Cumbria companies

image.jpeg

Leyland Beaver in preservation

Stanfield:
Leyland Beaver in preservation2

Great shots of some Brady motors John although I believe the old Beaver is a “replica” Brady unit as all the Brady Leyland fleet bore the “EO” reg nos. You may recall that Ray Stevens built a replica Brady LAD Octopus which I believe was an ex Shell tanker chassis, It now resides in Tony Knowles fine collection re liveried as Knowles etc. Cheers Dennis.

hodgeturbo:

This shot keeps re surfacing Hodge, it was taken at Keele M6 southbound about '75 ish IMO both loaded with Libby tinned food. The ■■■■■■■ unit was driven by Lennie Richards and the Gardner unit by the late Alf Bellamy. By the time I bought Fells out in mid '76 both these units had been sold and shortly after I took over these two great drivers each got a new F88 apiece and boy could they get through the work which was usually 3 round trips to the southeast each week often via Hartlepool on the return trips, fully freighted all the way round !! “I hope thoo’s keepun thrang on’t tippers eh!” Cheers Dennis.

Just came across this ■■■■■■■■ reg Scania on ebay

20200216_065741_kindlephoto-70521538.png

Elterwater

hodgeturbo:

You can dig 'em out Paul ! IIRC Brady’s bought 6 F88’s ( They usually did buy in “sixes”) and 4 were liveried T Brady & Sons Ltd and two were liveried Athersmith Bros who they had bought out about 3 years previously. Nice load of Bowater Scott Parent reels ! Cheers Dennis.

hodgeturbo:
Elterwater

Did thoo clear 'al that stock heap wid ya motor Hodge ■■

hodgeturbo:

Hendy’s were a very decent outfit in the day ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
Elterwater

We haven’t done to bad out of Elterwater moved a bit of stone last year

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
Elterwater

We haven’t done to bad out of Elterwater moved a bit of stone last year

Aye Hodge all loaded wid CAT Shovel but when I were a Lad living at Ireby eh! I used to help John Strickland on a Sat afternoon sometimes to load his Petrol engine Morris tipper “by hand” off the stock heap at the Barytes mine near Caldbeck ( now long gone I think). The stock we loaded was mainly for laying on garden paths and drives etc. but it was still hard graft and nee weighbridge eh! just catch weight ! These modern tipper drivers diffen’t nar they are born and we used No10 shovels eh! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

jamescharters:
Just came across this ■■■■■■■■ reg Scania on ebay

…and a left ■■■■■■ at that “Jamescharters”.

David

hodgeturbo:

Outside the Garage In Morland Loaded with British Gypsum Of Kirkby Thore

hodgeturbo:

Outside the Garage in Morland Loaded with Gypsum of Kirkby Thore

hodgeturbo:

6LX:

hodgeturbo:

Leyland Lynx Outside the Garage in Morland Loaded with Gypsum of Kirkby Thore