Daf CF 75 diff lock lights

Hi all has anyone had problems with the light for the diff lock on the dash flickering - neither the diff or cross lock have been activated but the dash light flickers and some times stays on for no reason - the diffs are NOT active it’s just the light - today I disconnected the front plug on th middle diff - no change but when I unplug the switch that sits about 8 or 9 inches behind the first one I mentioned the dash light goes out - do these switches ever short out like this or could there be another reason cheers lee ps thanks for all your help so far

price up a new switch, and if reasonable, change it and see what happens

did it only go out when both switches were unplugged or just the second one?

Seen it on plenty of different makes.

Will generally be a switch/sensor knackered/shorting etc. rather than mechanical majority of the time. If they’re microswitches that have lost their spring they can just flicker randomly.

If you’re confident it’s all sound mechanically taking the bulb out of the dash would be the most sensible fix if you can’t get it done under warranty.

hey lads thanks for responses - i took the second one out tonight and found there was a slight amount of corrosion inside the electrtical part of the switch, the plunger felt ok but up turned it and kept pressing the plunger while spraying WD40 in it at close range - put it back on the truck and plugged it in , the light is now off - wwoohhooooo - tomorrow will be the real teast to see if it starts to blink again whilst im on the road and the vibration takes its toll — will keep you posted boys

Hey all - success it’s working properly now - no flashing it’s a miracle - I wonder if that’s what is wrong with my previous post about high low range light on dash not working - dies any one know which switch on the gearbox sends the signal to the dash an ill take that out an clean/replace it

left hand side of the box, halfway down.

I have just bought a DAF CF 75 and can,t seem to get the Diff lock or cross lock to work ?

Is there a simple way to use them and know there on ?

Jack up both axles engage diff locks turn each axle by hand in turn ,the wheels should turn in the same direction,with diff lock off 1 wheel sill rotate in the opposite direction

Engage cross lock that will lock both axles together so turning 1 wheel will result in both axles turning ,you should have warning lights on the dash