DAF CF480 Transmission problems

Hi, just wondering if any of you have experienced DAF CF480 Transmission problems. Had the misfortune of doing a delivery with the CF in an urban area, where the turtle (or forward /reverse) would not work in forward or reverse. It was all or nothing, where the truck would not move until i hit the accelerator hard, which was scary reversing into a tight yard. Is this problem with certain CF/XF models?

I never used turtle but when the wiring loom to the gearbox gets waterlogged then problems start happening. I had a 6 year old XF that kept selecting neutral while driving along and it got to the point of complete failure (on the dock thankfully) where DAF Aid came out and cut the loom with a stanley knife and around half a litre of water came out. Eventually the loom was replaced the problem was gone.

Never experienced it in the fleet where I’m at and we’re on our second round of Euro 6 CFs now as we’ve just replaced almost every 64 plate.

Biggest issue gearbox wise has been and clutches and release bearings giving up the ghost. Starts off with jerky drive take up when you start to use the throttle from standstill. Gets to point you can’t get it in any gear. Apparently it was an issue on the earlier ones and DAF were sending out free replacements or maybe that was just our place due to the amount of units we bought.

ZF boxes now seem to be crap, one of ours (16sp manual) destroyed itself 2 weeks at 3y/old, 300 000ks, the more you talk to people, the more common it seems to be, 12speeds are the worst of the lot apparently. ZF have been making transmissions since god was a boy, why are they getting it so wrong now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk