daf 3300

So, to sum up the question raised in my last three posts: would I be right to assume that you could order a DAF 3300 Space Cab 4x2 or 6x4 with a Fuller 'box (either 9-sp or 13sp)? And does any one know of any examples of a Space-cabbed 3300?

Here is some for you Robert. Dont know what gearbox thou.

E51902DD-64F4-4EE9-B893-60FEC24508AF.jpeg

Dirty Dan:
Here is some for you Robert. Dont know what gearbox thou.

They’re good pics Dan! :sunglasses:

Well silly me.How could i forget,i have my own :sunglasses:

Dirty Dan:
Well silly me.How could i forget,i have my own :sunglasses:

Yes, they make good pets don’t they! :laughing:

That’s a stunner, Dan.

About the white/blue stripes lorry a few posts back, the later pic shows it sporting two number plates, both with the same numbers on, but one arranged Dutch fashion. What’s all that about? Was it something to do with flagging out, and the Dutch authorities insisting on Dutch-style plates?

ERF-NGC-European:
Here’s a question for those who remember driving or operating the DAF 2800/3300 ATIs. The previous DKS version had the 13-sp Fuller in as standard. I remember driving one. Then with ATI version with the DTSE engine, DAF standardised on the 16s-sp ZF Ecosplit (slap-across) on the Continent but standardised on the 9-sp Fuller for British RHD 2800s (apparently to suit our higher 60mph limit at the time). I drove one of those too and I’m sure that had a slap-across 4+4 (rather than 4-over4 too).

Now back to the 3300, which is the subject of this thread. We know that Turk-spec 3300s retained the 13-speed Fuller as the standard 'box. George Bennett accompanied a convoy of DAF demonstrators through Turkey for Truck & Driver magazine and noted that the 3300 FTT heavy duty model had a Fuller 13-sp ‘slap-across’ 'box. There are other examples of optional 13-sp Fullers being fitted to 3300s which I’ll post below.

My question is: does anyone know of any examples of a 3300 DAF SPACE CAB unit fitted with a Fuller 'box?

I drove a few 2800 ATIs Robert and they all had the knock over 16 speed ZFs , i once double manned an urgent trip to Great Oakley MOD site with an owner driver and his 2800 had a 9 speed Fuller

ramone:

ERF-NGC-European:
Here’s a question for those who remember driving or operating the DAF 2800/3300 ATIs. The previous DKS version had the 13-sp Fuller in as standard. I remember driving one. Then with ATI version with the DTSE engine, DAF standardised on the 16s-sp ZF Ecosplit (slap-across) on the Continent but standardised on the 9-sp Fuller for British RHD 2800s (apparently to suit our higher 60mph limit at the time). I drove one of those too and I’m sure that had a slap-across 4+4 (rather than 4-over4 too).

Now back to the 3300, which is the subject of this thread. We know that Turk-spec 3300s retained the 13-speed Fuller as the standard 'box. George Bennett accompanied a convoy of DAF demonstrators through Turkey for Truck & Driver magazine and noted that the 3300 FTT heavy duty model had a Fuller 13-sp ‘slap-across’ 'box. There are other examples of optional 13-sp Fullers being fitted to 3300s which I’ll post below.

My question is: does anyone know of any examples of a 3300 DAF SPACE CAB unit fitted with a Fuller 'box?

I drove a few 2800 ATIs Robert and they all had the knock over 16 speed ZFs , i once double manned an urgent trip to Great Oakley MOD site with an owner driver and his 2800 had a 9 speed Fuller

Thanks Ramone. Yes, I drove a RHD 2800 ATI with the 9-sp slap-across version of the Fuller. I also drove a LHD 2800 with the 13-sp Fuller. I cited a few examples of the 3300 with a 13-sp Fuller box in but I couldn’t find any examples with the Space-cab, which is what I was after.

Rowena

I was on the interwebs the other night, and I came across this video (no p**n, I promise… unless I’ve cocked up the link that is :blush: )

youtube.com/watch?v=L95vCNGQGhc

Apologies if this has been posted before, but it does have proper DAFs in it.

ParkRoyal2100:
I was on the interwebs the other night, and I came across this video (no p**n, I promise… unless I’ve cocked up the link that is :blush: )

youtube.com/watch?v=L95vCNGQGhc

Apologies if this has been posted before, but it does have proper DAFs in it.

Not seen that before. Very nicely filmed :sunglasses: even if the commentary is a bit crass :laughing: !

ERF-NGC-European:
Not seen that before. Very nicely filmed :sunglasses: even if the commentary is a bit crass :laughing: !

I know Robert, but you take what you can get :wink:

ParkRoyal2100:

ERF-NGC-European:

I know Robert, but you take what you can get :wink:

And to be fair, it is of its time. After all, we wouldn’t have batted an eyelid in 1986!

P

At Leyland today.

A10DKX, Lothian DAF:

TROOPER2:
At Leyland today.

A10DKX, Lothian DAF:

Very nice!

David

91757843_10220502226403804_2976284595210682368_o.jpg

hi all lets forget the top bars and bottom bars for a while lets have some classic dafs :smiling_imp:

It is a scary prospect googling your user name :open_mouth:

I just blatantly stole these from Photobucket because we need to keep the best truck ever built in the public eye :stuck_out_tongue:

Here you are Bud. I sorted your links…

Great Pictures