Cumbria companies

We, Loaded , we loaded many loads from brs all over ,some rates good some not so good , but you all ways got payed ,not not many others , Cheers Barry

Bewick:

EW car truck & bus:
Dennis,

then ensure that you remain off the Marathon nearly was thread as you could go off the scale…C.F. gone crazy!!! :laughing:

Correction “EW” “CF” has been [zb] crazy all his life !! Cheers Dennis. PS I wouldn’t/didn’t touch a Marathon with the proverbial “Barge Pole” I even refused a demo , and that was saying something as over the years we had a number of “dogs” on demo !!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Nowt wrong with my Marathon Dennis,no problems with it and it earned me some brass.

You don’t know what you’ve missed. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Anon.

Chris Webb:

Bewick:

EW car truck & bus:
Dennis,

then ensure that you remain off the Marathon nearly was thread as you could go off the scale…C.F. gone crazy!!! :laughing:

Correction “EW” “CF” has been [zb] crazy all his life !! Cheers Dennis. PS I wouldn’t/didn’t touch a Marathon with the proverbial “Barge Pole” I even refused a demo , and that was saying something as over the years we had a number of “dogs” on demo !!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Nowt wrong with my Marathon Dennis,no problems with it and it earned me some brass.

You don’t know what you’ve missed. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Anon.

But I’m still glad I missed “it” Chris ! :smiley: :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Just a photo of myself working for Bewicks.

Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 14.35.30.png

Tipping logs at Workington Docks

Harold, photo taken at LV Transport yard, Northfleet, Kent.

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 18.41.10.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 18.40.58.png

Some more photos for you all to enjoy & you Dennis!

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 18.33.13.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 18.32.54.png

Just a few more photos of LV Transport subbies.

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 19.04.54.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 19.04.46.png

hodgeturbo:
Going to Wisbech in the morning to pick this up

Starting to take shape paint shop next

hodgeturbo:

hodgeturbo:
Going to Wisbech in the morning to pick this up

Starting to take shape paint shop next

Another one of LV Transports, Northfleet, Kent subbies.

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 19.44.06.png

lvalsler:

Perhaps “you know who” could shed some light on this contractor?

David

5thwheel:

lvalsler:

David

David, Have a squint at “Len Valsler Transport” right here on “Old Time Lorries” thread.
With regard to your “5thWheel” name, If I put a “York Big D” turntable on a 3 axle artic
unit, would the “Big D” become a “7thWheel”. Hee Hee !!! Regards, Ray. Ray Smyth Transport.

Ray Smyth:

5thwheel:

lvalsler:

David

David, Have a squint at “Len Valsler Transport” right here on “Old Time Lorries” thread.
With regard to your “5thWheel” name, If I put a “York Big D” turntable on a 3 axle artic
unit, would the “Big D” become a “7thWheel”. Hee Hee !!! Regards, Ray. Ray Smyth Transport.

Ray,

I was pedantically referring to Dennis,he usually passes comments on all things “■■■■■■■■■■■ have viewed the Valsler thread you refer to.

With a 6 wheel unit,if you include the turntable and the steering wheel,you have 8th wheel,just a loopy comment!!

David

5thwheel:

lvalsler:

David

I can tell you David that J.T. Leyland’s depot is on the other side of the main line from where the Bewick depot was. I knew Tommy Leyland fairly well although he passed away probably about 20 years ago. The firm has been run since Tommy passed away by his youngest brother Michael Leyland. I never did any business with Tommy but I did once buy a 36ft single axle Crane Fruehauf van off him in the 70’s. You may notice when looking at some of our depot shots there is an odd glimpse of Leylands across the line. Cheers Dennis.