Devon companies

Hi have anybody got any photos of E.J COOMBE FLOUR MILLERS of THORVERTON near Tiverton also Renwicks DAF 1900 in Allied mills livery red/white later went to Frank tuckers went Renwicks went down.cheers Flourpower

I caught this ex Luxyon and Coombes Foden working in the harbour at Teignmouth in 1999

cheers

john57:

bubbleman:
Hey,great pics…this thread is coming on nicely…I might ditch the scrapbook an concentrate on this one and the cornish one instead :wink:

I managed to get a Bowdens Merc too :laughing:

Jim Evans Pigsassole…didnt keep it very long :open_mouth:

Cheers Bubbs. :wink:

Been rereading this thread and been wondering whats the story behind the Evans photo Bubbs, it been taken near a mile or 2 from their yard.

At the time these were taken of JT Evans’s trucks my parents owned the pub at Stibb Cross.

FLOURPOWER:
Hi have anybody got any photos of E.J COOMBE FLOUR MILLERS of THORVERTON near Tiverton also Renwicks DAF 1900 in Allied mills livery red/white later went to Frank tuckers went Renwicks went down.cheers Flourpower

hi mate i passed my rigid test on one of them daf 1900 g reg they were that was after EVANS took over TUCKERS. I havent got any pics of them dafs . G96,97,98 VFJ I believe. :smiley:

Going back a bit, but does anyone remember when Torrington’s were on AM cb known as The Hole In The Wall Gang? And Ron Radford’s were the Road Runners, most of whom had a picture of the cartoon Roadrunner on the cab sides.

Retired Old ■■■■:
Going back a bit, but does anyone remember when Torrington’s were on AM cb known as The Hole In The Wall Gang? And Ron Radford’s were the Road Runners, most of whom had a picture of the cartoon Roadrunner on the cab sides.

the ‘hole in the wall gang’, torridge transport are still going strong, and some of the old am boys are still there

runner 777:

Retired Old ■■■■:

the ‘hole in the wall gang’, torridge transport are still going strong, and some of the old am boys are still there

Still going yes. Strong ? Questionable.

To NZJamie. Fantastic pictures Jamie. So you were the lad who was always in the lorry park with your camera. I drove the old Bison for Colin Wensley, the only problem was I had to carry my tools with me all the time. It made a nice change when I had a spell in one of the DAFs. Colin still lives just round the corner and I often pop in for a cuppa. He has not been too well but he was thrilled when I showe him your photos. All the best Norman…

NormanFoot:
To NZJamie. Fantastic pictures Jamie. So you were the lad who was always in the lorry park with your camera. I drove the old Bison for Colin Wensley, the only problem was I had to carry my tools with me all the time. It made a nice change when I had a spell in one of the DAFs. Colin still lives just round the corner and I often pop in for a cuppa. He has not been too well but he was thrilled when I showe him your photos. All the best Norman…

I remember Colin Wensley, he had several tippers and was working on the Link Road from Sampford Peveral into Tiverton, he was always down the Blundells Road lorry park on a sunday greasing and servicing up his trucks…fine fellow indeed.Hope he is ok now healthwise.
I drove buses for Ernie Hill and we used to park them up in the same lorry park.

NZ JAMIE:
G’day,
Nice Gregorys pics mate,the 113 is the same one that Bubbs posted,the ex Smythe motor.
Found another of AGC from Cullompton,taken in their yard in 1990.

Tidy looking Merc from Hayman’s taken in Tiverton July 1991.I was driving UHD 19T that day you took this photo. Cracking motor to drive abit gutless when you were lugging timber,but it sounded good with the twin Eminox stacks.Always enjoy all your old photos. Still turning the wheels in Mid Wales. Cheers for now : :smiley:

F H Baker of Cullompton ran a few of these Renaults,1990 again in their yard.
Cheers Jamie,oh yeah with these last three pics it makes 250 on this thread.

NormanFoot:

Hello Norman mate,yep that could well have been me taking photos as a young lad,although I had a mate who was the same age who also took photos in the Blundell’s road lorry park. He’s now a fitter for M Way in South Molton.

That Bison that Colin Wensley had was a cracker,you could hear it coming from a fair way off. I thinking it must have been fitted with a later TL11 turbo motor,because the turbo whistle was very obvious.

Maybe it was you that took me for a ride in the Bison when I was a young fella in about 1989/90?

The Bison turned up at the old Whitbread Brewery site in Tiverton that was being demolished and I hitched a ride for the afternoon. We went to the quarry at Westleigh and then onto a site in Honiton to drop a load of chippings. Then back to Tiverton to fuel up at a yard on the Howden Industrial estate in West Exe.

Happy new year mate. Cheers Jamie

Spotted this thread on the front page and having permission from a couple of snappers down Devon way for use of their photos on TNUK, here’s a few for starters, all taken in and around Teignmouth.
Oily

David Pengelly`s Renault 6 wheeler , ready for loading livestock at Sedgemoor Livestock Market, June 2012.

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

K.A.Mingo , livestock haulier from Tiverton , owns this tidy Volvo FM . It is photographed as it waits to load at Sedgemoor Livestock Market , on the same day.

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

Some more from the Plymouth area thanks to a contact, Graham Richardson.
Oily

Some more, starting with Bale of Honiton.
Oily

Devon Mark Hobbs Volvo 7402682012_ba72b16d12_.jpg

Devon Mark Hobbs 6652896403_f396988456_b.jpg

One or two more.
Oily

Sir Hectimere Volvo 7576570780_5d4a54ef43.jpg

Devon SirH 8190596493_5b782b3a11_b..jpg

…and from Plymouth.
Oily

I’m surprised that nobody has mentioned the short lived Peter Nickel Haulage from Newton that ran some Volvos and some Magnums.

Did he upset that many people? :smiley:

David