Dam busters dog’s grave , name removed FFS

I’ll leave this here until the edit! :smiley:

ABSOLUTELY 1ST CLASS AND EXCELLENT MR MOASTER.

if your getting put on premod,then its best for having posted something righteous and worthwhile instead of the drivvle that ukjakenicky101ect entourage spout. :smiley: :smiley:

fodenway:
Guy Gibson would have looked silly calling out " come on, dark-skinned person of African origin, here boy", every time he wanted his much-loved pet to come to him. I bet no-one who came into contact with the dog ever thought of his name as any kind of racist slur. Does this mean that “Dambusters” will now have the word bleeped out every time it’s shown on TV? Leave history alone, and learn from it. Wiping out the ‘uncomfortable’ bits does nobody any favours in the long run.

Absolutely.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Apparentlly there has been a petition around Scampton calling for the original memoriam to Gibson’s dog to be re.instated, totalling so far around 3000…including many family members of the air crews involved.
No doubt that 3000 and the vast majority of people who agree will be conveniently ignored so as not to offend the other minority.
Ok by today maybe it ain’t a ‘‘nice’’ word, but it is/was in the context of it’s time,.and history is history no matter how inconvenient or embarrassing, …as somebody has mentioned ‘■■■■■■■ was also the code word for mission success.
The irony of those brave guys fighting (and dying :bulb: ) for amongst other things freedom of speech.

robroy:
Apparentlly there has been a petition around Scampton calling for the original memoriam to Gibson’s dog to be re.instated, totalling so far around 3000…including many family members of the air crews involved.
No doubt that 3000 and the vast majority of people who agree will be conveniently ignored so as not to offend the other minority.
Ok by today maybe it ain’t a ‘‘nice’’ word, but it is/was in the context of it’s time,.and history is history no matter how inconvenient or embarrassing, …as somebody has mentioned ‘[zb]’ was also the code word for mission success.
The irony of those brave guys fighting (and dying :bulb: ) for amongst other things freedom of speech.

It might actually be a good idea to change the code word pothsumously to Niagra that’s close enough to still upset BLM with the bonus of ■■■■■■■ off the Germans even more. :smiling_imp:

Carryfast:

robroy:
Ok by today maybe it ain’t a ‘‘nice’’ word, but it is/was in the context of it’s time,.and history is history no matter how inconvenient or embarrassing, …as somebody has mentioned ‘[zb]’ was also the code word for mission success.

It might actually be a good idea to change the code word pothsumously to Niagra that’s close enough to still upset BLM with the bonus of ■■■■■■■ off the Germans even more. :smiling_imp:

No.
Not change it to anything, the dogs name was ■■■■■■■

FACT.

You start changing history then the future is ■■■■■■.

End of.

And ■■■■ your auto censor (zb)

You are part of the problem by pandering to the political correctness Marxism.
The first casualty of war is the truth. ■■■■■■■ OWNED ■■■■■■■.

Their sacrifice is being sacrificed - R.I.P.

AndieHyde:

Carryfast:

robroy:

No.
Not change it to anything, the dogs name was [zb].

FACT.

You start changing history then the future is [zb].

End of.

To be fair I’m sure that they’d all have a good laugh if we renamed the dog to fit the definition of black coloured dog of unmarried parents and changed the codeword to Niagra.Anyway that’s how I see it from now on and ‘they’ can’t do a thing about it. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Je ressens très fortement ce sujet

Le nom des chiens noirs était nègre

Der Name des schwarzen Hundes war ■■■■■■

De naam van de zwarte hond was neger

Chiens connards noirs vies ete important.

The offending word is derived from the Spanish word ‘■■■■■’ which simply means black. :bulb:

The Southern American way of saying that word came out as ■■■■■■■ during the slave trade years,.and carried on during slavery.
So it was more of an abbreviation (or an accentuated version) of an inoffensive word rather than a racial insult.
So technically and historically, not an offensive term at all. :bulb:

robroy:
The offending word is derived from the Spanish word ‘■■■■■’ which simply means black. :bulb:

The Southern American way of saying that word came out as [zb], during the slave trade years,.and carried on during slavery.
So it was more of an abbreviation (or an accentuated version) of an inoffensive word rather than a racial insult.
So technically and historically, not an offensive term at all. :bulb:

It’s obviously the slave thing that’s got em riled.

Yep in that accent egro comes out as igra.

In the movie Gene Hackman should have been given the lines stop being a Son ■■■■■ to these …igras boy or you’re gonna have a very bad day at the barbers.

As for the activists.
I’ll never forget the Carolinas state trooper who’d stopped me for speeding at 80 + in a 65 limit going to Florida from NY with NY reg hire car saying yer nart in Eee england now Boy.It was just like the movies.Luckily I wasn’t a native New Yorker. :smiley:

Not to be pedantic but the latin word for black is “niger”.

Gidders:

Ok a similar principle, but my version rightly or wrongly is what I was taught in school in history.
Your version would also apply in the same way, ie .a play on a genuine adjective, rather than a derogatory term…
I suppose the word essentially does become offensive when it is used as a noun instead of an adjective. :bulb:

The word is only offensive when used by caucasians.The “N” word is widely used routinely between themselves in normal conversation and in what they laughingly call music these days.In movies the word is used routinely by the likes of Samuel L.Jackson.Wasn’t there a "musical?"combo from the US called N.W.A?

Gidders:

Cry me a river!

Or a country

Had the radio on in car this morning, local radio station.
The excellent ‘Oliver’s army’ by Elvis Costello came on.
Sat there singing along :blush: :smiley: , then thought ‘that wasn’t right’.

There’s a line that says…‘‘Only takes one itchy trigger, makes one more widow one less white ■■■■■■■■

This song has been played on the radio since 1979 ffs, but now they’ve edited that line out.
■■■■ pathetic. :unamused:

Gidders:
In movies the word is used routinely by the likes of Samuel L.Jackson.Wasn’t there a "musical?"combo from the US called N.W.A?

True Romance Dennis Hopper Sicilians scene. :laughing: :open_mouth:

robroy:
Had the radio on in car this morning, local radio station.
The excellent ‘Oliver’s army’ by Elvis Costello came on.
Sat there singing along :blush: :smiley: , then thought ‘that wasn’t right’.

There’s a line that says…‘‘Only takes one itchy trigger, makes one more widow one less white [zb]’’

This song has been played on the radio since 1979 ffs, but now they’ve edited that line out.
[zb] pathetic. :unamused:

Might as well also get rid of London is full of Arabs we could be in Palestine.That’s bound to upset someone. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

I always thought it was all it takes is one itchy finger one more widow etc there was no ‘makes’ in the line either.
How do you get an itchy trigger.

Same as Jan and Dean Dead Man’s Curve.I always thought it was cruising with my 'Stang nor Stingray.The Stingray only has four tail lights the Mustang has six. :confused: Then they say the record was released in 1963 and 1964.

Strange zb it’s the Mandela effect.