delivery times

Twoninety88:
You want to see my weeks work Andrew, I have been given 3 months of work to Paddington london, …and to a poxy building site too. I’m supposed to do two loads a day from North Weald, Essex to the site that is in Harrow Road smack bang next to the A40 almost next to Paddington Station.

Arrive at 0800 as required…and sit there, normally for at least three hours before unloading which can take an hour itself.Sometimes I can get the second run in but the day ends up as a 14 or 15 hour day. But just lately I arrive at 0800 and am still there 8 hours later!, then they refuse the load as there is no room for it and back home I go.

I took a load there Friday, sat there for five hours, had it refused and took it back there Monday where I sat for 7 hours before I got the load off, Today I did just the one load and was out of there at 2:00pm.

I will be ■■■■ glad when the bloody building is finished…its crippling me sitting about all day, only so much sleep and TV can be had before boredom sets in!..and I actually miss having nights out!

Begs the question…

Why would you or the boss or who ever it was, take the job on in the first place if you’re not getting paid to sit around or run the stuff back and forth?

Just came in for my trailer at 0615.
In front of me was one of our lot from another depot, guy in office says…
‘‘Not ready until 11am mate’’…driver starts dancing around, wide eyed, red faced, head nodding, giving it ‘‘oh ■■■■ me’’ and ffs… etc etc, gets in cab straight on phone.

My turn, bloke says…‘‘Same with you drive, 11am, sorry we’re a bit behind’’
I says ‘‘Not your fault mate, give me a shout if any sooner’’
Into cab, put a coffee on, come on here for a bit, and bunk for an hour or so, read book etc’’ :sunglasses: …ring guvnor when he gets in.

Up to the firm to charge and/or get stressed out not me, (mind you if it was Sat am when I’m usually here, different situation. :laughing: )

Had a conversation with a guy yesterday, he told me I looked nowhere near my age (don’t think he meant older btw :smiley: ) told him it’s because I’m laid back and don’t get stressed out about trivial crap…like this.

Keep the inevitable heart attack at bay doze, do as I do…don’t give a ■■■■. :bulb:

yourhavingalarf:

Twoninety88:
You want to see my weeks work Andrew, I have been given 3 months of work to Paddington london, …and to a poxy building site too. I’m supposed to do two loads a day from North Weald, Essex to the site that is in Harrow Road smack bang next to the A40 almost next to Paddington Station.

Arrive at 0800 as required…and sit there, normally for at least three hours before unloading which can take an hour itself.Sometimes I can get the second run in but the day ends up as a 14 or 15 hour day. But just lately I arrive at 0800 and am still there 8 hours later!, then they refuse the load as there is no room for it and back home I go.

I took a load there Friday, sat there for five hours, had it refused and took it back there Monday where I sat for 7 hours before I got the load off, Today I did just the one load and was out of there at 2:00pm.

I will be ■■■■ glad when the bloody building is finished…its crippling me sitting about all day, only so much sleep and TV can be had before boredom sets in!..and I actually miss having nights out!

Begs the question…

Why would you or the boss or who ever it was, take the job on in the first place if you’re not getting paid to sit around or run the stuff back and forth?

He’ll be more than likely priced up as a day rate, so in effect the less running his trucks do, the more profit he makes.

I had a similar day rate job as an o/driver in the 80s running pipes along a line off a 30 mile radius, the truck hardly ever ran, it was all waiting around for certain pipes being layed in order, loading queing etc, it was summer, a lot of time just sat in sun on a chair…loved that job, it lasted for a couple of months…made a lot of money for doing jack all. :sunglasses:

robroy:
…ring guvnor when he gets in.

a:

Exactly, that’s my job. I make it clear with customers that anything over two hours for a trailer is on demurrage.

albion:

robroy:
…ring guvnor when he gets in.

a:

Exactly, that’s my job. I make it clear with customers that anything over two hours for a trailer is on demurrage.

I know…I’m good, aint I?. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yourhavingalarf:
Begs the question…

As Rob says, the boss has three pricing schemes for the different scenarios, with 124 km on the clock and all those hours sat around he dont mind at all, each load gets paid for delivered or not. Its just me thats climbing the walls in boredom :slight_smile:

Twoninety88:

yourhavingalarf:
Begs the question…

As Rob says, the boss has three pricing schemes for the different scenarios, with 124 km on the clock and all those hours sat around he dont mind at all, each load gets paid for delivered or not. Its just me thats climbing the walls in boredom :slight_smile:

Buy a box set dvd (or modern equivalent)
I watched numerous box sets waiting for boats etc in the past.
Buy a crossword book, read a good interesting book, (buy a Truck and Driver mag that will put all of 2 minutes in :unamused: :smiley:) …don’t let the ■■■■■■■■ grind you down. :bulb: :laughing:

Twoninety88:
Its just me thats climbing the walls in boredom :slight_smile:

Are you saying…

That Truck Net UK isn’t exciting enough to entertain you all day?

:open_mouth:

“Come back at 0800 tomorrow” they told me yesterday at 1500. So here I am at 0800 and the office here say “Sorry drive, do you mind waiting in your cab? Another driver came last night so we’ve picked his and will be loading him first, yours isn’t even picked yet.” No complaints here, got plenty of Netflix to be watched, halfway through a book, there’s a Tesco round the corner and I’m hungry. Just not sure which to do first while I’m being paid for the privilege.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

.Perhaps they have not been told, that they have to stop everything they are doing, as Dozy must take preference over everybody else

Wonder if he’s still there now, he’ll be a dribbling wreck. :laughing:

robroy:

He`ll be back in time for his Friday night steak

Twoninety88:

Merchant Square?

That’s the place !

Probably just went by you!!

lolipop:

robroy:

He`ll be back in time for his Friday night steak

He may have to go to the shops on the way home and get some more biscuits …

Twoninety88:

If I was near Paddington station and I knew it was going to be hours until being tipped I wouldn’t be lingering with the truck, that’s for sure. There is plenty to go and have a look at around there and the walk along the canal round the side of the station is nice too.

Sorry mate, been there and done that over the last 2 months. Walked most of the local area but cityscapes are not my bag, I have walked around little venice though, which for London (spit)is quite pleasing on the eye. The thing is I cant go too far in case they call me in, and if they do, I have to move quick.
Just rather not be in the shagpit of a city to start with!