Dispatches Monday 9th Channel 4

Harry Monk:

Franglais:
delete DPFs

nomiS36:
Very common I believe. The DPF has no benefit to the car owner so when it goes wrong, which it invariably will, are they going to spend £500ish to replace it and have the same again a few years down the road or pay a bloke with a welder £100 to gut it and weld it up?
[emoji57]

Trickydick:
Now an mot fail if the dpf shows any signs of cut/welding
EGR blanking or mapping out is very common

And to reinforce that point:
gov.uk/government/news/mot- … 0-may-2018
Fails for cars, as well as trucks if the DPF has been interfered with.
"Your vehicle will get a major fault if the MOT tester:

can see smoke of any colour coming from the exhaust
finds evidence that the DPF has been tampered with".

I know MOT examiners who wouldn’t notice something like that. :wink:

Me too :smiley:

Blanked my EGR - £8.95 Ebay. 30 mins spanner time. Taking DPF out is more expensive as its a re-map, do it if it fails. Car instantly runs better and mpg goes up. Just had MOT with engine management light on. Tester asked about light, was happy with me saying I had no idea but it had been on ages. Passed with two advisories not related to engine or emmisions. Local garage with sensible mechanic, drives same model as me so guess he has blanked his too…

Harry Monk:
I know MOT examiners who wouldn’t notice something like that.

nomiS36:
Me too

Don`t doubt it for a minute. :slight_smile:

Ten or so years back, almost any garage setting up speed limiters would “up” it a bit, for a case of beer. How many would today?
And “failing to notice” a welded PDF is different to ignoring the metered emissions. Similar to Nicholson, a publicized case with an MoT tester losing his ticket, and being fined will concentrate the minds of the rest, won`t it?

EDIT, New test due to be introduced in May this year

Winseer:
SO lemme guess… NO slagging off of Brudders in bedford rascals and stirrup pumps… NO slagging off for foreign truckers coming over here with twin-oversized tanks, so they don’t have to re-fuel in Britain at all, thus avoiding taxes … but EXTENSIVE slagging off for UK hauliers caught putting Cherry in the main tank!?

The price here for fuel now is comparable to a lot of Europe many eu truck do fill here esp if running thru france. Have you seen the price of red diesel lately the rebate isn’t give at the pump any longer and if you are paying cash for it it will work out more expensive than white

robroy:

Winseer:
SO lemme guess… NO slagging off of Brudders in bedford rascals and stirrup pumps… NO slagging off for foreign truckers coming over here with twin-oversized tanks, so they don’t have to re-fuel in Britain at all, thus avoiding taxes … but EXTENSIVE slagging off for UK hauliers caught putting Cherry in the main tank!?

‘‘So lemme guess’’…Why do you put legit hauliers (not drivers :unamused: ) practicing the obvious, and most economical, methods as possible open to them to run their trucks, (not to mention legally whether you like that or not) in the same category as low life thieving tow rags exactly ■■ :unamused:

Also…putting cherry in the tank thus ALSO avoiding taxes is ok in your eyes then…as long as they are British.
:unamused: …ffs mate. :unamused: I despair.

No, it’s about the way that “British” Criminals are treated with the full force of the law - unless they are brudders. It’s not even a two tier system - but a three tier one.

I’m amazed that there are any British hauliers left that are making money “playing it straight” any more!

I once had a tractor that at the end of my long run, I noticed had not used any adblue at all. I verbally advised TM that “The ad blue might be malfuctioning”.
I was told off by that TM that “I should have reported it sooner, and picked it up on my walk-around checks - ecause to run with a malfunctioning ad blue system is illegal, and could get me a PG9”.

WTF?

How was I supposed to even notice - before I’d done over 500 clicks and not used any, on what was rather a small adblue tank to boot? :confused:

chester1:

Winseer:

The price here for fuel now is comparable to a lot of Europe many eu truck do fill here esp if running thru france. Have you seen the price of red diesel lately the rebate isn’t give at the pump any longer and if you are paying cash for it it will work out more expensive than white

I didn’t realize that the price of white on the mainland continent had incremented beyond the drop in the pound vs the Euro that is still lower than when we voted Leave… (Rate on 22nd June 2016 was about 66p per Euro. Today, it’s 87p, having been as high as 93p over the last 22 months…) It seems like a good idea to close the gap between cherry and white though. That’s a large fraud opportunity closing down right there…

Winseer:

robroy:

Winseer:

‘‘So lemme guess’’…Why do you put legit hauliers (not drivers :unamused: ) practicing the obvious, and most economical, methods as possible open to them to run their trucks, (not to mention legally whether you like that or not) in the same category as low life thieving tow rags exactly ■■ :unamused:

Also…putting cherry in the tank thus ALSO avoiding taxes is ok in your eyes then…as long as they are British.
:unamused: …ffs mate. :unamused: I despair.

No, it’s about the way that “British” Criminals are treated with the full force of the law - unless they are brudders. It’s not even a two tier system - but a three tier one.

:open_mouth: .Mate, seriously…I have not got a ■■■■ scooby what you’re prattling on about. :unamused:
A 3 tier system for what exactly?
But mainly because I don’t know wtf a ‘‘Brudder’’ is.
:neutral_face:

chester1:

Winseer:

I filled my boat with red diesel a fortnight ago at 63.9p a litre and the garage also sell at that price to anyone turning up by road with cans/drums etc.

I don’t know how red diesel got into this conversation.
What’s red diesel got to do with emissions ‘cheats’? Tax cheats yeah but emissions?

Franglais:

biggriffin:

Conor:

grumpyken52:
Strange that they haven’t given the diesel emissions scandal of all the cars such sensational headlines .
Stand by for a lot of truck industry bashing .

Car owners aren’t going around putting devices in to get around adblue.

O how wrong you are, dpf delete software, removal of dpf’s and egr’s being blanked off, and ad-blue on certain Audi and 4x4 being switched off to increase power.

The above is FACT not statistics, or copy n pasted from Wikipedia or Google.

Since “FACT” is in capitals it MUST be TRUE !
But not as true as TRUE and nowhere as true as TRUE

Edit. I do believe it`s happening by the way. No need for capitals at all !

Sorry I raised my voice.

nomiS36:
I don’t know how red diesel got into this conversation.
What’s red diesel got to do with emissions ‘cheats’? Tax cheats yeah but emissions?

It started when we were thrown into ‘‘Winseerworld’’ :unamused: :smiley:

Programme has just started ,don’t know if its just Scotland that have it on earlier

norb:
Programme has just started ,don’t know if its just Scotland that have it on earlier

Yes I have just complained to C4 that the presenter refers to truckers as responsible. Unless you are an od how? Also why on earth would you want to. Aren’t we just breathing in this stuff 24/7. Bit like a miner wanting more coal dust so they can increase the chances of getting pneumoconiosis.

Looks like the cost has gone down for none euro 4 then ,it was £200 now £100 ,not worth buying a newer lorry for the odd time i have a London load I can’t give it away or swap .

well that was a half hour of the usual anti lorry nonsense. apparently we are responsible for 23000 premature deaths, no mention of all the nox emissions from taxis buses and diesel cars its all down to us truckers

The woman with the two kids whinging better not use the trains then, especially if she is near to disgustingly dirty diesel loco’s that pull freight trains …or near dirty old diesel cars or cabs.
Or even worse near the lower Thames where heavy oil burning ships dock and leave engines running.

The programme was exactly as I expected. Lorry bashing by very shallow people thinking they know about the cause of poor air feeding twisted information to an ignorant pre selected audience.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Kept on about the allegedly 23000 deaths a year caused by us vile killers on the road, did not mention how many of that 23000 deaths are lorry drivers who have to work all-day in this so called toxic environment, I sat on top of a diesel engine for fifty years on lorries until I retired a few years ago, and some of you will remember the smoke and fumes coming of them old engines, the air nowadays is nothing like it used to be, I also drive a 19 year old diesel Landover which sails through it’s MOT every year and I have just bought the wife a diesel Jag lovely motor, I’ll stick to my diesel thank you…

OssieD:
Kept on about the allegedly 23000 deaths a year caused by us vile killers on the road, did not mention how many of that 23000 deaths are lorry drivers who have to work all-day in this so called toxic environment, I sat on top of a diesel engine for fifty years on lorries until I retired a few years ago, and some of you will remember the smoke and fumes coming of them old engines, the air nowadays is nothing like it used to be, I also drive a 19 year old diesel Landover which sails through it’s MOT every year and I have just bought the wife a diesel Jag lovely motor, I’ll stick to my diesel thank you…

I had an Iveco in the 80s, my Mrs always said she could smell diesel smoke absorbed in my clothes when she was washing them…so what was it doing to my lungs?

Conor:

grumpyken52:
Strange that they haven’t given the diesel emissions scandal of all the cars such sensational headlines .
Stand by for a lot of truck industry bashing .

Car owners aren’t going around putting devices in to get around adblue.

No VAG did that for them