daf 75 300

Hi
Im a newbie, I have question for ya all…
Do any of you seasoned Vets know what the amber gear coggs and drip warning light stands for on this vehicle? I think it may be auto lube low…or PTO transfer box level low? Even the Daf dealer in my area is unsure.

Cheers
Dan Man

Expecting loads of useful comments :laughing: …NOT… why did ya buy one of those for!!!

Cogs may be range change - see if it changes when moving form lo to hi (a while since I drove one). The other may be power steering fluid, presuming it’s not oil, water etc.

Dan Man:
Even the Daf dealer in my area is unsure.

If your DAF dealer doesn’t know what a warning light on a DAF truck means I think you need a new dealer. :wink: :smiley:

thanks guys i dont think its anything serious ie engine oil, water,as ive checked these .
My 1st thoughts were gearbox oil level as it has an “intarder” ive no experience of these only “jake brake”.
As for the dealer its not a shiny one eg flags n smokey glass,but its only a one horse town… :wink: …but i take your point .cheers dan man :sunglasses:

low level in autolube reservoir.

AH is right, although mine comes on and off at random. Check the reservoir and go round the wagon and make a visual check if you are worried.
I remove all autolube pipes and check they are working about once a year, haven’t had any problems so far…touch wood.

Try the level in the autolube then have a good look at the wires and plug to the pump/resevoir that flexi conduit the wires are in has a habit of rubbing through the wires inside.You might have to strip the plastic cover off the plug and give the wires a tug

Thanks guys i’ll have a look at the wires,reservoir/pump,etc later in the week.Just at the moment ive got some work to do,something to do with profit n loss, fixed costs, running costs,etc :slight_smile:
Anyway thanks for all the info…brill site :sunglasses: