DAF Warning light

Anyone know what a warning light that looks like 2 gear wheels with a drop of oil above means on a DAF, it’s not in my drivers manual?
All the oils and fluids have been checked and are OK. Comes on 2 or 3 times a day for about 60 seconds.

It’s a white warning light so not one of those “stop now” things…

I’d say it sounds like a PTO or gearbox warning light. Maybe a diff lock even. Check the controls for the diff locks and PTO (If fitted). If in doubt, just switch everything off, and flick each switch a few times, and see if that helps. May be just a dodgy connection, DAF electrics aren’t the best in the world.

Thanks for trying allikat. No diff lock on this old bus lol! (I wish there was).
What’s a PTO?

Trucks still going and the lights been flashing for 2 weeks so I guess it cant be that drastic :unamused:

Power Take Off.

Racking my brains to try and remember what the light means. Ask the mechanic to check the gearbox oil levels when it next goes into service, that may be the problem. Keep an eye on the gears, if they get a bit twitchy, then that’s the prblem.

I thought gearbox oil too, but that was checked on the service last weekend after I reported the light flashing. The workshop dont have a clue what it means, but that’s par for the course lol!!

What model is it a CF or XF ect

Martin:
I thought gearbox oil too, but that was checked on the service last weekend after I reported the light flashing. The workshop dont have a clue what it means, but that’s par for the course lol!!

Problem: Faulty light.
Solution: remove bulb :smiley:

I would think from the description it sounds like tramission oil, greabox or diff, so if they are ok it might be a dodgy switch or bad wireing. especially as it goes on and off.

It’s the autolube reservoir warning light, I think. Have a look and see if it’s running low. Mind you, might well just be a faulty sensor.

andymac:
It’s the autolube reservoir warning light, I think. Have a look and see if it’s running low. Mind you, might well just be a faulty sensor.

Top Man! :smiley: I would have never thought about that in a million years.

:wink: :smiley:

now therin lies a story. I had an XF which showed me the auto lube light for months. despite many many attempts to fix it, New sensor and the lot it was diagnosed as a known fault on that model. It never was resolved in the two years i had it :unamused:

From the manual for an 85CF. Bottom right on the Information Panel. Location E6 = fault in AGS.

AGS = Automatic Greasing System.

As to what the fault might be, I’ve no idea.

muckles:

Martin:

Problem: Faulty light.
Solution: remove bulb :smiley:

I would think from the description it sounds like tramission oil, greabox or diff, so if they are ok it might be a dodgy switch or bad wireing. especially as it goes on and off.

Thats what i was told whne i worked for Securicor , " we will take the bulb out then you can drive it ok?".

Why ask the grease monkey what it means he won`t know will he?,don,t forget hes geting less money than the driver , so he cares even less about it.