Cumbria companies

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Leyland600:
Dennis, simple answer, wellingtons !! (each day and every day including Sundays)
Cheers Leyland 600.

Correct ! give that man a cigar !! and from memory IIRC Gerald they were “Argyll” brand ! Cheers Dennis.

Hiya,
And as the great Billy Connelly sang, “If it wasne fer your wellies where would you be”
thanks harry, long retired.

The Cigars were called Grenvills IIRC Harry, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Leyland600:
Dennis, simple answer, wellingtons !! (each day and every day including Sundays)
Cheers Leyland 600.

Correct ! give that man a cigar !! and from memory IIRC Gerald they were “Argyll” brand ! Cheers Dennis.

Hiya,
And as the great Billy Connelly sang, “If it wasne fer your wellies where would you be”
thanks harry, long retired.

The Cigars were called Grenvills IIRC Harry, Regards Larry.

I only meant to give Gerald a Manakin Larry not a big fat King Edward, steady on there Hinney, gan canny noo ! Cheers Dennis.

Dennis my King Eddies are locked up in the safe, They are duty free ones of course my daughter brings them, back for me when on holiday abroad, Otherwise I would have to go without as I couldnt afford them being on the pension, Things like these are a treat for me if you get my drift, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Dennis my King Eddies are locked up in the safe, They are duty free ones of course my daughter brings them, back for me when on holiday abroad, Otherwise I would have to go without as I couldnt afford them being on the pension, Things like these are a treat for me if you get my drift, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

I sure do Larry and you remind of a regular little episode which I carried on for years which was when I used to attend functions and dinners as a guest of various vehicle suppliers, award ceremonies etc and invariably in those times over 20 years ago the cigars invariably were passed around at the end of the evening and as I have never smoked in my life :open_mouth: I would ask if it was OK to take one home for my manager who was partial to a nice cigar :blush: I kid you not Larry they would say sure take him a couple ! Used to go down a treat in the tarffic office when I used to produce them a few days afterwards ! :wink: Cheers Dennis

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
New Wagon starting to tek shape

OK Hodge there wus nowt 'int 'Haven News about a wealthy Allonby haulier winning’t Euro Millons Lottery eh! Obviously thoo put a cross in’t knee publicity eh! Cheers Dennis. :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No lottery win Dennis it’s a joint venture with the Bank Manager Its at Kevin Millicans getting painted now he has Johnstons old garage at Bothel

Hi Hodge, Good luck with your new wagon, however its a dodgy move a joint affair with the bank as you probably know they are all closing down on the Solway Plain, keep your fingers crossed.
Dennis, One day after loading on the dockside bulk animal feed at Carr’s Silloth I was just about to set off up to Castle Douglas when a guy came ashore off a Dutch coaster moored alongside, he asked for a lift to Carlisle so jumped in and we set off. Shortly he produced this enormous cigar and offered it to me, although being a pipe man at the time I was partial to a good King Edward. I unwrapped it and lit up. my what a gobfull, believe me it lasted until I was almost at Dumfries and I certainly enjoyed it.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Leyland600:
Hi Hodge, Good luck with your new wagon, however its a dodgy move a joint affair with the bank as you probably know they are all closing down on the Solway Plain, keep your fingers crossed.
Dennis, One day after loading on the dockside bulk animal feed at Carr’s Silloth I was just about to set off up to Castle Douglas when a guy came ashore off a Dutch coaster moored alongside, he asked for a lift to Carlisle so jumped in and we set off. Shortly he produced this enormous cigar and offered it to me, although being a pipe man at the time I was partial to a good King Edward. I unwrapped it and lit up. my what a gobfull, believe me it lasted until I was almost at Dumfries and I certainly enjoyed it.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Hi Leyland600, Ive just finished a King Eddie Imperial while sipping a Glenmorangie Single Malt, They are a supreme cigar IMO, Regards Larry.

Leyland600:
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Sounds good Gerald and a Marra will niver turn down an offer like that even if he was a non smoker eh!, :wink: plus ther’d be more smoke and fug inside the cab than the smoke out of the Foden exhaust ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Leyland600:
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Sounds good Gerald and a Marra will niver turn down an offer like that even if he was a non smoker eh!, :wink: plus ther’d be more smoke and fug inside the cab than the smoke out of the Foden exhaust ! Cheers Dennis.

Now then Dennis, Fodens only showed a heat haze from their exhausts, Thats if there old Gardner 150 had been tweeked properley of course, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
New Wagon starting to tek shape

OK Hodge there wus nowt 'int 'Haven News about a wealthy Allonby haulier winning’t Euro Millons Lottery eh! Obviously thoo put a cross in’t knee publicity eh! Cheers Dennis. :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No lottery win Dennis it’s a joint venture with the Bank Manager Its at Kevin Millicans getting painted now he has Johnstons old garage at Bothel

So come on Hodge lets be knowing, is this an addition to the fleet or a replacement ? and which contract/livery is it getting ? Thos. Armstrong, Tarmac or PH Logistics !. Are you going to run it 25 hrs a day ? Day shifts out of the Quarries and Neets on road planning ? £2 a ton delivered and cash only ! There’s nowt like a good Bank Manager eh! I was fortunate to have a couple at Nat West in my early years long before they were taken over by RBS. Anyhow all the best with the new Scanny I hope it does as well for you as the many I ran on the fleet in years gone by. Cheers Dennis.

Hi Lawrence, I drove past Glenmoangie Distillery at Tain recently heading north in brilliant sunshine to end up on next day a couple of miles away from the Highland Park distillery my preferred whisky. Snapped this Stevens Volvo on Wick Harbour a stone throw away from Old Pulteney Distillery on Saturday morning.
Cheers Leyland 600.

Leyland600:
Hi Lawrence, I drove past Glenmoangie Distillery at Tain recently heading north in brilliant sunshine to end up on next day a couple of miles away from the Highland Park distillery my preferred whisky. Snapped this Stevens Volvo on Wick Harbour a stone throw away from Old Pulteney Distillery on Saturday morning.
Cheers Leyland 600.

Great Photos, Did you get a sniff of the Angels share as you drove past the Distillerys :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

Yes Larry I most certainly did passing along Invergordon waterfront. Whyte & Mackay. a north wind blowing.
Cheers, Hic Leyland 600

Where’s Hodge ? is he on Neets with his new Scanny ? It’s nee good parked up it should be earning it’s keep eh!

Bewick:
Where’s Hodge ? is he on Neets with his new Scanny ? It’s nee good parked up it should be earning it’s keep eh!

Still getting painted Dennis going in the Tipton at Harrogate on the road June

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:

Now then Paul I don’t like the look of that precariously balanced very expensive piece of motor! I bet Kenneth wouldn’t either ! So can we look forward to you posting some publicity shots on the thread wid thoo stood in front of it at Tipcon ? Cheers Dennis.

A shot of one of my good now long gone Marra John Irving’s motors which he ran in his later years. Bewick

050.JPG

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:

Nearly ready Paul ! What size and make of tyres is it shod on ? and did you spec them or you just took what it came on ? All the best at Tipcon Cheers Dennis.