DAF CF Question?

We have ordered 6 DAF Cf’s , first one has turned up at body builders this week and there has been a big Fubar ,
Its only single bunk ! (driver n van boy) is this normal? 2 here but other four now look like being canceled IF they cant fitt 2 beds , can 2 beds be retro fitted on these vechs?
i think its the CF with the high(ish) cab a bit like the old hattcher roof ones■■?
just intrested in if or wot can be done?

OOOOH someone ball’s up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes that is normal in a CF far as I know.

Why don’t you have a go at who ever ordered and specced your CF’s your end ? That’s who is at fault.

mine only has a single bunk. its a bit stupid really cos there is a big shelf going round that is part of the top bunk, but with there being no bunk it just sticks out so i cant sit there and watch telly.

il take a couple of pictures on monday and post them in this thread.

mine only has a single bunk. its a bit stupid really cos there is a big shelf going round that is part of the top bunk, but with there being no bunk it just sticks out so i cant sit there and watch telly.

il take a couple of pictures on monday and post them in this thread.

the CF Skycab is large enough to take two bunks, but it comes with one fitted.

If you want two, you must specify it when the order is placed.

there should not be a problem retro fitting a second bunk though

Cheers for the answers guys ,
Best i know our guy did spec 2 beds so its a DAF fubar ! (off course our guy would say that lol)
daf rep last seen runnig away trying to fix this , before the other 4 get canceled !

The CF space cab can have 2 bunks fitted in it, I think it comes with one as standard. When I spoke to a DAF salesman he said most accessories can be retrofitted. There wouldn’t be enough room in a normal height cab for 2 bunks anyway with how high the bunk sits above the engine tunnel.

Mine came with only 1 bunk,but that does not bother me,im haveing cupboards fitted were other bunk should be anyway.It should be easy to fit the second bunk as all of the mounting points are already there.

mine came with just the one but i removed the under bunk storage and lowered the bottom bunk then fitted a thick ply top bunk (with air mattress) using the daf anchor points ill put pics on when i get it back from the painters

Fallmonk:
We have ordered 6 DAF Cf’s , first one has turned up at body builders this week and there has been a big Fubar ,
Its only single bunk ! (driver n van boy) is this normal? 2 here but other four now look like being canceled IF they cant fitt 2 beds , can 2 beds be retro fitted on these vechs?
i think its the CF with the high(ish) cab a bit like the old hattcher roof ones■■?

The pair of you will be quite cosy on your nights away. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DieselDemon:

Fallmonk:

The pair of you will be quite cosy on your nights away. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

and the prize for the best reply so far goes to… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ahh fleet engineers and daf cf’s. company i was at before my current job ordered a batch of cf dafs but forgot to include night heaters…fleet engineer before him thought he had ordered scania highlines when in fact they were the low roof/ single bunk version. fleet engineer before him was sacked after messing around with a leaking sulphur barrel resulting in a hell of a mess.

we have the cf space cab with 2 bunks and i have just took the top bunk out. pondering how to make use of the shelf space etc . :smiley:
does make the cab seem bigger and a lot better for moving around so i don’t want to fit a big shelf in and with it being leased i can’t do any drilling etc.

wirralpete:
ahh fleet engineers and daf cf’s. company i was at before my current job ordered a batch of cf dafs but forgot to include night heaters…fleet engineer before him thought he had ordered scania highlines when in fact they were the low roof/ single bunk version. fleet engineer before him was sacked after messing around with a leaking sulphur barrel resulting in a hell of a mess.

[zb] W/Pete sounds like you have had a few cowboys as TMs!
our guy is genuinly good so i hop this is a DAF fubar ! but who knows ! :exclamation:

( language edit ) jd

Well quick update new DAFs arived and its even worse they arethe low cab ones !
i will put a few picts up of wot we asked for (the merc) we asked for like for like and this is wot we got ! ,
1st two came yesterday , the rest are getting two bunks squeezed into them some how !!!

sounds like they mad a mistake at the factory or when they took the order mate

why did they choose dafs ■■? :question: would a scania or renault not of had more space :question:

scaniaman2006:
sounds like they mad a mistake at the factory or when they took the order mate

why did they choose dafs ■■? :question: would a scania or renault not of had more space :question:

Scania out the price range now seamingly ! used to be 100% Scania but priced themselfs out game ,
step in merc , great vechs everyone happy with the good service , etc the renults was tryed nice vechs esp with the full auto(volvo I Shift) but no one liked the cab !
But DAF guys been trying for years to get in , eventulay managed to get in with good prices and R&M Contract , but i think wee now see how hes done that not quouted “like for like” not a lot of happy people in our place , normaly its a fight to c who gets new trucks , but now no one wants one ! all want to keep there "R " cabbed scanias or the L/H mercs !

That DAF has the same cab as my old R reg unit that I tramped in for 4 years, it was tight on space for just me with the kit I needed for nights out, not a hope in hell of fitting a mate in there too! There is not room for 2 bunks in that cab unless the driver and mate are very slim midgets :unamused:
Another problem I found is that the side locker access is under the bunk, no locker doors on the outside, so getting to anything stored in the lockers means clearing the bottom bunk. With a second bunk fitted I dont think there would be space to lift the mattress to get to the under bunk lockers.

Fallmonk:
the rest are getting two bunks squeezed into them some how !!!

Two bunks in a low roof CF :open_mouth:

I’m not surprised you’ve got some disgruntled workers mate.