DAF CF75 Adblue Problems. EURO 5 2009

HandyGrabAndy:

norb:
do not cut the air pipe,break off the black plastic seal then remove the metal clips and the nut pulls off then simply push pipe in to the new nut and it will lock in place…If you are not getting air to the main eas unit then there is an air vale on the N/S/F that fails ,possibly why the nozzle is blocking up ,another issue is people who for some unknown reason fill the air filter with ad blue

Would this be behind the metal plate 2 bolts holding the plate? NSF wheel arch? I have had an issue there last week too. Leaking 3 way push fit but I am 99% sure that was the Horne.
No leaks there now.

100% getting Adblue and can only describe the noise I am getting as a Pulsing hiss as the fluid 'should’ve be pushing through under load.
It gets fairly loud if I floor it off from stand still.
I can’t find any split in the pipes.

All filters are brand new and the air is definitely not full of adblue hahaha…
Can’t believe people do that
Thanks for the help

If manual trans N/S horn was gearlever warning, O/S air horn fed from APU area.

Ive never heard any adblue noises from the cab, PR engine likes to blow its manifold gaskets and also crack front half of the manifold, which might explain your noise under load.

See your davie man and ask him to carry out an autonomous systems test.

Did you drain and refill with new adblue?

it is a small dome shaped regulator valve ,did you have good air pressure when you changed the filter ■■..I have to agree with tricky ,it is probably time to at least get the fault codes from your DAF dealer .Much easier to point you in the right direction

norb:
it is a small dome shaped regulator valve ,did you have good air pressure when you changed the filter ■■..I have to agree with tricky ,it is probably time to at least get the fault codes from your DAF dealer .Much easier to point you in the right direction

Thanks guys for all your help.
Turns out the adblue is working fine. Got my Davie guy to sit in the pass and drove him up and down the expressway near mine. All levels have been met and working.

The strange noise I can hear turns out to be a loose T30s and 10 mm nuts on the Doser rattling under pressure and I could only hear that whilst its injecting (running)

Fingers crossed the lights stay out for a bit I need a rest and a good run to catch up haha

Ok so it’s back on Derate.
FUMING :imp: to say the least.

Doing a little reading and see theres a fuel pressure valve that may be causing fuelling issues.
I remember the Davie saying fuel pressure is fluctuating slightly.

Now I have noticed some white smoke every now and then.
Could this be a thing?
Thanks

New Fuel pressure Reg and Pressure Relief sensors fitted today.
Let’s see if this helps?

Replaced #32 & #34

HandyGrabAndy:
Replaced #32 & #34

Seen quite a few PR with a new 34 but dont think Ive seen one wth a replacement 32.
I can remember one years ago havinng issues with fuel in the oil and Iirc that was one of the pumping units, generally a real good old fashinoed engine.

Wiring is getting proepr scabby on some of the older machines.

In my honest opinion.
I think every part I have replaced has been a complete waste of money.
None of them have fixed the issue.
I have a Air dryer that’s not performing well and I truly think the airline is contaminated with Water.
I say this because when removing the airline from the adblue filter it had some water in the line.
Fitted a new dryer today after my run. Pick up a new adblue filter tomorrow. Knock the lights off “again” and see how that goes.
The parts fitted recently lasted 3-4 hours before derate

Trickydick:

HandyGrabAndy:
Replaced #32 & #34

Seen quite a few PR with a new 34 but dont think Ive seen one wth a replacement 32.
I can remember one years ago havinng issues with fuel in the oil and Iirc that was one of the pumping units, generally a real good old fashinoed engine.

In my honest opinion.
I have a Air dryer that’s not performing well and I truly think the airline is contaminated with Water.
I say this because when removing the airline from the adblue filter it had some water in the line.
Fitted a new dryer today after my run. Pick up a new adblue filter tomorrow. Knock the lights off “again” and see how that goes.

Trickydick:

HandyGrabAndy:
Replaced #32 & #34

HandyGrabAndy:
In my honest opinion.

Water wont hurt the adblue system at all, one of the daf fixes for the LF model with contaminated adblue lines was to remove the adblue metal air filter and fill it with hot water refit it and run the engine for a few minutes this then flushed the system out until you saw water dripping from the adblue injector pipe, then you fitted a new filter, this was initally just a fault clearing exercise, then was done on annual Y service then moved up to every oil change, might have changed since though?
Ive not tried it on a CF model as tbh I cant recall it having the same issues as the LF.

Did you replace just the filter or the dryer unit complete? Daf do say to replace the air dryer and the 4 way protection valve at the same time due to contamination, change air dryer cartrdige at least annually, make sure you fit the taller type of cartridge.

Compressors are easily good for 1 million easily, only issue I see is the little p clips holding the metal comp pipe from engine to the dryer rotting out with age, and the very very odd comp head gasket causing coolant system to pressurise, must be 3 maybe 4 years since last seen one fail.

Did you drain and replace the adblue?

HandyGrabAndy:
In my honest opinion.

Water wont hurt the adblue system at all, one of the daf fixes for the LF model with contaminated adblue lines was to remove the adblue metal air filter and fill it with hot water refit it and run the engine for a few minutes this then flushed the system out until you saw water dripping from the adblue injector pipe, this was initally just a fualt clearing exercise, then was done on annual Y service then moved up to every oil change, might have changed since though?
Ive not tried it on a CF model as tbh I cant recall it having the same issues as the LF.

Did you replace just the filter or the dryer unit complete? Daf do say to replace the air dryer and the 4 way protection valve at the same time due to contamination, change air dryer cartrdige at least annually, make sure you fit the taller type of cartridge.

Compressors are easily good for 1 million easily, only issue I see is the little p clips holding the metal comp pipe from engine to the dryer rotting out with age, and the very very odd comp head gasket causing coolant system to pressurise, must be 3 maybe 4 years since last seen one fail.

Thank you for the quick reply.
I changed the full dryer. It was hissing nearly all day. It’s been like that for a good few weeks to be honest.
It come with a DAF Cartridge too. Purchased from DAF too. So not a spurious part.

The reason for me saying it may be contaminated due to Water is that if the airline is injecting water with the air theres 2 issues.

1. It will be diluted
  2. Is the pressure enough to purge it fully

It’s a constant feed of water if the dryer was passing water. Definitely water in the airline to the air filter on the adblue system.

One question to ask.
Where is the feed from the protection valve to the adblue on the unit. Theres so many to chose from.
I am considering changing the airline as that could be leaking out somewhere too? So not providing the correct pressure.

Trickydick:

HandyGrabAndy:
In my honest opinion.

Water wont hurt the adblue system at all, one of the daf fixes for the LF model with contaminated adblue lines was to remove the adblue metal air filter and fill it with hot water refit it and run the engine for a few minutes this then flushed the system out until you saw water dripping from the adblue injector pipe, then you fitted a new filter, this was initally just a fault clearing exercise, then was done on annual Y service then moved up to every oil change, might have changed since though?

HandyGrabAndy:
Thank you for the quick reply.
I changed the full dryer. It was hissing nearly all day. It’s been like that for a good few weeks to be honest.
It come with a DAF Cartridge too. Purchased from DAF too. So not a spurious part.

The reason for me saying it may be contaminated due to Water is that if the airline is injecting water with the air theres 2 issues.

1. It will be diluted
  2. Is the pressure enough to purge it fully

It’s a constant feed of water if the dryer was passing water. Definitely water in the airline to the air filter on the adblue system.

One question to ask.
Where is the feed from the protection valve to the adblue on the unit. Theres so many to chose from.
I am considering changing the airline as that could be leaking out somewhere too? So not providing the correct pressure.

Trickydick:

HandyGrabAndy:
In my honest opinion.

Havent a clue which air pipe is which! but if you look closely at the bottom of the adblue pump/motor assy each union has its purpose cast into the bottom of the alloy casing, ie adblue in/adblue out/air in etc.

Iirc if you look at the chassis crossmember right behind the gearbox output flange and follow it to the left inner chassis rail there is a pressure reducing valve there fed by a 12m pipe and two smaller pipes (8mm maybe) leading away from a small distribution block, Im not sure if these are the feed you need but maybe worth a look?

Have you got much water in the air tanks? this time of year with all the rain its quite normal to have water droplets in the air system.

Trickydick:

norb:
do not cut the air pipe,break off the black plastic seal then remove the metal clips and the nut pulls off then simply push pipe in to the new nut and it will lock in place…If you are not getting air to the main eas unit then there is an air vale on the N/S/F that fails ,possibly why the nozzle is blocking up ,another issue is people who for some unknown reason fill the air filter with ad blue

Not seen that one before, used to fill adblue filter wth hot water to flush the LF adblue system out, Iirc was a std LF service item when oil change due.

That is how you take off a VOSS nut on that year of vehicle …The LF is a totally different system,Filling the filter on the LF to flush out the system is a system workshop use ,it isn’t the offical DAF procedure ,but it is dam more efficent than the offical procedure …Most workshops will use an old filter to carry out the flushing,This thread has being going on for a month and the vehicle seems to also have compressor gasket issues if there is water in the air system …Personally it is flogging a dead horse …The op needs to get the codes read ,so we can give more accurate info

norb:

Trickydick:

norb:

Not seen that one before, used to fill adblue filter wth hot water to flush the LF adblue system out, Iirc was a std LF service item when oil change due.

That is how you take off a VOSS nut on that year of vehicle …The LF is a totally different system,Filling the filter on the LF to flush out the system is a system workshop use ,it isn’t the offical DAF procedure ,but it is dam more efficent than the offical procedure …Most workshops will use an old filter to carry out the flushing,This thread has being going on for a month and the vehicle seems to also have compressor gasket issues if there is water in the air system …Personally it is flogging a dead horse …The op needs to get the codes read ,so we can give more accurate info

Got the Davii guy on it again today! He told me “Dosing long term”
Didnt get the codes because I didnt need them.

He ran a Purge test on the Adblue system.
The ‘Hissing/Squeeking’ I have mentioned a while ago was clear as day and apparent.
He said the Air system in the pump sounds jammed or blocked. He said he was forcing 8Bar through it.
So it looks like I need a pump.
Sick of the truck now haha.

They always have dosing long term and emissions long term in the memory.

Have a look on ebay for the dosing unit, bosch denoxtronic is I think the maker.

Heres one, hes mispelt Bosch so you might get a deal?
ebay.co.uk/itm/DAF-CF-75-BO … 0281.m3567

The other option is whoever buys all the ex waitrose/john lewis tractor units as they are all cf75 same set up as yours, again they advertise on ebay

Forgot to say check the part numbers as they may be year specific or one unit does all, Im not sure?

As said there is always a long term fault ,they only go away after about a year of trouble free performance from the item that caused it …It does sound like the pump …Fault codes are always handy that is why warranty always request them,The code will direct you to a diagnosis book that tells you possible causes

A new pump requires programming

norb:
A new pump requires programming

Thanks Norb
Recon pump on programmed and shes flying :wink:

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk