Cpc counts towards other work

I’ve been told at work that I can work Mon to Fri as a c+e driver then do 7hrs cpc training on sat and then back to work sun to Thurs, this can’t be right can it?

Seems everyone has a different idea about this.

Being paid and “forced to attend” is apparently other work.

But if your there by your own free will its not.

Dragging my arse on this CPC crap, leaving it till the last minute to do it, if I re do it at all :laughing:

Grumpy Dad:
Dragging my arse on this CPC crap, leaving it till the last minute to do it, if I re do it at all :laughing:

You…

May well struggle to get onto a course now.

yourhavingalarf:

Grumpy Dad:

You…

May well struggle to get onto a course now.

When the cost of pointless course comes out of my pocket I’ll take my chances :wink:

I pay for…

Mine too. One more to go and then I’m very special and kwalified and informed and everyfink for another five years.

I’ll probably kick it into touch after that and get a proper job in a fast food joint.

My class 2 I got while in the army, but my class 1 and everything since I’ve paid for myself including my ADR twice, DCPC, medicals and anything else required to do my job.
Now it’s DCPC again, an international driving permit and my passport is due to expire towards the end of the year, sometimes the man takes one penny too much :wink:

If you’re being instructed to attend, then it’s other work.

If you’re attending voluntarily, then you can do that in a rest period.

It’s work related so classed as working/other work.
So technically you can’t work on the Sunday.
I had this argument ages ago when had to do a stupid fors course on a Saturday then work on the Sunday.
Still waiting on dates for my doc . I keep asking in the office. Just get told it’s in hand we haven’t forgot.
Knowing my place be 1 course every Saturday in August leave it to the last min

edd1974:
It’s work related so classed as working/other work.
So technically you can’t work on the Sunday.
I had this argument ages ago when had to do a stupid fors course on a Saturday then work on the Sunday.
Still waiting on dates for my doc . I keep asking in the office. Just get told it’s in hand we haven’t forgot.
Knowing my place be 1 course every Saturday in August leave it to the last min

Work related or not, it all depends on whether you are being told to attend or you’re choosing to

End of the day if my company says your booked on a cpc next Saturday. Unless I’m going away . I have no choice but to attend said course.
If I choose not to attend then obviously when September comes I will be out of a job as my card will be out of date.
So don’t have any choice but to attend really.

Or pay for course myself.

edd1974:
End of the day if my company says your booked on a cpc next Saturday. Unless I’m going away . I have no choice but to attend said course.
If I choose not to attend then obviously when September comes I will be out of a job as my card will be out of date.
So don’t have any choice but to attend really.

Or pay for course myself.

If company say you’re booked on a course tomorrow and must attend, it’s other work

If they say there’s a course on tomorrow, upto you if you go on it or not, it’s rest as it’s your choice