Dam busters dog’s grave , name removed FFS

robroy:
Had the radio on in car this morning, local radio station.
The excellent ‘Oliver’s army’ by Elvis Costello came on.
Sat there singing along :blush: :smiley: , then thought ‘that wasn’t right’.

There’s a line that says…‘‘Only takes one itchy trigger, makes one more widow one less white [zb]’’

This song has been played on the radio since 1979 ffs, but now they’ve edited that line out.
[zb] pathetic. :unamused:

Im certain that record companies employ some junior to listen to their back catalogue and airbrush out lyrics in case someone takes offence, or more likely takes offence on behalf of others :imp: The excellent “Laid” by James had a lyric that went “she only comes when she’s on top” which has now been neutered to “she only sings when she’s on top”. Listen to the radio version of Just like a Pill by Pink, it bears no resemblance to the album version.

Carryfast:

robroy:

There’s a line that says…‘‘Only takes one itchy trigger, makes one more widow one less white [zb]’’

This song has been played on the radio since 1979 ffs, but now they’ve edited that line out.

I always thought it was all it takes is one itchy finger one more widow etc there was no ‘makes’ in the line either.
How do you get an itchy trigger.

Ffs Carryfast, so I got the lyric slightly wrong :unamused: .
Can’t see how it deters from the point I was making.

the maoster:

robroy:

Im certain that record companies employ some junior to listen to their back catalogue and airbrush out lyrics in case someone takes offence, or more likely takes offence on behalf of others :imp: The excellent “Laid” by James had a lyric that went “she only comes when she’s on top” which has now been neutered to “she only sings when she’s on top”. Listen to the radio version of Just like a Pill by Pink, it bears no resemblance to the album version.

On R2 George Michael’s ‘Faster love’ has the words ‘All that bull ■■■■ information’ (waiting for Carryfast to tell me it was actually ‘All THIS bull…etc’ :unamused: :laughing: ) it was played on R2 for years since it was released, up to last year when somebody noticed.
Also ‘Who the ■■■■ are you’’ on The Who’s ‘Who are you’ was played until recently.
As you say they must have just started employing these guys. :laughing:

robroy:

Carryfast:

robroy:

I always thought it was all it takes is one itchy finger one more widow etc there was no ‘makes’ in the line either.
How do you get an itchy trigger.

Ffs Carryfast, so I got the lyric slightly wrong :unamused: .
Can’t see how it deters from the point I was making.

Blimey Rob did you actually read what I said.It had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with you getting anything wrong.You’ve stated it exactly how it is.

I said that like Dead Man’s Curve ‘I personally’ ‘remembered’ it different to how it’s actually stated now as you’d ‘correctly’ stated it.

Then, like Dead Man’s Curve, I pointed out the inconsistencies that seem to be in line with how I ‘remembered’ it.

There are many others concerning loads of different stuff from adverts to TV programmes to the news being noticed by loads of people.The Mandela Effect is a big thing check it out.Deliberately altering/deleting history seems to tie in with what lots of people are questioning regarding that theory.It’s really credible weird zb and it has nothing to do with racism.

Ok fair enough,.I was maybe too quick to jump. :blush:
Day off all day today…blame it on the beer. :smiley: :wink:

To be fair radio edits have been around since the dawn of the recording industry.
When I was a lad some fun loving boys from Liverpool were band off radio 1 for simply telling everyone to Relax and they wasn’t the first bunch of scousers that it had happened to.

I can’t imagine any radio station play Straight Outta Compton by N.W.A.
Who could forget their sing-a-long classic “■■■■ tha police”

I seem to remember it was the posh DJ types who were refusing to play certain records on the BBC, most of them became top of the charts within seconds of been banned - Relax / Spasticus Autisticus / Je Taime.

Don’t forget Nelson Mandela was a Terrorist

Wheel Nut:

A Communist useful idiot and many aren’t sure if he died in jail or if they let him out.No such problems with Gibson’s unfortunate dog. :wink:

sing along now,

ashes to ashes
funk your funky
major toms a cheeky monkey.

peter glaze,pip hinton and leslie crowther all smacked off their ■■■■ on weed in 1969…thats when it all started…

some of the kids may have to google this to comprehend… :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
I seem to remember it was the posh DJ types who were refusing to play certain records on the BBC, most of them became top of the charts within seconds of been banned - Relax / Spasticus Autisticus / Je Taime.

Ain’t that the truth and not just for records either. Anything publication that has been banned has achieved cult status and ongoing sales.
Imagine Kubrick’s Clockwork orange would have just disappeared in to obscurity as just an out there futuristic movie if it hadn’t been on the list for all those decades.

Mandella wasn’t just a terrorist, he was also a Maxist communist.
An ideaology that has killed hundreds of millions over the last century but for some reason there are people of today running around thinking it’s a great idea and wanting to give it another go.

Let’s ban everything and then nothing bad will ever happen again.

AndieHyde:
Mandella wasn’t just a terrorist, he was also a Maxist communist.
An ideaology that has killed hundreds of millions over the last century but for some reason there are people of today running around thinking it’s a great idea and wanting to give it another go.

Let’s ban everything and then nothing bad will ever happen again.

+1

So was this POS.
youtube.com/watch?v=plH5P4NRa8Y

Wheel Nut:

It was Mike Read that instigated the ban on 'FGTH’s Relax.
Thing is I was a young lad at that time and didn’t give a ■■■■ about it then…nor do I now.
But when you grow up a (little :blush: :smiley: ) bit and see things from a different perspective…, if a group of self confessed homosexuals today (or even heterosexuals for that matter) released a record saying …‘Relax when you want to come’ ‘shoot it in the right direction, and hit me with your lazer beam’ :smiley: …would I be happy if I heard my 2 yr old grand daughter innocently singing it while playing with her toys in the living room. :neutral_face:
This came to mind in about 02 when my 4 year old daughter was out in the garden singing Mousse T’s ‘I’m ■■■■■, ■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■ tonight’ at the top of her voice. :blush: :smiley:

Porridge.

Some of Fletchers remarks towards McLaren about his colour and race, only a matter of time before that gets edited out I suppose?

robroy:

Wheel Nut:

Thing is I was a young lad at that time and didn’t give a [zb] about it then…nor do I now.
But when you grow up a (little :blush: :smiley: ) bit and see things from a different perspective…, if a group of self confessed homosexuals today (or even heterosexuals for that matter) released a record saying …‘Relax when you want to come’ ‘shoot it in the right direction, and hit me with your lazer beam’ :smiley: …would I be happy if I heard my 2 yr old grand daughter innocently singing it while playing with her toys in the living room. :neutral_face:
This came to mind in about 02 when my 4 year old daughter was out in the garden singing Mousse T’s ‘I’m ■■■■■, ■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■ tonight’ at the top of her voice. :blush: :smiley:

And as one to another I agree with you.
Around the same time I had an innocent daughter, maybe 4 years old, singing along to the radio with the lyrics “I wanna take you to a gay bar”
To her it was a catchy tune on the car radio, a diversionary entertainment whilst on our way to wherever we were going.
To me, perhaps it was just another road sign signaling the way to hell…

I was young then, now I am older. I still dont know which side is right.

Do we oppress difficult to deal with issues to protect young minds??
Do we oppress entrenched right think to protect undeveloped minds who cannot grasp the idea of percieved wrong think.

Whatever the outcome. Changing history for the appeasement of the popular narrative of the day will do no good. For anyone.
Accepting failure and learning from it is the path to adulthood.
Trying to manipulate the world into conforming to your ideals is childish to the extreme.
And you deserve the smack that is coming your petulant way.

AndieHyde:
Changing history for the appeasement of the popular narrative of the day will do no good.

^
This together with the weird changes referred to in references to the Mandela effect is what it seems to be all about.
It’s all about an agenda of conditiong people to accept the idea that you’re a concpiracy theorist or a racist if you question the re writing of history.It’s what Communists do.

AndieHyde:

robroy:

Wheel Nut:

Thing is I was a young lad at that time and didn’t give a [zb] about it then…nor do I now.

And as one to another I agree with you.
Around the same time I had an innocent daughter, maybe 4 years old, singing along to the radio with the lyrics “I wanna take you to a gay bar”
To her it was a catchy tune on the car radio, a diversionary entertainment whilst on our way to wherever we were going.
To me, perhaps it was just another road sign signaling the way to hell…

I was young then, now I am older. I still dont know which side is right.

Do we oppress difficult to deal with issues to protect young minds??
Do we oppress entrenched right think to protect undeveloped minds who cannot grasp the idea of percieved wrong think.

Whatever the outcome. Changing history for the appeasement of the popular narrative of the day will do no good. For anyone.
Accepting failure and learning from it is the path to adulthood.
Trying to manipulate the world into conforming to your ideals is childish to the extreme.
And you deserve the smack that is coming your petulant way.

To answer your bit about kids, and oppressing difficult issues, I’ve always been a big believer in preserving a kid’s childhood for as long as they are still kids.
I hate these types who think it’s clever to put on you tube their kids swearing, or coming out with inappropriate stuff that only adults do…■■■■ parenting imo.
The same as when you see 12 yr old girls dressed up like 20 yr olds, it does my head in, my own 2 daughters always tried to push the boundaries at that time…as they all do.

Always had that view, your childhood is short enough, and when you have kids try and preserve their innocence, because before you know it they are actually adults,.and all that time has gone forever…I know that part all too well being a ■■■■ tramper all my life. :unamused:

In reply to above long post. I do agree about children growing up too quickly. I remember asking a friends 8 year old what she wanted for her 9th birthday. It was something weird on CD but it has to be the explicit version. I bought it and put it in her card. Her mother went doolally, she had chosen the one her school friend had consficated.

I used to joke that being queer would be soon compulsory. I think we have passed that stage now. You certainly can’t hold straight days, open straight bars or have white police officers associations, are the white helmets permitted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
I used to joke that being queer would be soon compulsory. I think we have passed that stage now. You certainly can’t hold straight days, open straight bars or have white police officers associations, are the white helmets permitted?

I think they’re purple helmets nowadays :wink: , for the same reasons you point out. :laughing: :laughing:

youtu.be/chid2_3sX1k

what a strange thing to get all worked up about its just a dog