furness (The Motability capital of the UK) Via the Vickers shipyard they have done very well out of the Nuclear sub programme but they still have voted Labour for years and happily have “bitten the hand” that has fed them for years at every oppertunity,very much like Scousers only there isn’t as many of them ! I wish Jack Brady was still with us,Oooooo now he would have really piled into this thread with the score ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

bma.finland:

To be fair your mate Heath was in for some of that time.While what chance did Stokes have when the Brit customers were still calling for 180 Gardners and 6 speed DB in an Atki Borderer instead of turbo Rolls and Fuller in a Crusader.All that in a max weight artic let alone bonneted 6 wheeler rigid. :unamused:

bma.finland:

Wonderful.

Vanaja did use the ergo cab and the 760 engine in late 60,s ,but the a bit bigger Sisu fusioned Vanaja in 69 and broke the natural devolment line too this ,Vanaja did hav contacts too scania even (scania owned a part of vanaja back then) so a that looking truck vwhit DS 14 as a heart :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:so what do you think? cheers benkku

Scania Vabis LS71 Regent ,middle 50,s .cheers benkku

SISU the bit bigger finn used leyland engines from fifties too biginning of 80,s in 70,s even rolls and from 80 ■■■■■■■ ,this is from about 63 whit leyland power plus

from 92 too 2000 we had this old lady in heavy work,60 tonnes she hauled,cheers benkku

Great as always benkku :smiley: My nabor had a ls 141 with a 2axl “kasett släp” if you know what i mean. He also plough snow in winter times aswell.
Glad midsommar på dej :sunglasses:

jes dan know what you talk about ,have driven one my self ,they are common over here ,like wirechangers,then we dont have tipping jiggs and nowdays casettes are for 76 tonnes,whit 9 axles :unamused: cheers benkku

a mate to the Seddon :wink: cheers benkku

bma.finland:

Our ERF’s never had large drivers seats in the cab like that one you have drawn bma. Looks like it will be very comfortable to sit on though :wink: Great drawing as per usual bma. :sunglasses: I ran 4 “A” Series ERF’s on the fleet just like that one,gave us very good service but the Atkinson Borderer was always my favourite British motor.Hope you are keeping well and going easy on the Lager mate :unamused: :wink: Cheers Benkku Dennis.

Bewick:

bma.finland:

Our ERF’s never had large drivers seats in the cab like that one you have drawn bma. Looks like it will be very comfortable to sit on though :wink: Great drawing as per usual bma. :sunglasses: I ran 4 “A” Series ERF’s on the fleet just like that one,gave us very good service but the Atkinson Borderer was always my favourite British motor.Hope you are keeping well and going easy on the Lager mate :unamused: :wink: Cheers Benkku Dennis.

Dennis I never drove a A series but were the seats like some of the over wagons of the time a bit of up-holsted plastic on a frame or box that rattled your spine :unamused: :laughing:

cheers Johnnie :wink:

well Dennis it isn,t so easy altimes to get it right ,have only two times been in britain ,so haven,t look too meny times on then live :unamused: :wink: .
this is a risky picture :grimacing: :grimacing: :wink:

sammyopisite:

Bewick:

bma.finland:

Dennis I never drove a A series but were the seats like some of the over wagons of the time a bit of up-holsted plastic on a frame or box that rattled your spine :unamused: :laughing:

cheers Johnnie :wink:

Both the “A” Series and the Atky Mk11’s used the Chapman Superide seats as their standard fitment and they were both cheap and nasty Johnnie,I replaced all ours with Bostroms which was the same as Volvo and Scania used as their standard seat.I recall having a right barney with ERF’s at their Middlewhich Service centre once about the drivers seat on a new “A” Series we double shifted and which two Chapman seats were demolished in 6 months,they couldn’t/wouldn’t have it even though they had the motor back in their workshops,they claimed that the seats had been tested with up to 30st on them,the night man was around 17st but the day man was only about 11st IIRC,on the second occasion I was having none of it I demanded they fitted a new Bostrom,and guess what out of their stores came a new Bostrom in matching covering to the passenger seat :open_mouth: End of problem and that seat lasted until the motor was relegated to yard shunter over 10 years later.Cheers Dennis.