Cumbria companies

Barnett & Graham artic from Penrith, heading North on Gathurst Viaduct on the M6.
The location is between junctions 26 and 27 of the M6 Motorway to the West of Wigan.
Picture from Wigan World Forum.

I reckon that Scania unit pulling B & G’s trailer is Colin Carruthers from Oulton Wigton.

robroy:
I reckon that Scania unit pulling B & G’s trailer is Colin Carruthers from Oulton Wigton.

Hi Robroy, If the artic unit in the above picture is Colin Carruthers Scania, perhaps he would
like to see it…Are you in touch with him ? Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.

robroy:

Bewick:

robroy:
Hiya Gerald…did George (Geordie) Hodgson drive a Foden artic (long distance) for Milk marketing board at Spyat in the 80s?..or am I confusing him with another George/Geordie ?
(Little guy, curly hair and a tache)

I think it is a case of “same name but different bloke” and Geordie Hodgson frae Cockermouth was certainly not a L’al Fella wid a Tash ! Cheers Bewick.

Cheers Dennis…, just that the name rang a bell.

I think that might be Geordie Thirwell from Blenerhasset

Hey Hodge I was starting to think thoo’d fell in til’t trench and got backfilled but thoo’s popped up agin eh! so all’s OK Marra ! How’s that new motor performing then ? Cheers Dennis.

pete smith:
One from William Armstrong’s and the Scania ain’t bad looking either!

Reading the UK news this morning,pleased that the driver wasn’t seriously injured,although it’s bad news for the 200 sheep that died as a direct result of the accident.

David

robroy:

Hi don’t think it’s CC s Scania as if IRC he never had deflector kit on his scania think the Wendy house was ex browns the 112 was ex Jimmy Dixon’s I think

Any photos of Duncan hills from early days

Bewick:
Hey Hodge I was starting to think thoo’d fell in til’t trench and got backfilled but thoo’s popped up agin eh! so all’s OK Marra ! How’s that new motor performing then ? Cheers Dennis.

its just come out of the paint shop at Bothel be on the road in a couple of weeks

Some of my old boss’s early motors _
Double C’s Wigton ( not my photos )

CC wigton

Only two in the country Ford have gave them to Malcolm Wilson

hodgeturbo:

Missed out again Hodge eh! But probably all they are good for is moving a few rally cars about Eh! Cheers Dennis.

hodgeturbo:

Theres hope of me having a British badge lorry again yet :neutral_face: Are they the model with the 500 ■■■■■■■ x12 litre made under licence ?

Punchy Dan:

hodgeturbo:

Theres hope of me having a British badge lorry again yet :neutral_face: Are they the model with the 500 ■■■■■■■ x12 litre made under licence ?

It’s a 500 zf gearbox axle casing has Ford stamped on it

Punchy Dan:

hodgeturbo:

Now don’t be greedy Dan, you already have a yardfull of decent British motors that still have plenty of work left in them. :wink:

Pete.

windrush:

Punchy Dan:

hodgeturbo:

Now don’t be greedy Dan, you already have a yardfull of decent British motors that still have plenty of work left in them. :wink:

Pete.

If only drivers would drive them :open_mouth: , I’d drive owt British ,( except those ghastly real Fodens ) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hodgeturbo:

Punchy Dan:

hodgeturbo:

It would be good if other s tested them out to be ok and they started doing rigids in rhd ,I’d give one ago at that point .

Punchy Dan:

hodgeturbo:

Punchy Dan:

hodgeturbo:

It would be good if other s tested them out to be ok and they started doing rigids in rhd ,I’d give one ago at that point .

From what I read in commercial motor they aren’t doing RHD or bringing them in to the UK