Cumbria companies

McWilliam:
Wm Armstrong, Berriedale on the A9

cattlemen at their finest

This photo just reminded me of something. Do Armsrongs have driver/s based up there near Gillock up near Wick?

Ste Burrow:

McWilliam:

This photo just reminded me of something. Do Armsrongs have driver/s based up there near Gillock up near Wick?

You’ll need to ask the Cattleman Mackereth, I am reliable informed that he is well acquainted with the Armstrong family.

Hi Ste, Here is a photo of the farm lane end at Georgemass A9 junction near Gillock where Armstong’s Caithness based wagon used to park regularly in the wide part of the farm lane. I haven’t been that way for a year or two as I usually go straight to Gills Bay via Wick these days for Pentland Ferries to Orkney, however enquiries to contacts up there tell me that they see Armstrongs on the lorry park by the riverside at Thurso and at Dingwall but also a small van up there in their livery .With regard to McWilliam’s photoof Berriedale Brae hairpin here are some project plans and photos I took from high up above the southern approach last September showing the road improvements currently taking place.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Berridale Project 3.JPG

Thank you Leyland600 for such an informed post.

McWilliam:

Leyland 600 there’s a good write up and photo of your ex Thirwells Leopard and it mentions you taking it to the North of Scotland

BIBS:

McWilliam:

Leyland 600 there’s a good write up and photo of your ex Thirwells Leopard and it mentions you taking it to the North of Scotland

It’s from KEITH Severn on face book

Couple of photos off Facebook Andrew Wilson Young

Dennis Cleminson

hodgeturbo:
Dennis Cleminson

Was he the bloke from Silloth (?) that was always in trouble with the Ministry Hodge ? just that the name rings a bell ! Cheers Dennis.

hodgeturbo:
Couple of photos off Facebook Andrew Wilson Young

Was he the qualified solicitor from around Tebay/Crooklands area, who used to run the ME Hodge?
Or am I getting mixed up.

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
Dennis Cleminson

Was he the bloke from Silloth (?) that was always in trouble with the Ministry Hodge ? just that the name rings a bell ! Cheers Dennis.

Hiya Dennis,… if he was I’ve never heard of him and I’m originally a Silloth lad, (unless I’m wrong.)
I thought I knew all or most of the old Silloth and surrounding area owner drivers.

I remember Geoff Blaylock buying an old rough arsed blue 111 as a second motor, but not saying Hodge is wrong, or that is it.

robroy:

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
Dennis Cleminson

Hiya Dennis,… if he was I’ve never heard of him and I’m originally a Silloth lad, (unless I’m wrong.)
I thought I knew all or most of the old Silloth and surrounding area owner drivers.

I remember Geoff Blaylock buying an old rough arsed blue 111 as a second motor, but not saying Hodge is wrong, or that is it.

Andrew Wilson Young lived on a Chicken Farm at Raughton Head and Dennis lived at Blindcrake nr Cockermouth.I met Dennis a few times he was good friends with Walter Allison and he called at Slowly On a fair bit Walter actually sold him a F88 290

robroy:

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
Dennis Cleminson

My mistake eh! it was Cockermouth not Silloth ! Cheers Dennis.

■■■■■■■■ finest

McWilliam:
■■■■■■■■ finest

Do you work for them or are you after getting a start ■■

hodgeturbo:

robroy:

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
Dennis Cleminson

Andrew Wilson Young lived on a Chicken Farm at Raughton Head and Dennis lived at Blindcrake nr Cockermouth.I met Dennis a few times he was good friends with Walter Allison and he called at Slowly On a fair bit Walter actually sold him a F88 290

Ah right, cheers, now when I come to think of it that solicitor I mentioned ran one of the first Globetrotters,…full kitcenpack job, and that orange Merc (unless I’m way off again :smiley: ) was often seen getting it’s service in Solway DAF at Carlisle.
Only name I recognise there is Walter Allison (Aspatria area?) and his 88.

Honister Slate Mine

hodgeturbo:

this is the first artic i drove at HODGSONS . took it to LONDON COLNEY new years eve 1966. the regular driver had got drunk at dinner time so couldnt go