eBay Dash Cams

There are some very reasonable dash cams on eBay, can anyone recommend a good seller on there?

Ta :wink:

Check out Techmoan on YouTube, he does some good reviews.

The sellers on eBay are 10 a penny and I doubt any of them have your best interests at heart, and most stuff comes from the far east anyway
As for cameras the G1W seems to get good reviews on Techmoan, but the G1W doesn`t have the GPS map data that the more expensive Roadhawks do
without supplied SD card: ebay.co.uk/itm/HD-1080P-CAR- ā€¦ 46158a68ad
With supplied SD card: ebay.co.uk/itm/301015082534? ā€¦ 1423.l2649

Of the 3 dashcams I use (in 3 vehicles) the Blackvue DR380g is the best, this one records your vehicle position on google maps and the picture quality is very good and it is not known to overheat, which was a problem with the DR400 models.

i have 2
ebay.co.uk/itm/27-TFT-Full-H ā€¦ 1092197578

ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-HD-1080P ā€¦ 2a2d180deb
and more like fist

brados:
Check out Techmoan on YouTube, he does some good reviews.

+1

Looking for one of these, any good recomendations for one under the fifty quid mark (yea I know you get what you pay for)
cheers

Iā€™m after one of these that you can turn the audio off any recommendation great fully excepted.

beetee07:
Iā€™m after one of these that you can turn the audio off any recommendation great fully excepted.

All of the ones Iā€™ve seen, including my own, have a button marked ā€œMā€, which stands for ā€œMuteā€, and this turns the sound recording off.

how long do these things record for?

limeyphil:

Mine doesnā€™t record anything, just continuously films and then throws it away, unless there is an ā€œincidentā€, in which case it retains ten seconds of footage from before the incident, and thirty seconds after. There is a motion sensor built into the camera which determines if there has been an incident, and a red light flashes briefly to tell you that it is in incident mode. Mine normally goes off three or four times a day, potholes and speed humps sort of thing.

Harry Monk:

beetee07:

All of the ones Iā€™ve seen, including my own, have a button marked ā€œMā€, which stands for ā€œMuteā€, and this turns the sound recording off.

I bought a dash-cam today.

Probably not in the same league as the quality products from the far-east that Harry Monk buys, alas mine doesnā€™t have a button marked ā€œMā€, but you can still turn the audio recording off through the settings menu.

You can turn the speed stamp off alsoā€¦

Contraflow:

Harry Monk:

beetee07:

I bought a dash-cam today.

Probably not in the same league as the quality products from the far-east that Harry Monk buys, alas mine doesnā€™t have a button marked ā€œMā€, but you can still turn the audio recording off through the settings menu.

You can turn the speed stamp off alsoā€¦

What make are they I bought one but I canā€™t turn the sound off so I need a recommendation make wise all the ones Iā€™ve looked at donā€™t say if it can be muted.

Contraflow:

Mine was supplied by Towergate Insurance, my insurer, and although I did have to pay for it, the cost, Ā£200, was reduced from my first two yearsā€™ insurance premiums at Ā£100 per year.

No doubt you didnā€™t pay Ā£200 for your quality ebay camera. :wink:

limeyphil:

Foreverā€¦ on a loop.

beetee07:
What make are they I bought one but I canā€™t turn the sound off so I need a recommendation make wise all the ones Iā€™ve looked at donā€™t say if it can be muted.

I bought one from Halfords. Impulse buy. Quite pricey at Ā£149.99.

Contraflow:

beetee07:

Blimey that is pricey more than I want to pay but thanks for the info.

Contraflow:

beetee07:

That is a fair bit, there are quiet a lot on the market a I cheaper, but I guess you get what you pay for.

ebay.co.uk/itm/Roadhawk-RH-2 ā€¦ 19e8478628

ebay.co.uk/itm/350957361459? ā€¦ 1438.l2649

ebay.co.uk/itm/151211364271? ā€¦ 1438.l2649

ebay.co.uk/itm/291054609958? ā€¦ 1438.l2649

A few the the more pocket friendlies not sure about the mute functions tho.

Contraflow:

limeyphil:

Foreverā€¦ on a loop.

how long is the loop?