eBay Dash Cams

Danny_b:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roadhawk-RH-2-Dashcam-Car-Dash-Camera-DVR-GPS-G-sensor-/111271183912?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item19e8478628

ebay.co.uk/itm/350957361459? … 1438.l2649

ebay.co.uk/itm/151211364271? … 1438.l2649

ebay.co.uk/itm/291054609958? … 1438.l2649

A few the the more pocket friendlies not sure about the mute functions tho.

Thanks very much for the links just ordered one.

beetee07:

Has it got a mute function?

Contraflow:

beetee07:

Mine as a recording button though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

no problem mate

Contraflow:

beetee07:

Yes made sure of that before ordering it.

Again thanks for all the help.

peirre:
The sellers on eBay are 10 a penny and I doubt any of them have your best interests at heart, and most stuff comes from the far east anyway
As for cameras the G1W seems to get good reviews on Techmoan, but the G1W doesn`t have the GPS map data that the more expensive Roadhawks do
without supplied SD card: ebay.co.uk/itm/HD-1080P-CAR- … 46158a68ad
With supplied SD card: ebay.co.uk/itm/301015082534? … 1423.l2649

all come from China.but if you buy direct from China,after sometime Customs can give to you notice pay some VAT or,or…

limeyphil:

Contraflow:

limeyphil:
how long do these things record for?

Forever… on a loop.

how long is the loop?

Depends how big the SD card is your using with it. I use an 8 Gig card in mine. It can record about 2.5 hours of footage in 1 minute segments / files before starting again and over writing the earliest recorded files.
To be honest though it matters not unless your into watching hours of road / driving with sod all happening.
If there’s an incident, you can save the file from being over written with the press of a button or have the camera set to do it itself, these are called “Event” files. I disabled it in mine though because I kept getting lots of event files when in fact it was a speed bump or a poor bit of road- my truck bounces like a ■■■■■■■■

I’ve got this one in my van
amazon.co.uk/E-PRANCE-Origin … ds=eprance

It’s quite small and sits behind the rear view mirror out of sight. I’ve put a class 4 SD card in and gives a very good image when downloaded to my laptop, number plates are easily read. It records as soon as you plug it in / switch the engine on (if it’s hard wired). You can set it to record audio as well.

I simply forget it’s there and less than £60.