Dash cams

So all these dash cams, are they relatively easy/simple to use, if you get my drift?

Goldilox:
So all these dash cams, are they relatively easy/simple to use, if you get my drift?

It’s as hard as turning the ignition on, once it’s plugged in and set up for the first time.

Reef:

109LWB:
Vicovation make a very good one, the Marcus 5. It’s around £240…

:open_mouth:

Think I might be getting another G1W ! :laughing:

Have seen these though, opinions?

ebay.co.uk/itm/2-7-1080P-HD- … 541f9064ab

and

ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-Hd-2-7- … 3aa7c7f7a3

Tbh I think you would be better off with another g1w! Those links might be fine, but then again thy might not. At least the g1w is tried and tested. As long as you set the time correctly on both, it shouldn’t be too hard to sync them in editing if you had too. In theory they both should start recording at the same time, but I guess in practice it depends how quick both power sockets get power when the ignition is started.

I bought a Transcend dash cam. Cost me around £100 from Amazon with a suction mount and a bigger SD card. It does everything I need it to (don’t see th need for GPS or speed trace) and the film quality is IMO very good. Sound quality is a bit compromised by running with windows open, but hey, I imagine that is the same for all cams. I’d rather have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

youtu.be/hFIy8MGSF94

the maoster:
I’d rather have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

And that’s about the crux of it, makes me laugh when all the nay sayers come on here spouting their “opinions” yet they’re then the ones struggling to convince the Police/Gaffer/Insurance company with their “but it wern’t my fault guv’na 'onest like” with their little 4yr old style diagrams and arm weaving and waving like a 90’s raver. :smiley:

109LWB:
Tbh I think you would be better off with another g1w! Those links might be fine, but then again thy might not. At least the g1w is tried and tested. As long as you set the time correctly on both, it shouldn’t be too hard to sync them in editing if you had too. In theory they both should start recording at the same time, but I guess in practice it depends how quick both power sockets get power when the ignition is started.

Yeah think I’ll grab a second G1W, it’s not like it’s a ball ache to set up in the car thanks to the rear 12v socket.